Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Caspien tantrum about news coverage

Comments

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    cochs said:
    When someone is self destructing, just get out of their way.  Don't get dragged into playing their game no good can come of that.
    That's true if you actually want them to self-destruct.  There are actually people who depend on him for their jobs though... 
    ... maybe I'm just as hopeless a dreamer as Caspien is... but I still hold out hope that someone will eventually break through and introduce some common sense into the situation.
    Oh! Come on! I thought you were more clear thinking than that!
    Caspian owns this circus, and he will ride it all the way to the ground. There is absolutely no way he will give up control.
    MendelSpottyGekko
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Jesus, what a manbitch.  Are we sure this isn't the same guy from Shroud of the Avatar who used to come here and insult people, and then claim to be the victim?
    [Deleted User]Strizzy12
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    cochs said:
    When someone is self destructing, just get out of their way.  Don't get dragged into playing their game no good can come of that.
    That's true if you actually want them to self-destruct.  There are actually people who depend on him for their jobs though... 
    ... maybe I'm just as hopeless a dreamer as Caspien is... but I still hold out hope that someone will eventually break through and introduce some common sense into the situation.
    Oh! Come on! I thought you were more clear thinking than that!
    Caspian owns this circus, and he will ride it all the way to the ground. There is absolutely no way he will give up control.

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 375
    I feel like this is Slapshot's fault for hurting his developer feelings.  Slapshot, apologize to the man so we can directly ask for our nonexclusive access.  Or indirectly ask for our exclusive access.  Point is I want some form of exclusive access, means someone else doesn't have it.  Right?  Not sure how Caspien-speak works so I'm grasping at straws.
    DakeruSpottyGekko
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited January 2019
    My guess is Caspian is really starting to sweat, the burn rate is likely catching up on him and he may soon have to consider more layoffs unless he can keep the money flowing in.

Speculative or probing articles by trusted gaming web sites could seriously undermine the confidence of current and future backers,  perhaps drying up the cash flow pipeline and actually managing to help kill off the game.

Right now he's in a race to deliver something of substance to bolster financial support from backers or even investors and I suspect if he doesn't pull it off soon, it's all going to start coming apart.

ConstantineMerusGdemamiMendelcraftseekerSpottyGekko

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "MMORPG.com Negan doesn't want this game"

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited January 2019

My theory:

The development isn't proceeding anywhere and there's nothing to show. Therefore Caspian has decided to use exclusively media outlets that no-one expect to tell anything about CoE.

If CoE ever gets anything they could use it as an exclusive, this so-called indirect request will be promptly forgotten.
    GdemamiKyleranMendelcraftseeker

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Wankyudo said:
    I feel like this is Slapshot's fault for hurting his developer feelings.  Slapshot, apologize to the man so we can directly ask for our nonexclusive access.  Or indirectly ask for our exclusive access.  Point is I want some form of exclusive access, means someone else doesn't have it.  Right?  Not sure how Caspien-speak works so I'm grasping at straws.
    I agree Slapshot is a huge, huge, super duper meanie but I know deep deep in his heart he is feeling broken and contrite....

:D
    BossChono

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Unlike so many on here, I do think CoE will launch, just not sure how many of us will want to play it. I tend to think of SotA in these situations, you may not get what you want but you'll  get something. :)
    tweedledumb99craftseeker
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited January 2019
    TimEisen said:
    since my column has seemingly led to our site losing COE access 
    ...and now you gonna play a victim card. Losing an access was well deserved afterall.
    SBFord[Deleted User]DakeruKyleranNildenStrizzy12FlyByKnightYashaXSpottyGekkoKumapon
    Gdemami said:
    TimEisen said:
    ...and now you gonna play a victim card. Losing an access was well deserved afterall.
    Why exactly?
  • virgommovirgommo Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Gdemami said:
    TimEisen said:
    How does one lose access over something that isn't there? That's like yelling at the contractor because your house door won't let you in. Meanwhile the contractor is scratching his head and says "But sir, that's an empty lot"....
    SBFordScot[Deleted User]Kylerancraftseeker
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited January 2019
    Gdemami said:
    TimEisen said:
    One of the things that people like to launch at our site is that we're too "easy" on devs. So then Tim publishes a fair, but tough, article about this game. As a result of the commentary of the posters here and the article, devs, rather than coming and offering an alternative viewpoint, write to the core community that MMORPG.com will "lose access" to content? Let's not forget, too, that this happens without any communication with forum moderators or other staff members.

And that's somehow...."play[ing] the victim card"? Quite the stretch, @Gdemami ;
    GdemamiScot[Deleted User]Slapshot1188Wellspringgervaise1Kyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]MadFrenchieand 2 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    @SBFord I don't think you're too easy on devs, you're just too easy on calling every upcoming AAA title one MMO, aka Destiny 2 and such. #PersonalTrigger  :P 
    SBFord
    MaxBacon said:
    @SBFord I don't think you're too easy on devs, you're just too easy on calling every upcoming AAA title one MMO, aka Destiny 2 and such. #PersonalTrigger  :P 
    @MaxBacon Off topic #PersonalTrigger :D :D :D
    MaxBaconScot[Deleted User]craftseeker

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited January 2019
    Scot said:
    Why exactly?
    ...pretty much what Suzie said above.

