Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlas Devs Roll PvP Server Back 5+ Hours After Admin's Steam Account Compromised - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAtlas Devs Roll PvP Server Back 5+ Hours After Admin's Steam Account Compromised - MMORPG.com

The Atlas Twitter and forum has just been updated with the news that North American Official PvP Network has been rolled back five and a half hours. The rollback happened due to one admin's Steam being "compromised and used to cause some devastation" on the server.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited January 2019
    Lol, shit happens to admin rollback, screw up ship of damned make them machine gun sink peoples ships that took weeks to build roll back nope lol.

Will some please just make PotBS 2 already?
    SamhaelPhryAlmostLancelot
  • AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    This company is shit and so are their games. Nuff said.
    AeanderScellowgastovski1Scotty787dinogn
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Early access,  all progress is subject to being wiped.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Kyleran said:
    Early access,  all progress is subject to being wiped.
    If that was the case they should have wiped servers when connection problems were dealt with so that it wasnt only the lucky ones able to connect able to go around and claim everything with 30 minute flags. Now to try to take any claims its a 5 hour flag that gets 30 minutes added everytime anyone runs through contested area irregardless of them being in the contested claims company.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    LOL! GG.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    now THAT is some PvP.
    bcbullyAsheram
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    PvP server? Does that mean there are PvE servers?
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    This was not caused by a hack, third party program, or exploit.

"Dude, I totally dropped all the passwords for Steam in the Uber I took over here, but there's NO WAY the driver or his passengers play this game. No worries"
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Complete failure. PERFECT opportunity to wipe servers completely and start fresh. But since they still dont have a clue what direction theyre going to go in it wouldn't have made sense to them to wipe servers I guess. Except that its early access and the game is failing miserably and populations are tanking.

They didnt top 30K players in the past 24 hours and yesterday they barely broke 30K. Theyre just a little more than 50% of their all time high less than a month in. We all know MMOs lose a lot of people after the firts month but that was back when they were pretty much all sub based and everyone got the first month free with box price. Atlas is free to play after you pay for it (buy to play) so losing that many that fast says a lot. As does the fact that the overall number of players was minuscule compared to any other 'mainstream' MMOs that have ever been released.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Omg I would have paid good money to be in game when the “Devastation” was going on.

Please someone any vids?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited January 2019
    Delete
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    bcbully said:
    Omg I would have paid good money to be in game when the “Devastation” was going on.

Please someone any vids?
    Here's a brief nugget of a perfectly normal dive bomber 'sploding next to a ship.

https://clips.twitch.tv/OriginalSolidNuggetsVoHiYo?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url
    [Deleted User]etlarAsheram
  • VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177
    edited January 2019

Asheram said:

Will some please just make PotBS 2 already?

Naval Action, but it kinda failed at it.
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    this game isn't a botfeast now?
    Phry
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Lets hope they don't use 87654321 instead of 12345678 next time! :p
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Hacking still going on most of the streamers are now all on private servers.
    Kyleran