Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem: 10 Minutes of Hidden Depths Gameplay - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 3,129
edited January 17 in Videos Discussion

imageAnthem: 10 Minutes of Hidden Depths Gameplay - MMORPG.com

The latest Anthem video showcases gameplay as seen through story missions in an area called Hidden Depths. The mission requires the Javelin team to head underwater to get to the quest waypoint. The mission requires the team to complete a puzzle cooperatively in order to progress and features a new type of insect-like enemies.

Read the full story here


Comments

  • MensurMensur Member RarePosts: 842
    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?
    JeroKaneBakgrindMaurgrimRain_DeathravennatpickOG_ZorvanArskaaaValdheim

    “Do not be so open-minded that your brains fall out.”


    ― G.K. Chesterton
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,560
    I think a lot of people aren't feeling it, out of skepticism. I like the look and ideas presented and will gladly try it out. Thanks EA Access! :dizzy:
    ConstantineMerusMrMelGibsonOctagon7711

    Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

    My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,438
    Mensur said:
    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?
    Nope. I find the gameplay bland. I can fall sleep watching their videos.
    Rain_DeathravennatpickArskaaaValdheim
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,019
    edited January 17
    Mensur said:
    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?
    No matter how hard I try, I can never get into Warframe. I like the premise, but just not the execution. I'm hoping this will better suit my tastes. It looks like fun, if I get a couple months of entertainment with it. My money will be well spent.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,691
    Nyctelios said:
    Mensur said:
    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?
    Nope. I find the gameplay bland. I can fall sleep watching their videos.
    I can fall sleep watching a group of naked supermodels making out and chanting my name.

    True story. 
    mmolouSBFordNycteliosblastermasterMrMelGibsonXarkoTacticalZombeh
    Constantine, The Console Poster

    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: Blackfield by Blackfield from Blackfield (2005)
    • Currently Playing: Devil May Cry 1
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126
    Nyctelios said:
    Mensur said:
    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?
    Nope. I find the gameplay bland. I can fall sleep watching their videos.
    I can fall sleep watching a group of naked supermodels making out and chanting my name.

    True story. 
    I really wanted to WTF this but went with LOL instead. <3

    As for Anthem....it just doesn't do much for me but I'll be trying the demo when it's out publicly. 
    ConstantineMerusNycteliosOctagon7711


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,438
    SBFord said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Mensur said:
    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?
    Nope. I find the gameplay bland. I can fall sleep watching their videos.
    I can fall sleep watching a group of naked supermodels making out and chanting my name.

    True story. 
    I really wanted to WTF this but went with LOL instead. <3

    As for Anthem....it just doesn't do much for me but I'll be trying the demo when it's out publicly. 
    I think this is trying to match with Warframe and Destiny... but it is taking Destiny boring features and leaving Warframe excitind features off the table.

    I think it's more engaging to be a space ninja samurai alien mecha thing dashing and making awesome wall jumps than a mecha... flying... and shooting what seems to be brain dead AI (destiny inspired).

    But, oh lord, I want them to prove me wrong.
    SBFordValdheim
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,211
    I have no feelings about this game it looks pretty but way to generic and on rails.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 655
    It looks pretty cool however my main concern is how the game will be monetized "after" launch once all the reviews have been done. I have zero faith in EA these days.
    TacticalZombeh
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,619
    Looks fun to me.
    DirtyDozen
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,911
    I keep waiting for something in this barrage of IGN exclusives to grab me and make me think "this I want to play" but I keep seeing the same pretty but shallow shooter.
    Valdheim
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,767
    As a shooter fan I have high hopes, as I also have a brain it gets no money before the reviews. :)
    Octagon7711TacticalZombeh

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,113
    It looks fun tbh.
    I'll be trying before buying though.

    Any idea when the demo will be public?

    ..Cake..

  • ThaneThane Member RarePosts: 3,426

    Mensur said:

    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?



    hypes are overhyped!

    looks like a sci fi division, ler's hope they wont do similiar mistakes.
    but to be fair, those mechs with beanies.... <3

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 265
    edited January 17
    tested the game in alpha,will not be buying it,not sure if i can say anymore so will leave it at that.oh and btw that dudes voice in the video does not match his character one bit.
  • KappadonnaKappadonna Member UncommonPosts: 94

    Mensur said:

    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?



    I have to say that this game has the WORST forum/comment chatter of any game I've seen recently except Fallout 76. I think Bioware and EA are going to take another hard loss here. ME Andromeda had Bioware stumbling on the ropes. They will be on their back for the 10 count if this sinks.

  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136




    Mensur said:


    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?






    I have to say that this game has the WORST forum/comment chatter of any game I've seen recently except Fallout 76. I think Bioware and EA are going to take another hard loss here. ME Andromeda had Bioware stumbling on the ropes. They will be on their back for the 10 count if this sinks.






    Well, EA did this to themselves. But the indecency is not that they are trashing EA. It's that they are hypocritical. They praise Ubisoft even though they are just as bad, and Acti-Novision is far worse.
    Pher0ciousMr.Gutsy
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 233




    Mensur said:


    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?






    I have to say that this game has the WORST forum/comment chatter of any game I've seen recently except Fallout 76. I think Bioware and EA are going to take another hard loss here. ME Andromeda had Bioware stumbling on the ropes. They will be on their back for the 10 count if this sinks.






    Well EA owns some blame for this but overall your comment is a reflection of the forum itself. I see the same bunch of cynics weighing in on these games day after day. Do you people actually play any games for fun or just so you can rip them apart on various forums? Some of you really need to find another hobby.....
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,438
    cmacq said:




    Mensur said:


    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?






    I have to say that this game has the WORST forum/comment chatter of any game I've seen recently except Fallout 76. I think Bioware and EA are going to take another hard loss here. ME Andromeda had Bioware stumbling on the ropes. They will be on their back for the 10 count if this sinks.






    Well EA owns some blame for this but overall your comment is a reflection of the forum itself. I see the same bunch of cynics weighing in on these games day after day. Do you people actually play any games for fun or just so you can rip them apart on various forums? Some of you really need to find another hobby.....
    Oh boy, been a long time since the last guy that came to a forum for discussion about games and game related things in a thread about a trailer of gameplay to show if  the game is worth or if it is what you are expecting and told us we are just evil people for daring to talk about it.

    How about they make something exciting so people can be excited because the thing looks exciting?

    I had my share of generic action third person something that uses the same mission template ad nauseam, so, pretty please, forgive my transgression, oh, overlord.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,839
    edited January 17
    I've been watching a lot of streamers talking about different aspects of this game and so far, it still feels like a clone of two previously mentioned games.  

    Fixed number of set slots for weapons and abilities.  Can't utilize anything that drops right away until you return to base to reconfigure loadout or craft needed items.  Only interaction I've seen with other players is running missions, guild, and friends lists.  Even when they say items are needed to extend flight times, leads me to think they will be very short at first and that most videos are being made to downplay this aspect.

    It will all come down to the demos and trials and hopefully they will be open enough to get a decent feel for the game.  I'm starting to think about waiting a year until the bugs are worked out.  No one is talking about any bugs which could be a red flag.  I can't remember the last time a game launched with zero problems to be patched over time.
    Post edited by Octagon7711 on

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Nyctelios said:
    cmacq said:




    Mensur said:


    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?






    I have to say that this game has the WORST forum/comment chatter of any game I've seen recently except Fallout 76. I think Bioware and EA are going to take another hard loss here. ME Andromeda had Bioware stumbling on the ropes. They will be on their back for the 10 count if this sinks.






    Well EA owns some blame for this but overall your comment is a reflection of the forum itself. I see the same bunch of cynics weighing in on these games day after day. Do you people actually play any games for fun or just so you can rip them apart on various forums? Some of you really need to find another hobby.....
    Oh boy, been a long time since the last guy that came to a forum for discussion about games and game related things in a thread about a trailer of gameplay to show if  the game is worth or if it is what you are expecting and told us we are just evil people for daring to talk about it.

    How about they make something exciting so people can be excited because the thing looks exciting?

    I had my share of generic action third person something that uses the same mission template ad nauseam, so, pretty please, forgive my transgression, oh, overlord.
    Surely you jest? You don't come to discuss, you come looking to trash. Some of you are so damn jaded you wouldn't know a good game if it bit you, oh overlord
    Nyctelios
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,438
    cmacq said:
    Nyctelios said:
    cmacq said:




    Mensur said:


    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?






    I have to say that this game has the WORST forum/comment chatter of any game I've seen recently except Fallout 76. I think Bioware and EA are going to take another hard loss here. ME Andromeda had Bioware stumbling on the ropes. They will be on their back for the 10 count if this sinks.






    Well EA owns some blame for this but overall your comment is a reflection of the forum itself. I see the same bunch of cynics weighing in on these games day after day. Do you people actually play any games for fun or just so you can rip them apart on various forums? Some of you really need to find another hobby.....
    Oh boy, been a long time since the last guy that came to a forum for discussion about games and game related things in a thread about a trailer of gameplay to show if  the game is worth or if it is what you are expecting and told us we are just evil people for daring to talk about it.

    How about they make something exciting so people can be excited because the thing looks exciting?

    I had my share of generic action third person something that uses the same mission template ad nauseam, so, pretty please, forgive my transgression, oh, overlord.
    Surely you jest? You don't come to discuss, you come looking to trash. Some of you are so damn jaded you wouldn't know a good game if it bit you, oh overlord
    Not going take the bait, mate. They shown nothing new to the genre. The AI of all their videos just sit there eating bullets.

    So, yeah. Boring.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Nyctelios said:
    cmacq said:
    Nyctelios said:
    cmacq said:




    Mensur said:


    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?






    I have to say that this game has the WORST forum/comment chatter of any game I've seen recently except Fallout 76. I think Bioware and EA are going to take another hard loss here. ME Andromeda had Bioware stumbling on the ropes. They will be on their back for the 10 count if this sinks.






    Well EA owns some blame for this but overall your comment is a reflection of the forum itself. I see the same bunch of cynics weighing in on these games day after day. Do you people actually play any games for fun or just so you can rip them apart on various forums? Some of you really need to find another hobby.....
    Oh boy, been a long time since the last guy that came to a forum for discussion about games and game related things in a thread about a trailer of gameplay to show if  the game is worth or if it is what you are expecting and told us we are just evil people for daring to talk about it.

    How about they make something exciting so people can be excited because the thing looks exciting?

    I had my share of generic action third person something that uses the same mission template ad nauseam, so, pretty please, forgive my transgression, oh, overlord.
    Surely you jest? You don't come to discuss, you come looking to trash. Some of you are so damn jaded you wouldn't know a good game if it bit you, oh overlord
    Not going take the bait, mate. They shown nothing new to the genre. The AI of all their videos just sit there eating bullets.

    So, yeah. Boring.
    Honestly I'm not trying to troll you. I just read a lot of the threads on this forum and I see so little that's positive. I mentioned in another thread that if I went by this forum's recommendations, I'd never play another game again. Could it be for a lot of you that it's all been done before? I really don't know what you're expecting but in today's market it well may not exist.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,839
    Disappointment carries over from Andromeda which makes me overly cautious about their next release.  Just as my enjoyment of Division 1 carries over to Division 2 which makes me overly optimistic. Just as disappointment over Watchdogs made me cautious about Watchdogs 2.

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Sign In or Register to comment.