Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Caspien tantrum about news coverage

Comments

• axulthrullaxulthrull Member UncommonPosts: 42
    heyyyyyyyyy caspiannnnnn
    your a whiney little biotch
    Kyleran
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    WooHoo I just made Epic..

and have nothing further to add to this discussion.. 

Well.. besides VoXElyra might have been pretty cool.. 
    MadFrenchieKyleran[Deleted User]craftseekerbartoni33AnOldFart
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2019
    <reads Caspian's post>

I am reminded only of the upside of traditional publishers.  They don't generally allow devs to rant and rave like this.
    SBFordKyleran[Deleted User]MendelMrMelGibsonWargfootYV

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:
    I remember a time when SOE did something similar over 'angry vets' on the SWG forum here. It forced MMORPG.com to start deleting threads, then when people started leaving the site over it they tried to make them happy by creating a separate forum for disgruntled players to post their grievances. All this in an effort to keep them out of the general forum. That "Veteran Refuge' forum blew up, leaving the general forum empty for sometime. Fast forward to today, the game no longer exists.

This isn't the same thing, but attacking game sites and their users is never a good idea.
    That's why Reddit and the Chans are doing so well.

I still like to come here too though. I just don't expect a serious discussion due to ROC and bias.

But hey, their site, their rules. Amiright?
    I am rather confused now...

You are aware he is talking about a situation from about 10 years ago, right?
    NorseGodTiller
    Harbinger of Fools
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Exclusive access to what? The only thing they have published is a cash shop for items to a game that will never exist.
    Cash shop is an understatement, they have put out zero gameplay content the past year and stall with pointless community contests, every single week they come out with new in game items for 30-40$, the studios is broke and they are leading their community on.
    The burn rate is real.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    I'm a little disappointed, in terms of our community being called out through a developer tantrum, I expected it a little later in 2019.  At least March. This is way too early in the year, it's going to be very hard to beat that, the community will certainly have to work harder if we're going to have a "When Developers Attack" montage by the end of the year.
    SBFord[Deleted User]MadFrenchieDakeruKylerantweedledumb99Strizzy12SpottyGekkoMrMelGibsonManWithNoTan

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    edited January 2019
    Here is the CURRENT Countdown on the Kingdom website that King @Dleatherus runs (PS just look at the first box for a laugh).  This was all based on stuff given by Caspien and SBS.  This was stuff their most dedicated community was told.  It's based on the "LAST POSSIBLE DATE" provided by SBS.    For those wondering, the only box that can be checked off is Server Selection which IMHO was just needed so they could figure out how many more "Royalty" packages they could sell on each server.  Should be a busy year :)

But it's mean old MMORPG.COM and Massively that are to blame.   Too funny.

They haven’t even had the courtesy to update projections.

http://bordweallcoe.com/countdown/
    maskedweaseltweedledumb99

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2019
    SBFord said:
    I'm not sure what an "indirect request" actually is. Oh well, it's Saturday so I'm not going to waste any time pondering the meaning.

Get out in that sunshine, folks...unless you're anywhere in the polar vortex, that is... D:
    grrr it's minus 12 here and loads of snow to shovel.I remember when i loved the snow and winter about...........oh 40 years ago lol.

Part of me feels sorry for this guy,he is doing nothing different than the rest of the developers which is try and deceive and manipulate money out of gamer's.

I have a pretty good hunch as to what "indirectly" refers to but not going there.
    I feel the industry is going through a phase,one that is very hostile,looking for ways to generate money out of nothing.It is actually out of hand,i look over at Steam releases and seems 99% are all early access.

SBFord[Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    I call Shenanigans on the OP, there is no way Caspian could write anything with that few words.
    SBFordWellspringLokeroKyleranAsm0deusStrizzy12
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    NorseGod[Deleted User]TorrskAsm0deusAnOldFartStrizzy12JamesGoblin
  • goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Here is the CURRENT Countdown on the Kingdom website that King @Dleatherus runs (PS just look at the first box for a laugh).  This was all based on stuff given by Caspien and SBS.  This was stuff their most dedicated community was told.  It's based on the "LAST POSSIBLE DATE" provided by SBS.    For those wondering, the only box that can be checked off is Server Selection which IMHO was just needed so they could figure out how many more "Royalty" packages they could sell on each server.  Should be a busy year :)

But it's mean old MMORPG.COM and Massively that are to blame.   Too funny.

They haven’t even had the courtesy to update projections.

http://bordweallcoe.com/countdown/

I think by end of  this year, around nov/dec 2019 they will put out a pre Elyria alpha for the nobles, just to run around in town etc, it will have nothing promised, it will be just to show ppl they have something. In terms of serious Alphas/Betas, I will not even post a hypothetical timeline as i don't see  it happening as long as Caspian is in charge.
    Mendel
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    It's only sad and dam funny this isn't the first time he has lost his shit. He really seems too bloody sensitive. He really should never been replying to the public or even talking on the forums. He can't handle any truth being said to him or even half truths. It's like he takes it straight to the heart, no matter what is said. But then over being mature and taking a step back to think about it. Goes into some immature teen state and attacks straight away. Showing the world how utterly hurt whatever made him feel. 

