Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The PC Version of The Division 2 Will be Bypassing Steam - MMORPG.com

1235»

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,052
    edited January 10
    Sovrath said:
    Why is this site shilling so hard for Epic? How much are they paying you for this shameless hype? Why isn't it clearly marked as sponsored content?

berlight said:
    I never knew there was steam fanbois. New 2019 trent
    It's not about being a Steam fanboi. It's about not wanting to be inconvenienced.

So it's ok for you to say it's not about being "Steam fanboi" and surely not being paid by Steam but this site has to be shilling if they report regular news?

Since Epic has a new service and launcher then no one should report on it?

I'm going with you and everyone who likes Steam are being paid by Valve.

Yup, totally it, couldn't possibly be anything else. Totally paid. Totally.

Personally love Steam so I'm being paid too.

If your only way of drawing business is by getting exclusive titles, then I'm just not going to buy those exclusive titles and I'm not going to move to your platform.
    So guess playing consoles is out for you with that kind of view point.

Netflix must be out as well since you cannot watch Stranger Things on Hulu or one of the other streaming services but then damn can only see Marvel Runaways on Hulu so the big streaming services must be out.  Never watch you tube because damn they have exclusives like the Karate Kid to draw people in from other services as well.

If this is the type of thing that would bother you then I salute the principals you live by and the fact you do not participate in literally anything.
    The exclusives on the one console that has them might as well never exist, as far as I'm concerned. There is nothing that will entice me to buy a proprietary machine that is going to be good for a single game.

As for the rest, between work and gaming, I don't have any free time for watching TV on any of it's forms.

As for the Epic store, I've been reading that they have changed their return policy in the past 20 hours to mirror the steam one. So that's a big improvement in that regard.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,039
    Phry said:
    sgel said:
    Phry said:
    sgel said:
    Phry said:
    sgel said:
    I'll be playing it on Uplay since I use that daily for R6:Siege.

I already have Steam/Uplay/Epic/Bnet and any other launcher needed for any game I'm playing.
    Nothing is "sucking up" my internet in the background and having a few extra shortcuts on the desktop doesn't bother me.

I can't believe how dramatic some people get.
    The Division also uses Uplay even though its on Steam, you can't avoid that, and honestly that isn't the issue because the resources used are negligible, if it affects your performance then running the game would be an issue regardless. No, this is about money and the possibility that its being done to avoid players being able to make use of Steams refund policy, which is far superior to that of Uplay's.
    Of course reducing players ability to get a refund is just 'drama' and they should just suck it up right  :p
    I got a refund from Epic 2 years after I bought UE because they changed the pricing scheme (I didn't even ask for one). With that refund I bought Paragon, which was also refunded to me when they stopped development a few years down the line (again without even asking for a refund).

So my experience with Epic's refund policy is absolutely fine. 
    I've never had to refund a steam game but I'm sure theirs is fine as well.

Those were paid for by Fortnite, but i wouldn't compare Epic games willingness to pay out for games they made themselves, with them doing the same thing for games they did not. I seriously doubt that Uplays refund policy is anything near as consumer friendly as that of Steam. ;)
    It probably isn't. That doesn't mean I won't buy a game that isn't on Steam.
    I usually try before I buy hence I'm not that worried about getting refunds.
    I really wish they would bring back free trials for games, more often than not entirely reliant on youtube videos etc. to give a more 'unbiased' and 'hype free' example of actual gameplay.
    That Steam offers a under 2 hour playing the game refund option is probably the closest we currently have to that. :/
    Yep.  Universal free trials, assuming devs don't polish it up and leave the rest shitty to trick consumers, would shift responsibility for things like broken releases and such very much back towards the consumers alone.

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Maybe valve will go back to making games?