Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Caspien tantrum about news coverage

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited January 2019
    Mendel said:
    Because I was concentrating on how SBS has approached and tried to use SpatialOS
    Oh, so you have no idea about sw development, no clue about programming either, you don't even care whether you actually understand a technology, yet you are somehow miraculously capable to analyze whether someone else was intending to use the technology properly...

Just....wow...

oh, and btw. SpatialOS isn't experimental software, whatever that is supposed to be so you are just off like with the rest of your tirade..
    [Deleted User]tweedledumb99EponyxDamorManWithNoTan
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Why are you guys even reacting to the troll?

I vaguely remember when Caspien declared SpatialOS to be the solution to all the amazing features he wanted, even the guys of SpatialOS told him straight, that their product can't do all that cause it was never meant to do that.

That tells me all I need to know about SpatialOS's limitations and more importantly:
    All of Caspien's limitations
    Gdemami
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    even the guys of SpatialOS told him straight, that their product can't do all that cause it was never meant to do that.
    ...source?
    Iselin[Deleted User]EponyxDamorWargfootYVGaladourn
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2019
    Guys, @Gdemami has it tough enough reconciling his edge lord desires with his CoE fanboy desires.  He's trying to delicately balance remaining apathetic enough to retain the edge lord status while simultaneously defending his favorite game (that doesn't exist yet). 

Give him a break. :D  It's hard out here for an edge fanboy....  An edgeboy.
    [Deleted User]UngoodIselinKylerantweedledumb99EponyxDamor

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    And to think that at one point I was seriously considering supporting their Kickstarter...

Well, at least my not doing so has resulted in a much better mood today.
    MadFrenchieKyleranGaladourn
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Caspien had another meltdown on Discord today because someone dared to ask him where we were on development of a feature because we were nearing the end of the development window for it.  He freaked out on the guy and said “Nobody has given a window “ to which the guy replied with a screenshot of Caspien himself literally using the word window to describe this. (Fairly epic)

That sent him off the deep end saying he’s”done” and he’s no longer going to give any indications of when they are working on things.  He went on and on.  With “Going forward I will answer no additional questions that include the word when”.

What the heck?  The guy literally promised to publish a schedule on his website.  He doesn’t do that , then acts like a 2 year old when someone expects him to do what he said.  And people gave this guy $5M?  What a joke. 

IMHO he is not only incompetent but I think he knows it and that’s why he reacts like this when questioned by a customer or by the MMORPG article.  This is how someone who has no self-confidence reacts.  Whether it’s to his customers or reacting to Tim’s mild article.  
    GdemamiSBFordDakeruMendelTacticalZombehIselinWellspringEponyxDamortweedledumb99Galadourn

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Caspien had another meltdown on Discord today because someone dared to ask him where we were on development of a feature because we were nearing the end of the development window for it.  He freaked out on the guy and said “Nobody has given a window “ to which the guy replied with a screenshot of Caspien himself literally using the word window to describe this. (Fairly epic)

That sent him off the deep end saying he’s”done” and he’s no longer going to give any indications of when they are working on things.  He went on and on.  With “Going forward I will answer no additional questions that include the word when”.

What the heck?  The guy literally promised to publish a schedule on his website.  He doesn’t do that , then acts like a 2 year old when someone expects him to do what he said.  And people gave this guy $5M?  What a joke. 

IMHO he is not only incompetent but I think he knows it and that’s why he reacts like this when questioned by a customer or by the MMORPG article.  This is how someone who has no self-confidence reacts.  Whether it’s to his customers or reacting to Tim’s mild article.  
    He can't handle being held accountable for how own words/actions.

It's a glorious trainwreck of a project lead to behold.
    GdemamiSlapshot1188EponyxDamor

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    As someone that is a heavy backer of CoE. I see this forum/website as the other side of the coin. CoE forums are getting more and more echo chamber as time goes on. Anytime they release anything, like this weekly *shiny*. It's met with "OMFG this is sooo cool". While some people do normally say why it wouldn't work. That's basically the only criticism that is ever said. I got zero idea if anything more is said on discord, since I can't be bothered with it anymore.

