Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bungie Breaks Up with Activision, Regains Full Destiny Publication Rights - MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,422
    After doing some more reading I do agree with Suzie, it's very vague. On the other hand the first thought that popped into my mind was the same as d_20, and that an established firm wouldn't waste a bunch of money chasing the wind. It will be something to keep an eye on. Isn't there a well publicized window in which you can join?

I'm not big on this kind of litigation. I see it as making a few lawyers rich with few if any other appreciable benefits.
    parrotpholk
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• d_20d_20 SeoulMember RarePosts: 1,878
    edited January 13
    Torval said:
    After doing some more reading I do agree with Suzie, it's very vague. On the other hand the first thought that popped into my mind was the same as d_20, and that an established firm wouldn't waste a bunch of money chasing the wind. It will be something to keep an eye on. Isn't there a well publicized window in which you can join?

I'm not big on this kind of litigation. I see it as making a few lawyers rich with few if any other appreciable benefits.
    The lawyers will make their money (but mostly the partners and senior partners who have done their time toiling as associates and junior partners who are the peasants in the fields of billable hours for big firms). When we're talking about rich, lawyers still have to work for their money. Lawyers work for people who are Rich with a capital R. For them, legal fees are just a cost of doing business.

If you're rich, you probably wouldn't want to be actively practicing law or schmoozing clients, judges, etc. on your time off. Even most politicians are not capital R rich, that's why they can be bought off. 

That said, the appreciable benefits are in keeping management accountable -- and of course if the investors get share recovery or a settlement of some sort.
    Post edited by d_20 on
    Torval