Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I Want from ESO’s Next Chapter

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 31,700
edited January 11 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhat I Want from ESO’s Next Chapter

Well, thanks to some enthusiastic data miners, the cat (literally) is out of the bag and next week’s big Elder Scrolls Online reveal is going to be an expansion set in Elsweyr, the home of the Khajiit. As evidenced by a package I received this week from none other than Abnur Tharn, it seems the Imperial mage may have some ideas on how to end the Three Banners War and bring about peace to Tamriel... but I’m betting it won’t be that simple.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

YashaX

Comments

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Say what you will about this update but ive been waiting on Necromancer since Beta
    ZenJellyTacticalZombehvanitycorpse
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Necromancer -> exciting!
    ESO Combat/Animation Canceling -> so painful!
    There is a lot I love about this game but the combat reminds me why I can't play for more than  a few hours before wondering wtf?
    Deadrites87Octagon7711gastovski1sythraelZenJellyborghive49GilcroixViper482
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 5,586
    edited January 11
    A Time Break was to me the obvious way to do Dragons and keep to the Lore. What they have always done in previous games:

From the link to the UESPWiki:

A Dragon Break is a phenomenon where linear time is broken, and becomes non-linear. The "Dragon" refers to Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time. A Dragon Break not only precedes significant changes in Tamriel, but challenges mortal comprehension. It is a re-alignment of time and space in response to an event which makes the normal continuity of reality impossible. The chaos which ensues is a refrain of the chaos of the Dawn Era. The area that is noticeably affected, and length of the interval measured in the areas not apparently affected, varies with each Dragon Break. Historically, the cause is often attributed to mortals manipulating divine matters

Bring it on!
    Octagon7711
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 6,580
    I dont think there is a thing they can do to fix this game. It just isn't very good.
    MikehaDeadrites87IselinBlueThunderBearSetzergastovski1HermodZenJellyHell26borghive49and 7 others.
  • Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    edited January 11
    Where is original classes from TES games... ? Seems like no hope for them...
    Hell26
  • MisterZebubMisterZebub Member EpicPosts: 3,174
    edited January 11
    So what is Elsweyr a giant cat box? "This one welcomes you to Elsweyr, watch one's step please." "Oooh that's a shame, Khajit has boot scraper if you have coin."

And a new class? Might actually bring me back if it doesn't suck. Or they don't nerf it to pieces like they did the Warden.

“I was, in days gone by, a believer. But, alas, I came to this beleaguered land and the God in me just … evaporated. Let us change our toast, then, to the God that has forgotten us.”

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 336
    necromancer that is acctually abit gritty and dark.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,939
    I've been playing quite casually. Almost have my first level 50 (Argonian Templar). Skipped the main storyline, have completed Orsinium and Morrowind main stories, just started Murkmire yesterday.

If I stay subbed for a while into the veteran game, might end up purchasing Summerset and we'll see what this new expac brings! Never been a big fan of Necromancer classes, typically the opposite (hence Templar).

Feels like the game could use some more open-world events like the Anchors. I've been a big fan of public quests / open world events since WAR, and whatever implementation - like events in Destiny or event chains in GW2 or whatever FFXIV calls them...

Such an MMO-specific feature, bring players together randomly in the open world to work together to accomplish a goal - all MMO games need more of this, IMO.
    borghive49ReverielleYashaXvanitycorpse
    syltmacka said:
    necromancer that is acctually abit gritty and dark.
    Oh come now, that's all necromancers. Why does nobody try to make a fun necromancer? You know, one who acts like a party clown and makes reanimated corpses create balloon animals from their own intestines or something?
    laseritsyltmackaNarobeTacticalZombehvanitycorpseOctagon7711

“I was, in days gone by, a believer. But, alas, I came to this beleaguered land and the God in me just … evaporated. Let us change our toast, then, to the God that has forgotten us.”

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 25,884

I dont think there is a thing they can do to fix this game. It just isn't very good.

I would say it is a good game.

I would also say, that for my taste, it's not a good Elder Scrolls game.
    MisterZebubOctagon7711gastovski1BlueThunderBearHariken

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I'm going to give the necromancer a whirl for sure. Very excited.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 5,586

BadSpock said:

I've been playing quite casually. Almost have my first level 50 (Argonian Templar). Skipped the main storyline, have completed Orsinium and Morrowind main stories, just started Murkmire yesterday.

If I stay subbed for a while into the veteran game, might end up purchasing Summerset and we'll see what this new expac brings! Never been a big fan of Necromancer classes, typically the opposite (hence Templar).

Feels like the game could use some more open-world events like the Anchors. I've been a big fan of public quests / open world events since WAR, and whatever implementation - like events in Destiny or event chains in GW2 or whatever FFXIV calls them...

Such an MMO-specific feature, bring players together randomly in the open world to work together to accomplish a goal - all MMO games need more of this, IMO.

The epic storyline - not the various alliance main story lines - is well worth doing with some excellent voice acting.

Also have you found the public dungeons - one in each zone? When it first launched you almost inevitably ended up at the one in each of the 3 starter zones - not guaranteed these days though and the Orsinium one is somewhat "out of the way" and you may not even realise it is a public dungeon. Almost comes across as a zone in its own right given the size of it.

