Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Langrisser Mobile: High Quality Music & Voice Acting Set It Apart (SPONSORED) - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 31,334
edited January 18 in News & Features Discussion

imageLangrisser Mobile: High Quality Music & Voice Acting Set It Apart (SPONSORED) - MMORPG.com

The Langrisser series of tactical RPGs has a long and storied history in the gaming world. Over 25 years of storytelling has taken place with epic tales being told. The newest game is Langrisser Mobile that not only brings back the highly respected Langrisser universe, but also the renowned composer of earlier games and some of the most beloved voice actors of all time.

Read the full story here


¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


Comments

  • LililuneLililune ParisMember UncommonPosts: 45
    I'm feeling nostalgic...and sad...
    I think I really hate mobile games /:
    seshsesPhryCaffynatedKlikaeceh430TacticalZombehMensuralkarionlogF2PlagueScot
  • SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickMember UncommonPosts: 1,390
    So another pay2win gacha filled piece of crap bascally? Like almost all mobile games. These companies prefer mobile games because they cost like less than 10% what making a console game would and the return profit is MUCH higher due to how pay2win and gacha filled they are and how many people are stupid enough to fall for it.

    Only mobile game I currently like is Azur Lane, and thats because its not really pay2win, you get more than enough gacha rolls for free. In fact if you were to buy gems 5 US gets you 5-11 gacha rolls, where 5 US in pretty much every other mobile game gets you ONE! Not to mention the chances of SSR is 7% in Azur Lane compared to what 0.5 to 1% in most others? 2% at max? Most characters can actually be earned by clearing stages, and some characters can ONLY be gotten by doing stages like Akagi and Kaga in 3-4, they are drop only and its the only way to get them. Azur lane is more play 2 win, than pay2win with how its setup, and its the best way imo.

    Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

    A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

    or

    B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

    Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

  • PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 10,326
    We don't have mobile phones.  :p
    RidelynnCaffynatedKlikaeSBFordQuizzicaleugheuforceDakeruMendelTacticalZombeh
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember EpicPosts: 4,805

    Siveria said:

    So another pay2win gacha filled piece of crap bascally? Like almost all mobile games. These companies prefer mobile games because they cost like less than 10% what making a console game would and the return profit is MUCH higher due to how pay2win and gacha filled they are and how many people are stupid enough to fall for it.



    Only mobile game I currently like is Azur Lane, and thats because its not really pay2win, you get more than enough gacha rolls for free. In fact if you were to buy gems 5 US gets you 5-11 gacha rolls, where 5 US in pretty much every other mobile game gets you ONE! Not to mention the chances of SSR is 7% in Azur Lane compared to what 0.5 to 1% in most others? 2% at max? Most characters can actually be earned by clearing stages, and some characters can ONLY be gotten by doing stages like Akagi and Kaga in 3-4, they are drop only and its the only way to get them. Azur lane is more play 2 win, than pay2win with how its setup, and its the best way imo.



    I looked into this game and yes it does look to be just another mobile cash grab from an existing IP, but with a little more money put into it.

    You can't complain about gatcha and then in the next paragraph praise a game entirely based off of gatcha and say "Well you don't have to spend AS much, I get up to 11 gatcha rolls for 5 dollars!". That's insane. You did exactly what your first paragraph said, and fell for it. There's a reason Azur Lane is like the number 6 top grossing game on android right now and it's not just because it's a good game.
    Fryu360
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,418
    Langrisser has tactical strategical gameplay and was one of them was of my favorite tactics games I ever played and instead they advertise it here as having great music and voice acting.

    Shaking my head...
  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 15,410
    I loved the Langrisser series,i still to this day often play Lang 2.Apparently as i couldn't get into it being non English but apparently Lang3 got worse or at least not any better.So maybe this is why they are mentioning music and voice acting as they are both a nice touch "not so much the music"but if they can deliver goo game play then voice acting is a bonus.

    However aiming at a mobile market,i don't see the point unless they are trying to cash in on cash shops that should NOT exist in a game like this?I also assume easier and cheaper for them.

    None the less,it doesn't matter as i won't be buying any mobile games.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • CaffynatedCaffynated Shadowbane, TXMember UncommonPosts: 383
    Tiamat64 said:
    Langrisser has tactical strategical gameplay and was one of them was of my favorite tactics games I ever played and instead they advertise it here as having great music and voice acting.

    Shaking my head...
    The music was the most memorable part of Warsong.

    The soaring hope of the player's phase, and the suspenseful dread of the enemy phase were perfectly complimented by the music.