While Slap can go a bit on the hate train. If others weren't replying back. One person making most of the threads would go nowhere. While even within his rants, not like he isn't making sense. So big woop if he spams out making threads. 

But seems like attacking this website is just taking away from the fact that nothing is happening. If they were getting stuff done, then no one could say anything. Even if it was slowly getting done. But so far, nothing seems to be happening, well outside of the back end. The pre-elyira/vox/mud, whichever name is goes by now, was said to be coming ages back. While I have no idea if other game companies really do such a thing to speed up time. Seems nothing has been sped up. 

The biggest thing that should happen, is Caspian needs to get the fuck off discord and get on with the game. He clearly can't handle himself. I find it interesting they basically say they have no time to post anything on the forums. But can waste so much time in discord answering basically everything. He normally slips up and gives info away that he shouldn't be, which naturally comes back to bite him.

Of course I do know many people that aren't happy with the game, but that just don't bother voicing their opinion. Most of them just speak with their wallet by not giving anything more. 
    IselinSlapshot1188MadFrenchieKylerantweedledumb99AnOldFartEponyxDamorStaalBurgher
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Guys, @Gdemami has it tough enough reconciling his edge lord desires with his CoE fanboy desires.  He's trying to delicately balance remaining apathetic enough to retain the edge lord status while simultaneously defending his favorite game (that doesn't exist yet). 

I'm not sure he's a COE fanboy although I agree he does try too hard to be an edge lord.

What I think his point is - and I may be giving him too much credit thinking that there is a point there underneath his condescension -  is that only developers are qualified to criticize developers.

A strange world view to be sure but I think that's all there is to his trolling.
    MadFrenchietweedledumb99AnOldFart
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Iselin said:

I'm not sure he's a COE fanboy although I agree he does try too hard to be an edge lord.

What I think his point is - and I may be giving him too much credit thinking that there is a point there underneath his condescension -  is that only developers are qualified to criticize developers.

A strange world view to be sure but I think that's all there is to his trolling.
    A small correction, only game developers are fit criticize other game developers. 

All others need not apply.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XanzoXanzo Member UncommonPosts: 129
    This could be the Fyre festival all over again...
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Remember that sweet "demo" that was shown ages ago? It looked great. The one walking through a town, going in a house and interacting with everything... Obviously anything outside of that demo didn't exist.

A shame really.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2019
    Well on the mention of "information paywalls"i can understand that very easily.
    if there is a lot of hate/anger towards some developer,it would be so easy to just donate $1 to be able to voice your opinion or spy and or make fake accounts to deliver the news.
    So yes there needs to be some sort of wall,call it a pay wall whatever.
    If this guy had of just stuck to the original presentation he delivered to us here at mmorpg.com,i would still be interested in the game,try and deceive me and there is no way in hell.

Point being ,that in the future if any dev wants to peddle his/her product,come here with honesty and straight forward marketing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    edited February 2019
    Information paywall reminds me of scientology where you have to pay enough to get true enlightenment. You aren't allowed to criticize scientology if you aren't part of the group and once you start to criticize it you are out of the group and not allowed to criticize it.

The gdemani amendment would be that you aren't a writer yourself so not allowed to criticize the Ron Hubbard himself.
    ManWithNoTanYashaX
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Shaigh said:
    Information paywall reminds me of scientology where you have to pay enough to get true enlightenment. You aren't allowed to criticize scientology if you aren't part of the group and once you start to criticize it you are out of the group and not allowed to criticize it.

The gdemani amendment would be that you aren't a writer yourself so not allowed to criticize the Ron Hubbard himself.
    Funny that you bring up the loltroll and scientology together in one post. When he goes off on one of his rants about psychology being a fake science I have wondered...
    YashaXcraftseeker
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Iselin said:
    Shaigh said:

Funny that you bring up the loltroll and scientology together in one post. When he goes off on one of his rants about psychology being a fake science I have wondered...
    Ahh THAT was him, now I member! God, that was equal parts hilarious and utterly embarrasing.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    craftseeker
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    lahnmir said:
    Iselin said:
    Shaigh said:

Ahh THAT was him, now I member! God, that was equal parts hilarious and utterly embarrasing.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Err, before laughing too much about it, the debate about whether Psychology is a "true science" rages on, by many who are scientists no less.