There are also world bosses dotted around as well. Some can be soloed with a sufficiently "developed characters"; others are harder; Imperial City has some interesting ones but there is also the PvP "risk" of course.
  • Deadrites87Deadrites87 Member UncommonPosts: 81
    edited January 11
    no lag in cryodiil, run the game higher than 45-60 fps when 1 tree and 1 player comes on my screen, update to the combat. One can only dream.
    Warhawke80ZenJelly
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 3,977
    I want something added that makes me want to log in and play...
    ZenJellyReverielleRain_DeathravenHariken
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,060
    And yet there seems to be something about ESO that attracts you. I don't think I have ever seen an ESO thread in these forums that doesn't have the same post from you about how you don't like it.

Anyway back to this topic...

I sure hope that if they implement a new system they don't screw it up as badly as they screwed up jewelry crafting last year. The ridiculous tenfold quality improving mats requirement compared to any other gear craft (later reduced to 5X) was something that could only be designed and signed off on by developers totally out of touch with the reality of playing the game.

More systems... sure. But only if they do it right.
    gervaise1TillerSaunZborghive49YashaX
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • NaitakalNaitakal Member UncommonPosts: 31

GrandpaDJ said:

ESO Combat/Animation Canceling -> so painful!

This kinda kills PvP in ESO for me too. It's just ridiculous.

Deadrites87ZenJellyborghive49Viper482
  • boris20boris20 Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Something that would make me consider playing the game - get rid of animation cancelling. Such a cheesy thing to be in a game. Ruins combat for me. Otherwise I could have alot of fun in this game. 
    ZenJellyborghive49
  • ElidienElidien Member RarePosts: 1,336
    I love the game and enjoying it a lot. I recently made some changes with how I approach that helped.

I explored the classes and found the one that fits my playstyle. A stamina based templar has the skills I like and play how I want with a combination of range and melee. I also have 4 level 50s and 400+ champion points so lots of trial and error.

So I switched my main to be a crafter and consolidated all crafting on him. He is level 50 in everything but alchemy, enchanting and jewelrycrafting. That helped a lot with enjoying crafting and I like it the most since my SWG days (doesnt compare but still fun).

What I want is three-fold:

1. Less loot boxes. Just tired of them and their randomness. Maybe at least guarantee a rare in each?

2. Smaller more affordable homes. Most homes that have come out are like 10,000+ crowns. I want smaller homes. Also in a variety of climates.

3. One or two more buttons on the hotbar. It feels so limiting and so many times I want to put one more skill on it. I know it won't happen but it would be awesome.
    BillMurphySovrath
  • Warhawke80Warhawke80 Member UncommonPosts: 141
    End the stupid war and take siege PVP out back and cut it's throat. Keep and improve upon arena PVP and turn the giant wasted area of Cyrodil into a PVE quest hub.
    SlyLoKZenJellyYashaXHariken
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member EpicPosts: 8,400
    Looking forward to making a Necro.  Was gonna make a Khajiit, Necro, Vamp but undead Khajiit fur looks horrible in this game, it's like a pale gray... yuck.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Looking forward to making a Necro.  Was gonna make a Khajiit, Necro, Vamp but undead Khajiit fur looks horrible in this game, it's like a pale gray... yuck.
    Make a redguard with the darkest skin tone. Full blown vamp looks hilarious.
    Octagon7711

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,517
    I want some kind of dynamic event system or randomised dungeons... or a proper full sized expansion. I think they are the only things that will bring me back.

I did just about everything in ESO up until I stopped playing; mastered maelstrom, completed every map, did every dungeon, not too bothered about raids but did some.. it was a lot of content.. but when it's over there's nothing to do. Not really any loot to hunt for either. I don't fancy coming back for these smallish 'episodes' that'll probably last a week until there's nothing to do again.

If they added a way to get store points through gameplay I'd probably subscribe and play again. Getting everything from the store is at least a solid goal to aim for, even if it's a massive grind. No way I'm paying those stupid prices though, it needs to be part of the game and I'll sub.

ESO is way more casual friendly than most MMOs. For more casual players it's an endless game but for someone who will sink a hell of a lot of time into their chosen game you just eventually hit a brick wall.

I'll probably go back to it in a number of years after the content has been piling up.
    Reverielle
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 455
    necromancer sounds fun... I will definitely roll one.

I have never played a necro before, in any game.

ESO is LOVE!

Sz  :)
    Truvidien88ZenJelly
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member RarePosts: 1,535
    edited January 11
    I play a pet sorc main anyway, so not sure how different an ESO necro will really be compared to one, but I'll keep an eye on it.

If they added a way to get store points through gameplay I'd probably subscribe and play again. Getting everything from the store is at least a solid goal to aim for, even if it's a massive grind. No way I'm paying those stupid prices though, it needs to be part of the game and I'll sub.

If you're subbed, it is all part of the game. You only have to buy if you don't wanna sub.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,517

OG_Zorvan said:

I play a pet sorc main anyway, so not sure how different an ESO necro will really be compared to one, but I'll keep an eye on it.

If you're subbed, it is all part of the game. You only have to buy if you don't wanna sub.

I mean the cosmetics and loot boxes, a way to earn them in-game.
    OG_Zorvan
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.