Whenever there was an article/column slightly positive, reasonable or just having different opinion from site audience, the author/site were immediately called paid shills or w/e name and thus like Suzie said, they attuned with their audience - a toxic community of forum trolls, and so did their articles(can't blame them).

Tim's recent article about CoE is one of them and instead of bearing the consequence of his poor, yellow journalism level, he plays a victim card...which just shows even more lack of his professionalism...
    [Deleted User]Kyleranmmolou[Deleted User]tweedledumb99ShaighcraftseekerStrizzy12[Deleted User]SpottyGekkoand 2 others.
    virgommo said:
    How does one lose access over something that isn't there?
    You gotta ask Suzie and Tim since they seem to be a bit butthurt about it...
    [Deleted User]SBFordDakeruKyleranmmolou[Deleted User]tweedledumb99ShaighcraftseekerStrizzy12and 2 others.
    edited January 2019
    Gdemami said:
    Scot said:
    Why exactly?

Whenever there was an article/column slightly positive, reasonable or just having different opinion from site audience, the author/site were immediately called paid shills or w/e name and thus like Suzie said, they attuned with their audience - a toxic community of forum trolls, and so did their articles(can't blame them).

Tim's recent article about CoE is one of them and instead of bearing the consequence of his poor, yellow journalism level, he plays a victim card...which just shows even more lack of his professionalism...
    Look, I questioned if a gaming journalist who put money in should be reporting on the game as a general principle, but to call the article yellow journalism is being trollish yourself.

As to questioning of the credibility of CoE articles which are more positive, this is the internet what do you expect? I saw positive comments as well, I usually question why people give a thumbs up or down at such an early stage.

From what I have seen of the management style to far there is a lack of professionalism and far too much ego at work. That does not mean we will get a bad game, but does not make me hopeful we will get a good game either.
    Post edited by Scot on
    SBFordKyleranAsm0deuscraftseekerAnOldFartManWithNoTan
    edited January 2019
    Scot said:
    Look, I questioned if a gaming journalist who put money in should be reporting on the game as a general principle, but to call the article yellow journalism is being trollish yourself.
    Your dilema about journalist who put money in is silly - the journalist is always invested, he gets paid for what he writes and fact is, this community does not approve articles that provide positive, rational insight, just like you demonstrated.

So should a writer write a positive review and be paid by developers or should he write a teardown and be paid by site that wants to please it's audience?

Nah, my assesment of the article is just accurate.

Like I said above, I do not blame the site, it is understandable from business point of view but once you start being bewildered by reaction your columns have outside of the site, you are losing a perception.
    lahnmir[Deleted User]Kylerantweedledumb99Asm0deuscraftseekermaskedweaselKumaponManWithNoTan
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Gdemami said:
    Scot said:
    Your dilema about journalist who put money in is silly - the journalist is always invested, he gets paid for what he writes and fact is, this community does not approve articles that provide positive, rational insight, just like you demonstrated.

So should a writer write a positive review and be paid by developers or should he write a teardown and be paid by site that wants to please it's audience?

Nah, my assesment of the article is just accurate.

Like I said above, I do not blame the site, it is understandable from business point of view but once you start being bewildered by reaction your columns have outside of the site, you are losing a perception.
    Nah, your assessment of the article doesn’t make any sense. It wasn’t harsh at all, let alone a teardown, don’t be ridiculous. It was however a critical piece, absolutely nothing wrong with that and Caspians reaction to it is childish to say the least, just like yours. Have a LOL, you seem to like those a lot...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    GdemamiSBFordScotKyleranNilden[Deleted User]tweedledumb99Asm0deusMendelcraftseekerand 2 others.
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    @Gdemami do you believe they've blocked mmorpg.com's access because Tim's article hurt them financially? 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Gdemami said:
    virgommo said:
    How does one lose access over something that isn't there?
    You gotta ask Suzie and Tim since they seem to be a bit butthurt about it...
    Kinda...no, not in the least. I don't have a horse in the race and CoE doesn't even register in the slightest with me as a gamer. It's more the principle of the thing and the unfair wrangling of both the site and the site community by the CoE devs that is mildly annoying (and simultaneously amusing).
    [Deleted User]Gdemamitweedledumb99craftseekerStrizzy12

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Gdemami said:
    Scot said:
    Why exactly?

Caspien is that you? 
    ScotKylerancraftseekerStrizzy12maskedweaselManWithNoTan

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    @Gdemami do you believe they've blocked mmorpg.com's access because Tim's article hurt them financially? 
    There was no access to block.
    ScotKylerantweedledumb99craftseekeranemomaskedweasel

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    There was no access to block.
    I'm interested in the why not the what. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung