Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Art Style: Best Maps

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
Which game has the best maps, in terms of aesthetics? Tamriel? Azeroth? Another world?

It can be an mmorpg or rpg. How important are maps in creating the feel of the world and immersion?

I'm working on a historical writing project and I'd like to discover some artists who've drawn nice maps, in case anyone has any ideas.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Do you mean how good the game world looks without any characters?  Or what appears if you press M to bring up the world map?
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Quizzical said:
    Do you mean how good the game world looks without any characters?  Or what appears if you press M to bring up the world map?
    When you press M. I'm asking about fantasy cartography.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I only now realized I have never paid any attention to any artistic features of in game maps. Next time I play I will look.
    Scot

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    l2 maps are one of the best, archeage was interesting
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Thunderhead Pass from the last LS Chapter in GW2 is an amazing piece of design and artistry. It is what other maps should have been like in the game.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I like maps that look like they are authentic to the life and times of the game.
    d_20

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited January 2019
    BDO hands down.