Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did you come up with your avatar/forum name and most pathetic in-game name you used?

13»

Comments

  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,357
    Maurgrim said:
    One thing that are more important are why people insisting on having numbers after the name?
    Because I am the 13th Blueturtle in a very exclusive group of blue hued turtles. 
    I keep thinking Game of Thrones:



    First of her name

    Stormborn of the Pacific Turtles

    Mother of Shelled Reptiles

    Leader of Blue


    KyleranAlBQuirky

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,444
    Kyleran said:
    I took my name from an evil wizard in the 80s version of Bards Tale 1. Unfortunately I didn't Google it first so it really should have been Kylearan I believe.

    Lame names? Many I'm sure, like my Infiltrator in DAOC, Zero, or maybe ripping off a band name a few times, using Tragically Hip in Vanguard and Tenacious D for a healer once in WOW I think. (I really liked that last one)

    These days I'm on a "religious" theme creating characters with the names Trinity and Covenant. 

    @Kyleran - man that was such a letdown, sir.  After the jokes about how "Kyle+ran away" and left his squadmates to die or something when they annoyed him, now I find it's not even related :frowning:
    KyleranAlBQuirky
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 1,760
    Lokero said:
    Kyleran said:
    I took my name from an evil wizard in the 80s version of Bards Tale 1. Unfortunately I didn't Google it first so it really should have been Kylearan I believe.

    Lame names? Many I'm sure, like my Infiltrator in DAOC, Zero, or maybe ripping off a band name a few times, using Tragically Hip in Vanguard and Tenacious D for a healer once in WOW I think. (I really liked that last one)

    These days I'm on a "religious" theme creating characters with the names Trinity and Covenant. 

    @Kyleran - man that was such a letdown, sir.  After the jokes about how "Kyle+ran away" and left his squadmates to die or something when they annoyed him, now I find it's not even related :frowning:
    I agree. Every time I see a Kyleran post, I hear "I ran ( so far away )" by Flock of Seagulls in the background.
    laseritKyleranAlBQuirky


    MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,115
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Lokero said:
    Kyleran said:
    I took my name from an evil wizard in the 80s version of Bards Tale 1. Unfortunately I didn't Google it first so it really should have been Kylearan I believe.

    Lame names? Many I'm sure, like my Infiltrator in DAOC, Zero, or maybe ripping off a band name a few times, using Tragically Hip in Vanguard and Tenacious D for a healer once in WOW I think. (I really liked that last one)

    These days I'm on a "religious" theme creating characters with the names Trinity and Covenant. 

    @Kyleran - man that was such a letdown, sir.  After the jokes about how "Kyle+ran away" and left his squadmates to die or something when they annoyed him, now I find it's not even related :frowning:
    I agree. Every time I see a Kyleran post, I hear "I ran ( so far away )" by Flock of Seagulls in the background.


    Sorry... I just had to ;)
    KyleranOG_ZorvanAlBQuirkyUngood

    "Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,112
    I've used Mendel for cRPGs since Wizardry 1 or Bard's Tale 1.  I think I chose it because the name length in many early games wasn't long enough for Chaselon, which I had used in RP games since 1975.  My first serious D&D character was Chaselon, named after an obscure alien life form Green Lantern.

    Mendel stuck for online gaming.  It's one of the names that can fit almost any cultural setting depending on the pronunciation.  It's been with me since EQ1, Rodcet Nife server.  These days, it's difficult to find it available on many online games.

    The last name, Indigestible, came from EQ1, when I couldn't manage to avoid getting eaten by cats or bears.



    AlBQuirky

    Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,233
    edited January 12
    Lokero said:
    Kyleran said:
    I took my name from an evil wizard in the 80s version of Bards Tale 1. Unfortunately I didn't Google it first so it really should have been Kylearan I believe.

    Lame names? Many I'm sure, like my Infiltrator in DAOC, Zero, or maybe ripping off a band name a few times, using Tragically Hip in Vanguard and Tenacious D for a healer once in WOW I think. (I really liked that last one)

    These days I'm on a "religious" theme creating characters with the names Trinity and Covenant. 

    @Kyleran - man that was such a letdown, sir.  After the jokes about how "Kyle+ran away" and left his squadmates to die or something when they annoyed him, now I find it's not even related :frowning:
    Funny story, I'm playing a Minstrel in early DAOC days, best hybrid ever, with hyper speed, stealth, mezzing, stuns, and buffs, every 8 man never leaves home without one, especially in PVP.

    With this great tool chest a Minstrel can almost always escape a fight while everyone else dies horribly.

    Which is exactly what I did,  whenever the battle turned south I would sprint away and stealth,  almost always surviving the fight.

    My realm mates would die, and reform at the portal keep and would have to wait while I ran back.

    Some would get quite pissy, and demand I fight to the death and respawn with them all, but it goes totally against my grain to fight a battle and not survive it.

    Unfortunately the game offered no reward for surviving a fight, only for making kills, so I understood why my teammates desired me to do so.

    I ended up joining the FFA PVP server Mordred and found the focus was more on winning the fight and holding your guilds claimed keep rather than trading keeps pointlessly (IMO) just to earn more realm points.