He has reacted like this so many times, it's very clearly just a character flaw. Each time I think he would learn. But it's like he needs others to tell him it's all going to be ok and not to listen to those "bullies". Which I can only picture how the convo went.
    LokeroGdemamiAnOldFartMendel
  • some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    This man-child should just learn to swallow his pride and understand that at the present moment every criticism about the game is well founded and deserved. The "right" way to react to criticism in this case is to admit mea culpa, apologize for the delays (or in the case of MMORPG.com's article the lack of transparency) and move on... But of course the temptation to throw a tantrum is too hard to resist and here we have the results.

If he is the one who has the last work in there, I pity those working under him.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]craftseekerGdemamiMendelStrizzy12
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited January 2019
    You can typically judge a game by its studio leader(s)...

I don't think much else needs to be said beyond that.

*added "typically" for brawndo drinkers
    craftseeker[Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm a little disappointed, in terms of our community being called out through a developer tantrum, I expected it a little later in 2019.  At least March. This is way too early in the year, it's going to be very hard to beat that, the community will certainly have to work harder if we're going to have a "When Developers Attack" montage by the end of the year.
    I suppose if he wont come to us anymore then we could go to them and all register on the forums.  Of course it is not the super top secret forums or the super duper super friends / legion of doom only forums but we can still spread the love and offer kool aid to the cult members.
    Fun observation,  Caspian rarely posts on his own forum, come to think of it,  I've rarely seen any of the devs post there.

I think they dislike posting things in print which might hold them accountable.
    maskedweaselLeFantomeScot

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

I can't for the life of me imagine why that would be...

maskedweaselKylerancraftseekerStrizzy12

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Kyleran said:
    Fun observation,  Caspian rarely posts on his own forum, come to think of it,  I've rarely seen any of the devs post there.

They basically spend all their time/free time on discord. If you happen to not come from their timezone, like I do. I rarely see them say anything. All the while the lucky few that chat to them almost daily on discord, can talk about how open and great they are. Much like I rarely catch their Q&A videos live. Which they sometimes reply to live questions. So not really hard to see how a special few get everything and everyone else gets crap all.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Can't say I have noticed huge amounts of hostility towards CoE. Some posts / posters but by and large not a lot of discussion. Lots of other games, imo, get a more hostile grilling.

By and large and on the whole I consider mmorpg.com to be pretty tame; unlike - say - the VN forums of old. (Although I don't think the VN forums deserved the rep they had but I would have to admit that they could be somewhat "abrasive" shall I say.)
    Gdemami
    edited January 2019
    gervaise1 said:
    Can't say I have noticed huge amounts of hostility towards CoE. Some posts / posters but by and large not a lot of discussion. Lots of other games, imo, get a more hostile grilling.

By and large and on the whole I consider mmorpg.com to be pretty tame; unlike - say - the VN forums of old. (Although I don't think the VN forums deserved the rep they had but I would have to admit that they could be somewhat "abrasive" shall I say.)
    In the COE universe questioning the "prophet" is heresy of the highest order and will earn you the moniker of "vile", hateful,  troll.

Wear it proudly I say....
    craftseeker

TimEisen said:
    I'm looking into doing an AMA on the COE Reddit. I believe this situation needs clarity and, since my column has seemingly led to out site losing COE access, I'd like the chance to explain myself to their backers. It's unfortunate that he chose to project his ideology as ours. 
    I still like my idea for an interview better.  The issue shouldn't be made to be about you or MMORPG.COM.  The focus should stay on Caspien, his own words, and then the reality that follows those words.  

Offer to host an AMA stream for Caspien.  Or heck, even like I said I can literally give him the questions in advance.
    [Deleted User]maskedweaselGdemamitweedledumb99

TimEisen said:
    TimEisen said:
    I'm looking into doing an AMA on the COE Reddit. I believe this situation needs clarity and, since my column has seemingly led to out site losing COE access, I'd like the chance to explain myself to their backers. It's unfortunate that he chose to project his ideology as ours. 
    I still like my idea for an interview better.  The issue shouldn't be made to be about you or MMORPG.COM.  The focus should stay on Caspien, his own words, and then the reality that follows those words.  

Offer to host an AMA stream for Caspien.  Or heck, even like I said I can literally give him the questions in advance.
    That is up to you if you want to pursue that or not. Like Like I said, last time I tried one it didn't go well.
    The odds that Caspien would agree to answer live questions from me is roughly the same odds that they release a fully functional game by June of this year.

• cochscochs Member UncommonPosts: 92
    When someone is self destructing, just get out of their way.  Don't get dragged into playing their game no good can come of that.
    [Deleted User]KyleranWellspring
    cochs said:
    When someone is self destructing, just get out of their way.  Don't get dragged into playing their game no good can come of that.
    That's true if you actually want them to self-destruct.  There are actually people who depend on him for their jobs though... 
    ... maybe I'm just as hopeless a dreamer as Caspien is... but I still hold out hope that someone will eventually break through and introduce some common sense into the situation.
    [Deleted User]Gdemami

• cochscochs Member UncommonPosts: 92
    cochs said:
    That's true if you actually want them to self-destruct.  There are actually people who depend on him for their jobs though... 
    ... maybe I'm just as hopeless a dreamer as Caspien is... but I still hold out hope that someone will eventually break through and introduce some common sense into the situation.

I understand the sentiment.  But chances are those people are better off moving on.  If they were my friends, my advice to them would be move on.   I live in the same area these people do and I work in the same industry.  If they are good enough to actually be working at what they do, the jobs are there.  The area is a major tech and game industry hub.

Slapshot1188[Deleted User]craftseekerKyleranWellspringtweedledumb99Strizzy12
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Oh the victim card, how creative of you. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung