Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New MMO Shooter Based on the 'Alien' IP is in Development at Cold Iron Studios - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 31,274

imageNew MMO Shooter Based on the 'Alien' IP is in Development at Cold Iron Studios - MMORPG.com News

It appears that FoxNext Games and Cold Iron Studios are working on a massive multiplayer online shooter based on the Alien series of games and movies. "FoxNext Games' studio, Cold Iron Studios, is also currently at work on a massively multiplayer online shooter set in the Alien cinematic universe for consoles and PC."

Read the full story here


¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


«1

Comments

  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News Manager The CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 31,274
    Well that's pretty exciting. :)
    IlayaScotOctagon7711

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


  • IlayaIlaya BochumMember UncommonPosts: 554

    SBFord said:

    Well that's pretty exciting. :)



    Indeed!!
    And tbh, THAT would be an awesome "Backround" as World to play in, IF well crafted.
    Wow, have to keep an Eye on that one for sure, even considering that my Hand-Eye Coordination isn't the best anymore in that Age. :D
    SBFord
  • ThaneThane berlinMember RarePosts: 3,141
    edited January 8
    shows us what's wrong with the gameing industry nowadays, if the "mobile" announcement was the big news, and this one a minor side note :)

    i am curious, will it feature both sides playable? and will it be pvp, or more a pve game?

    hope it will be pvp. hunting as alien always was most fun in those games, if they have enough rights and skill.... they should actually make it with 3 factions, and we all know they should :>
    Post edited by Thane on
    Scot

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • OrthelianOrthelian Barrington, RIMember UncommonPosts: 1,021
    The nature of the MMO genre doesn't seem well-suited to horror, but I'd be delighted to be surprised.
    SovrathNycteliosOctagon7711

    Favorites: EQEVETOR | Playing: None, overtaken by VR | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 ArmidaleMember UncommonPosts: 32
    Look forward to the details!... VR support!?
  • nepulasnepulas HamburgMember UncommonPosts: 201
    oh yeah boy oh yeah i m in !

    Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

    Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187


  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide SwedenMember UncommonPosts: 964
    cool.

    I had fun once, it was terrible.

  • PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 10,312
    I heard there was a new Aliens game in the offing, but it was on mobile $4.99 with microtransactions, so a bit of a joke. :/
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Dallas, TXMember RarePosts: 1,394
    Oh hell yes! Please let this be a good game.
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News Manager The CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 31,274

    Phry said:

    I heard there was a new Aliens game in the offing, but it was on mobile $4.99 with microtransactions, so a bit of a joke. :/



    There is: Aliens Blackout. This is something different. @Phry
    Phry

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


  • PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 10,312
    SBFord said:

    Phry said:

    I heard there was a new Aliens game in the offing, but it was on mobile $4.99 with microtransactions, so a bit of a joke. :/



    There is: Aliens Blackout. This is something different. @Phry
    Guess they were listening to the audience at Blizzcon after the guy on stage asked if people didn't have phones.  :p
    Octagon7711
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News Manager The CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 31,274
    Phry said:
    SBFord said:

    Phry said:

    I heard there was a new Aliens game in the offing, but it was on mobile $4.99 with microtransactions, so a bit of a joke. :/



    There is: Aliens Blackout. This is something different. @Phry
    Guess they were listening to the audience at Blizzcon after the guy on stage asked if people didn't have phones.  :p
    I think that's exactly what happened :D Apparently when they announced Blackout as a mobile game, the community came unglued. Maybe by the time the announcement was sent out in PR form, they added the last bit to soothe the savage beasts. :D
    PhryOctagon7711MrMelGibson

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


  • gervaise1gervaise1 .Member EpicPosts: 5,495
    edited January 8
    So a Disney game!
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
    Sovrath
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member RarePosts: 1,435
    When I see FoxNext the first thing that comes to mind is p2w cause of MSF. Don't really care if it's p2w as long as it's fun but just wondering if it will be.
  • PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 10,312


    Look forward to the details!... VR support!?



    I don't think i can imagine a more terrifying IP for VR.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 .Member EpicPosts: 5,495
    Thane said:
    <snip>

    i am curious, will it feature both sides playable? and will it be pvp, or more a pve game?

    <snip>
    Could be PvE initially.

    The obvious PvP off-shoot would be Aliens vs. Predators. Which with humans could become 3-way. 
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 19,689
    Cold Iron Studios is a subdivision of FoxNet games (twentieth century fox film and fox networks group)

    FoxNet already has Alien:Isolation - which is another Alien franchise game - so this would be another one to add.

    Cold Iron studios is about 30 devs - they are hiring right now - have 7 positions open including world builders, gun artist, surface artist, audio designer as well as back-end devops and infrastructure engineer spots.

    Should be plenty of devs out there to choose from (granted not all of them would ever want to work for another game company again)
    Trolldefender99TheScavengerpoorbaby
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 25,701
    edited January 8

    Orthelian said:

    The nature of the MMO genre doesn't seem well-suited to horror, but I'd be delighted to be surprised.



    It's probably more Aliens and less of the first Alien but I agree.
    Post edited by Sovrath on



  • ScorchienScorchien Hatboro, PAMember LegendaryPosts: 6,230
     They should not waste there time .. Fortnite will kill it inside 3 months ...
  • ScotScot UKMember EpicPosts: 10,080
    Well it has a massive IP going for it, but will need to get the shooter right before it worries about the MMO elements. We won't get a faction game like PS as the setting does not support that unless they do Corp V Corp. As long as we don't get another Anthem style game they have a lot of room to manoeuvre the gameplay in.

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 3,055
    DMKano said:
    Cold Iron Studios is a subdivision of FoxNet games (twentieth century fox film and fox networks group)

    FoxNet already has Alien:Isolation - which is another Alien franchise game - so this would be another one to add.

    Cold Iron studios is about 30 devs - they are hiring right now - have 7 positions open including world builders, gun artist, surface artist, audio designer as well as back-end devops and infrastructure engineer spots.

    Should be plenty of devs out there to choose from (granted not all of them would ever want to work for another game company again)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien:_Isolation

    I failed to find the information you gaive.
    - Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne UKMember EpicPosts: 4,341
    Should be pretty good... mostly.
    Groqstrong
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Jrich_cpJrich_cp Member UncommonPosts: 57
    edited January 8
    What other monsters are there besides aliens? Will they introduce just new aliens for boss’s and such?
    Post edited by Jrich_cp on
  • KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 37
    would be better with alien vs predetor
    MrMelGibson
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne UKMember EpicPosts: 4,341
    Jrich_cp said:
    What other monsters are there besides aliens? Will they introduce just new aliens for boss’s and such?
    There's tons of creatures if you've read any of the books or played the AvP games. Blood-pigs.. Fire-walkers.. clones.. Kriltics.. Louse.. Zandoids 
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Sign In or Register to comment.