    It's why I ultimate ended up in EVE, PVP with a purpose, and a huge focus on not just winning fights, but surviving them as well. (Full loot and ship loss changes player's motivations entirely)






    LokeroAlBQuirkyOG_Zorvan

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,111
    edited January 12
    Hateful was the Callsign of my first Scout/Sniper platoon in the Marine Corps. So, I used that. It's just coincidence (read some of my older posts) that it fits my personality so well.

    The Icon is the Night Lords of WH40K Infamy. Their gig is creating terror wherever they go even as far as using it as a weapon to demoralize their enemies. They also follow Chaos undivided which means they are just in it or the Lulz and lootz. Much like myself.

    The worst name I ever used in any game, was in Tera, a Female Archer (I think?) named Gigglefart.
    MadFrenchieConstantineMerusAlBQuirky

    If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 5,230
    Forum Name: AlBQuirky
    Al: a shortened form of my first name (Albert/Allen/Alduin/Alphonso/Aluicious)
    B: a state of being
    Quirky: Me in a nutshell

    I came up with it on the ancient AOL message boards after going through many screen names in the late 90's.

    Avatar:
    From Baldur's Gate 2. The avatar on my machine is called "Cernd", though I have no idea who this is in the game as I have not played it for very long. I just liked his long hair and "Native American" look.

    Worst In Game Name:
    Kuhnnyng L'Yngwyst
    My level 38 Half-Elf Bard in EQ. I love Bond Films and in Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), Monneypenny says this to James, "You always were a cunning linguist." I love the play on words :)
    ConstantineMerusCryomatrixlaseritMendelUngood

    - Al

    Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

  • PpiperPpiper Member UncommonPosts: 991
    Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
    A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
    If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
    Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

    Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
    But...
    If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
    How many pickled peppers that Peter Piper picked?

    The answer is 7
    AlBQuirkyblueturtle13laserit
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,980
    Dauzqul

    I wish there was something cool about it. I literally slapped my keyboard and had gotten something like this: agdisbdjsgdauzquldbsjsb.


    CryomatrixAlBQuirky
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 2,987
    edited January 15
    This name I have used for a long time.  It was a random generation from DAoC

    I used to use Aeolian which I got from looking through the Complete Bard's Handbook for 2nd ed AD&D (it is a people and a harp)

    I used to use the name RePuBLiK back in the BBS days named after a club in Calgary

    I think the worst name I ever used was Nameless (This was stolen from the Nameless Bard from Forgotten Realms novels and I ran a guild name. . sigh. . the Harpers.  This was in the Realm

    I also used Bane. Meridian 59 . or Bane as a last name. . so Baresh Bane  (Baresh was also a random gen from WoW.)

    I have evolved into using Aethaeryn, Aethus, Aethaer. . etc. etc. or Gil. . Gilandis, Gilnor, Giladin etc.  I am an alt-aholic and this was easier on my guild

    I think the worst name was my brother using Rand.
    OG_ZorvanConstantineMerusAlBQuirky

    Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 3,875
    Used to go by Vermillion.  There a character I liked in a fighting game named Vermillion.  Didn't know it was a color.  Raventhal came along later and I just use it a s as sir name for a lot of characters. 

    My lamest name likely was Verantsucks because I couldn't get any names through EQ naming process.  Logged in and the name was changed to Verasus which is a name I still use. 

    Newest name I use is Alaris.  Character in a book.  Thought the name was pretty cool. 
    ConstantineMerusAlBQuirky
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,544
    Used to go by Vermillion.  There a character I liked in a fighting game named Vermillion.  Didn't know it was a color.  Raventhal came along later and I just use it a s as sir name for a lot of characters. 

    My lamest name likely was Verantsucks because I couldn't get any names through EQ naming process.  Logged in and the name was changed to Verasus which is a name I still use. 

    Newest name I use is Alaris.  Character in a book.  Thought the name was pretty cool. 
    The Vermillion Border in medicine is the line on the lips between the skin and the lip tissue. It is important when someone gets a laceration that crosses the vermillion border line as you need a very good plastic surgeon to suture it up so there doesn't appear to be an imperfection at that point. 

    As a health care professional, I don't trust myself to suture it well and even, so I wouldn't do it. 
    LokeroAlBQuirky
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,066
    edited January 16
    My name was a mistake I decided to keep. The avatar is simple, I simply loved this anime. 

    Cannot think of a pathetic in game name I used since mine usually lack any controversy or originality I'm afraid. I was never attached to any name and am frequently known to create one on the spot for a new game.

    Heavens to Mergatroid! I remembered something my characters in City of Heroes ...no way am I sharing those names here (what would you think of me) they were beyond pathetic, embarrassing even.
    ConstantineMerusblueturtle13AlBQuirky

  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,200
    kitarad said:
    My name was a mistake I decided to keep. The avatar is simple, I simply loved this anime. 

    Cannot think of a pathetic in game name I used since mine usually lack any controversy or originality I'm afraid. I was never attached to any name and am frequently known to create one on the spot for a new game.

    Heavens to Mergatroid! I remembered something my characters in City of Heroes ...no way am I sharing those names here (what would you think of me) they were beyond pathetic, embarrassing even.
    Umm, yeah now you gotta share!
    ConstantineMerusAlBQuirky
    --------------------------------------------
Sign In or Register to comment.