    You knew things were about to get bad when this came on:





  • IshkalIshkal Schaumburg, ILMember UncommonPosts: 258
    looks like trash
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Shadowbane, TXMember UncommonPosts: 383
    Ishkal said:
    looks like trash
    It's a mobile game. It's required to look like trash.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 20,196
    They have to advertise the point of the game as great Japanese voice actors? Are the voiceovers in English? Do they realize that this is an English-language web site and few people here speak Japanese? Considering how many foreign games have voiceovers that are not available in English, if theirs are, then it's a serious blunder not to at least mention it.
    AlmostLancelot
  • Morfo2Morfo2 LisbonMember UncommonPosts: 18
    I've talked to the Publisher team, unfortunably they're just releasing it for the US now. Europe is gonna wait a bit more =/
  • SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickMember UncommonPosts: 1,390




    Siveria said:


    So another pay2win gacha filled piece of crap bascally? Like almost all mobile games. These companies prefer mobile games because they cost like less than 10% what making a console game would and the return profit is MUCH higher due to how pay2win and gacha filled they are and how many people are stupid enough to fall for it.





    Only mobile game I currently like is Azur Lane, and thats because its not really pay2win, you get more than enough gacha rolls for free. In fact if you were to buy gems 5 US gets you 5-11 gacha rolls, where 5 US in pretty much every other mobile game gets you ONE! Not to mention the chances of SSR is 7% in Azur Lane compared to what 0.5 to 1% in most others? 2% at max? Most characters can actually be earned by clearing stages, and some characters can ONLY be gotten by doing stages like Akagi and Kaga in 3-4, they are drop only and its the only way to get them. Azur lane is more play 2 win, than pay2win with how its setup, and its the best way imo.






    I looked into this game and yes it does look to be just another mobile cash grab from an existing IP, but with a little more money put into it.



    You can't complain about gatcha and then in the next paragraph praise a game entirely based off of gatcha and say "Well you don't have to spend AS much, I get up to 11 gatcha rolls for 5 dollars!". That's insane. You did exactly what your first paragraph said, and fell for it. There's a reason Azur Lane is like the number 6 top grossing game on android right now and it's not just because it's a good game.



    Actually I was saying if you were to spend, its far better than any other gacha based game, however, azur lane gives so much stuff away daily you never feel forced to have to shell out for it. In general using gems to buy the wisdom cubes is a poor use of gems, as they give away a ton of them via daily/weekly quests.

    Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

    A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

    or

    B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

    Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

  • SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickMember UncommonPosts: 1,390

    Quizzical said:

    They have to advertise the point of the game as great Japanese voice actors? Are the voiceovers in English? Do they realize that this is an English-language web site and few people here speak Japanese? Considering how many foreign games have voiceovers that are not available in English, if theirs are, then it's a serious blunder not to at least mention it.



    I'd rather japanese VA that sounds good over english va that sounds godaweful and doesn't match the character at all, even if I can't fully understand the japanese voice overs. Besides you play enough games with japanese voice acting you start to learn some of the more commonly used lines.

    99 times out of 100, the Japanese voice track is far superior to the english, in terms of actual acting, and fitting into their role. I can't even name 5 instances where i'd consider the english dub better than the orignal.
    Dragnelus

    Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

    A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

    or

    B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

    Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

  • DragnelusDragnelus UtrechtMember EpicPosts: 2,712
    Siveria said:

    Quizzical said:

    They have to advertise the point of the game as great Japanese voice actors? Are the voiceovers in English? Do they realize that this is an English-language web site and few people here speak Japanese? Considering how many foreign games have voiceovers that are not available in English, if theirs are, then it's a serious blunder not to at least mention it.



    I'd rather japanese VA that sounds good over english va that sounds godaweful and doesn't match the character at all, even if I can't fully understand the japanese voice overs. Besides you play enough games with japanese voice acting you start to learn some of the more commonly used lines.

    99 times out of 100, the Japanese voice track is far superior to the english, in terms of actual acting, and fitting into their role. I can't even name 5 instances where i'd consider the english dub better than the orignal.
    I agree, sub > dub.

  • DragnelusDragnelus UtrechtMember EpicPosts: 2,712

    Morfo2 said:

    I've talked to the Publisher team, unfortunably they're just releasing it for the US now. Europe is gonna wait a bit more =/



    Just download the apk on android..

  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 15,410



    Tiamat64 said:

    Langrisser has tactical strategical gameplay and was one of them was of my favorite tactics games I ever played and instead they advertise it here as having great music and voice acting.

    Shaking my head...


