Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Ball Project Z is a Dragon Ball RPG Heading Out in 2019

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageDragon Ball Project Z is a Dragon Ball RPG Heading Out in 2019

During this weekend's Dragon Ball FighterZ World Tour finals, Bandai Namco unleashed a new trailer for "Dragon Ball Project Z", a new RPG based in the world of DRagon Ball. The new game will be coming to PlayStation 4, XBox One and PC in 2019 and will trace the origins of the Dragon Ball Z.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    Reminds of those Legacy of Goku games but...newer and potentially more betterer.
    rojoArcueid
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    So it's basically the whole story but then as a game? I hope there's alot more to do then running through that whole story that i've already seen countless times before.
    rojoArcueid
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Reminds of those Legacy of Goku games but...newer and potentially more betterer.
    The Gameboy Advanced games? Those were super fun to be honest, way better than they should have been.

I'm honestly pretty excited for this, Dragonball Z is one of the few shows that literally every aspect could be turned into a portion of a game (minus the filler episodes). 
    rojoArcueidBlueThunderBearSabrac
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    The Gameboy Advanced games? Those were super fun to be honest, way better than they should have been.

I'm honestly pretty excited for this, Dragonball Z is one of the few shows that literally every aspect could be turned into a portion of a game (minus the filler episodes). 
    snes games actually had a ton of rpg for dragon ball, most never did leave the japan, but emulators and translators was big around 98-2005 so you could play then

but seeing how the games was before and how it is now, I will again like alwyas hold back any possible hype till the game is out
    rojoArcueid
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I agree with all the above comments.

I haven't played a DBZ game since Budokai 3 on PS2. Legacy of Goku RPGs on GBA were my favorite DBZ games so i am definitely looking forward to this game... post launch after reviews are in.
    Panther2103BlueThunderBear

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Never played any dragonball games so looking forward to try this rpg out!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Look me in the eyes and tell me you wouldnt play a video game version of that episode where Goku and Piccolo try to get their drivers licenses.
    Sabrac
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Wish it was from the very beginning when he was a small kid.

...Meh another game to add to the long list of games to play.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Look me in the eyes and tell me you wouldnt play a video game version of that episode where Goku and Piccolo try to get their drivers licenses.
    That would be really awesome. I would love if they included even the filler but I'm sure the group of people who would enjoy it is probably smaller than the group who want it to just be a straight up action RPG. 
    BlueThunderBear

That would be really awesome. I would love if they included even the filler but I'm sure the group of people who would enjoy it is probably smaller than the group who want it to just be a straight up action RPG. 

You know, had it not been for Fighter Z I may have disagreed because in the past the demographic for Dragonball Z games was just Dragonball fans. I think the popularity of Fighter Z as a solid competitive fighter sort of broadened the market though and now they need to appeal to more than just nerds who may or may not have tried to attain Super Saiyan in real life when they were kids.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I want an open world rpg in the dbz universe. And I don't want the show characters to be there. They have to die at some point
    sabrefoxx
  • sabrefoxxsabrefoxx Member UncommonPosts: 157
    edited January 2019

SlyLoK said:

I want an open world rpg in the dbz universe. And I don't want the show characters to be there. They have to die at some point

Totally agree. What even is the point of this alleged game if it only does exactly what so many other DBZ titles have done? Oh wow I get to play as Goku! A character that came out decades ago and has been playable in literally every DBZ game there has ever been. Not only that but I get to follow the story of DBZ too! /s

Only die-hard fans and the newer generation of fans will ever like this.