But this thread is careening out of control perhaps, and we certainly shouldn't debate a subject such as this nor other posters behaviors. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/theory-knowledge/201601/the-is-psychology-science-debate

tweedledumb99Iselin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:
    Iselin said:
    Shaigh said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Err, before laughing too much about it, the debate about whether Psychology is a "true science" rages on, by many who are scientists no less.

But this thread is careening out of control perhaps, and we certainly shouldn't debate a subject such as this nor other posters behaviors. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/theory-knowledge/201601/the-is-psychology-science-debate

The idea it isn't a science ignores the actual insights that have been gained as a result of the study of psychology.

Remember science is merely: "the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment."

It's science.  The debate is on the level of the climate "debate" among scientists.
    GdemamiYashaXgervaise1craftseeker

The idea it isn't a science ignores the actual insights that have been gained as a result of the study of psychology.

Remember science is merely: "the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment."

It's science.  The debate is on the level of the climate "debate" among scientists.
    150 years ongoing debate finally solved!

Just...wow...
    YashaXcraftseeker
    edited February 2019
    Gdemami said:

Just...wow...
    You have zero clue what you're talking about, and it clearly shows.  Go back to your cave, troll.
    Gdemamitweedledumb99YashaXcraftseeker

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Gdemami said:

Just...wow...
    You have zero clue what you're talking about, and it clearly shows.  Go back to your cave, troll.
    Actually I gained an insight from his post.
    He posts "just wow" a lot.

I remember Caspien commented himself with "very wow"
    Maybe we are on to something here.

MadFrenchietweedledumb99KyleranYashaXcraftseeker
    Harbinger of Fools
    He just doesn't understand that there's more to that question than some kind of binary decision about the totality of persons or work involved.

By his logic, someone approaching psychology without using the scientific method to experiment and observe behavior completely eliminates the fact that there are well-documented studies via said method that have gleaned real insight into the human psyche, including behavioral results of observable brain activity (or lack thereof).

But it's unsurprising an edge lord would take that position.
    GdemamiMendeltweedledumb99YashaXcraftseeker

edited February 2019
    Kyleran said:

In case you are genuinely interested, I am very fond of one particular article that I read years ago. It explains way more indepth and in logical structure why there is a lack of author of your article calls 'cumulative body of knowledge' and therefore why psychology cannot be considered a science.

https://arachnoid.com/psychology/psychology_science.html

MadFrenchieEponyxDamortweedledumb99KyleranIselinYashaXcraftseeker
    Gdemami said:
    Kyleran said:

In case you are genuinely interested, I am very fond of one particular article that I read years ago. It explains way more indepth and in logical structure why there is a lack of author of your article calls 'cumulative body of knowledge' and therefore why psychology cannot be considered a science.

https://arachnoid.com/psychology/psychology_science.html

The focus on that particular aspect is vacuously narrow, and is why assigning a binary "yes" or "no" is only useful in the context used on these forums.  The more in-depth debate focuses on the degree and manner in which psychology is like or unalike physical or natural sciences ('hard' sciences).

That's how the question is similar to the climate debate: there's a question of degree, condition, and caveats to the one word answer to "is climate change happening?" (or is climate change caused by humans?), that answer generally being accepted as being yes.

Your link is also to an article written by what appears to be a fucking software developer, because that's the authority we want to give us the answer to this question, right?

Not someone with a Phd in the theory of knowledge (such as Gregg Henriques) or David Feldman, who holds a PhD in the field itself, and who both write insightful articles for Psychology Today expounding on the issue in a way your software developer can only regurgitate, at best.

But hey, keep doing you, edge lord.
    GdemamiYashaXgervaise1craftseeker

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Guys... can we stay on target?

While I believe Caspien has a Psychology degree that’s really not what this thread is about.  It’s about his meltdown because MMORPG actually had a mildly questioning article, his tantrum about taking his “exclusives” to PCGamer (1 total COE article there) and tangentially about how he also just had a tantrum against his own customer for presenting him with his own words.

Its getting really bad.  I am actually starting to feel bad for the guy.  Just a little.

Gdemamitweedledumb99Wellspring[Deleted User]YashaX

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018