    The music was the most memorable part of Warsong.

    The soaring hope of the player's phase, and the suspenseful dread of the enemy phase were perfectly complimented by the music.

    You knew things were about to get bad when this came on:








    When i first discovered Warsong i played it everyday for a very long time .
    Sadly now over the years we expect as we should a much better effort.The thing is that back in the early days of gaming,those were solid efforts by developers.IMO Langrisser 2 is a lot better than Warsong but both are basically the same.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 20,196
    Siveria said:

    Quizzical said:

    They have to advertise the point of the game as great Japanese voice actors? Are the voiceovers in English? Do they realize that this is an English-language web site and few people here speak Japanese? Considering how many foreign games have voiceovers that are not available in English, if theirs are, then it's a serious blunder not to at least mention it.



    I'd rather japanese VA that sounds good over english va that sounds godaweful and doesn't match the character at all, even if I can't fully understand the japanese voice overs. Besides you play enough games with japanese voice acting you start to learn some of the more commonly used lines.

    99 times out of 100, the Japanese voice track is far superior to the english, in terms of actual acting, and fitting into their role. I can't even name 5 instances where i'd consider the english dub better than the orignal.
    While I'm not a fan of bad voiceovers in English (or in any other language), is it really so unreasonable to think that if the best reason a company can give me to try a game is that it has voiceovers in a language that I don't even understand, that's really pathetic?
  • M.D.33M.D.33 BerlinMember UncommonPosts: 47

    Dragnelus said:



    Morfo2 said:


    I've talked to the Publisher team, unfortunably they're just releasing it for the US now. Europe is gonna wait a bit more =/






    Just download the apk on android..



    That is a wrong information, its releasing in almost every country in EU on the same day as US!
  • oreal52oreal52 KøbenhavnMember UncommonPosts: 78
    Can we catch a break from these nonsense autoplay pay to win gatcha games ?
    Makes me wanna puke. These are not games. Games are supposed to have a fun value and a level of challange. Autoplay takes away the fun , game design and cash shop takes away the (fair) challlange.
  • MendelMendel Marietta, GAMember EpicPosts: 2,760
    Voice acting and music?  Those are the least of things I look for in a game.  And it's a mobile game?  Even if I was remotely interested in the game, that alone is a hard pass.



    Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus LondonMember EpicPosts: 2,529
    Guys shhhh, let's pretend we like mobile games. It's sponsored. It's either this or removing your ad blockers.

    Ah yes great game. Does it work on landline phones?  :/
    QuizzicalTacticalZombehPhaserlightAsch126
    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: One Second from One Second (1997) by Paradise Lost
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro. 
    • Adopted @Kyleran as my virtual father - I put him in my signature since he worries about me all the time and this way he can keep track of me when I talk to strangers here!
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Currently Playing: Spider-Man: Turf Wars / The Division farewell tour / Grim Fandango Remastered / Aven Colony
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember EpicPosts: 9,610
    edited January 20
    I'll pass on mobile.

    I'll be getting the Langrisser 1 and 2 bundle that's coming this year to PS4 and Switch. I wish it was a complete collection instead of just 1 and 2.

    Great classic series from the 90's.

    I hope we get more Growlanser as well (not mobile) which is the successor of Langrisser by the original devs but published by Atlus.
    Post edited by rojoArcueid on




  • Asch126Asch126 BayamonMember UncommonPosts: 399


    I'll pass on mobile.

    I'll be getting the Langrisser 1 and 2 bundle that's coming this year to PS4 and Switch. I wish it was a complete collection instead of just 1 and 2.

    Great classic series from the 90's.

    I hope we get more Growlanser as well (not mobile) which is the successor of Langrisser by the original devs but published by Atlus.



    Really wish we got both the first and last Growlansers as well.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLMember EpicPosts: 2,709
    I'll pass on mobile.

    I'll be getting the Langrisser 1 and 2 bundle that's coming this year to PS4 and Switch. I wish it was a complete collection instead of just 1 and 2.

    Great classic series from the 90's.

    I hope we get more Growlanser as well (not mobile) which is the successor of Langrisser by the original devs but published by Atlus.
    Vendetta Online, Angry Birds, and Ingress all get plenty of play time on my phone.

    ...but this kind of advertising (thread) gives mobile a bad rap.

    "The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 131 missions in Vendetta Online

  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished USA #1, ILMember UncommonPosts: 227
    nothing major sets this game apart other than the amount of $ they paid out to streamers, youtubers, and gaming news websites -- for marketing.
    Scot
Sign In or Register to comment.