Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Child Like

13»

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Ungood said:
    My question:  
    Since all mmorpg's are JUST above motor skill function.  And adults are playing them.  Obviously easy.  Are you enjoying this third generation of "combat not being the object" of the game ?    

Notice I'm not trying to belittle anyone by saying you can't handle combat made for 7 years old.  YOU KNOW I'm not saying that.... Just asking if you prefer this way.
    ya know.. most 4 - 7 year olds can play baseball as well.. and yet I am going to bet even as an adult, with such simple motions as "throw a ball" "swing a bat" and "catch a ball" and "run in a straight line" you are not really that good at it, and going to bet you are not able to do it really competitively.. and yet 4 to 7 year olds can play it, even play it competitively. 

ya know.. lifting weights, I have seen toddlers do that stuff, pick up an object and put it down and do that a few more times. Gottna bet you are not anywhere near a competitive weight lifter, even if the motions to do the task are so simple even a toddler can do them.

See, the simplicity of the motion, holds less meaning when it's done competitively.
    And right you are,
    I teach children Martial Arts (I have, we only accept adults now)
    1) They must be 5 years old
    2) all can do a full split, without even thinking
    3) unlike adults, you can string ten movements together

I asked the head instructor "how can this be ? ".  Kids minds are not full of crap, they soak information easily.

mmorpg's are made for exactly them
    Since MMORPGs are supposedly so easy even a 5 years old can play them without dying, I suggest the OP proves it to us with the following challenge.

- Roll a character in WoW, since it's a game he supposedly knows quite well.
    - Get to max level. Of course, using a boost is forbidden.
    - Post a screenshot showing the character's level and the statistic panel showing 0 deaths. Also include the panel with the kills and the one with quests completed, so we can see you didn't use any boost. We may ask more proof if in doubt (other panels).

Note that I'm not holding my breath.

Good luck.
    Ok,
    But first can I buy the "Elixir of Rapid Mind" in the cash shop for $19.99 ?

That should make it A LOT easer.  Than God for cash shops :) 

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    Ungood said:
    My question:  
    Since all mmorpg's are JUST above motor skill function.  And adults are playing them.  Obviously easy.  Are you enjoying this third generation of "combat not being the object" of the game ?    

Notice I'm not trying to belittle anyone by saying you can't handle combat made for 7 years old.  YOU KNOW I'm not saying that.... Just asking if you prefer this way.
    ya know.. most 4 - 7 year olds can play baseball as well.. and yet I am going to bet even as an adult, with such simple motions as "throw a ball" "swing a bat" and "catch a ball" and "run in a straight line" you are not really that good at it, and going to bet you are not able to do it really competitively.. and yet 4 to 7 year olds can play it, even play it competitively. 

ya know.. lifting weights, I have seen toddlers do that stuff, pick up an object and put it down and do that a few more times. Gottna bet you are not anywhere near a competitive weight lifter, even if the motions to do the task are so simple even a toddler can do them.

See, the simplicity of the motion, holds less meaning when it's done competitively.
    And right you are,
    I teach children Martial Arts (I have, we only accept adults now)
    1) They must be 5 years old
    2) all can do a full split, without even thinking
    3) unlike adults, you can string ten movements together

I asked the head instructor "how can this be ? ".  Kids minds are not full of crap, they soak information easily.

mmorpg's are made for exactly them
    If your point of this was to explain that children have better manual dexterity, memory muscle, and the ability to learn things faster than adults.. then I suppose I should never feel bad about playing games designed for that demographic.
    immodium[Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Scot said:
    Ungood said:
    My question:  

We have to be carful or those amazing children will take over the world. :)
    They gonna take over the world...

They have the rage technique mastered.. as well.

Scot
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    btdt said:

BUT, and I'll stress this people on average don't carry guns.  
    Hehe, just goes to prove how out of touch you really are.

My sister-in-law carries a taser and a gun.  She's not a gun rights advocate, in fact she is a God fearing woman.  You'd never suspect in a thousand years that she has them.

Then you have my co-worker who thinks an AK-47 is a target rifle.  Another non-gun rights advocate.  Sweetest guy you'd ever meet.  He just likes automatic weapons in the same way someone likes fast cars.

These are average people from everyday life.  I don't know how many people own guns, but I certainly would never assume someone with a gun is a nut case waiting to happen. 

A noveist with a gun is dangerous. 

<A quite from Law and Order>
    Most people get their gun taken away from them !

Sounds like the sister-in-law and the co-worker may fall into this category.

Having the guts to do whats necessary, gun or no gun is few and far between this day and age.
    There you go making assumptions again. 

Remember, the word starts with ass for a reason.
    btdt said:
    btdt said:

BUT, and I'll stress this people on average don't carry guns.  
    Hehe, just goes to prove how out of touch you really are.

My sister-in-law carries a taser and a gun.  She's not a gun rights advocate, in fact she is a God fearing woman.  You'd never suspect in a thousand years that she has them.

Then you have my co-worker who thinks an AK-47 is a target rifle.  Another non-gun rights advocate.  Sweetest guy you'd ever meet.  He just likes automatic weapons in the same way someone likes fast cars.

These are average people from everyday life.  I don't know how many people own guns, but I certainly would never assume someone with a gun is a nut case waiting to happen. 

A noveist with a gun is dangerous. 

<A quite from Law and Order>
    Most people get their gun taken away from them !

Sounds like the sister-in-law and the co-worker may fall into this category.

Having the guts to do whats necessary, gun or no gun is few and far between this day and age.
    There you go making assumptions again. 

Remember, the word starts with ass for a reason.
    Sweetest guy and guns don't mix   :*
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited January 2019
    Xasapis said:
    I thought they change it to facilitate transition to controller based combat. The only mmorpg that still maintains a big amount of skills and is also playable by a controller is Final Fantasy Online.
    I totally agree , combat has been significantly streamlined and simplified for controllers, and most all PC games are victims of these new mechanics.  I also agree with the OP and would argue that as more developers emerge they are simply a product of their environment. These are kids that grew up on controllers, grew up on combat centered around controllers, so they design their own systems in that vein.  Those of us that remember deep complex combat mechanics and strategies really notice a difference.  Now days combat depth is measured by chaining together left right left up down left right button spamming creating "combo chains".  Not selecting from say 20 unique skills to be used at the correct moment.

In other words you can teach a monkey to hit the same 5 keys in a row for a reward, but you cant teach him to hit 5 different buttons every time based on real-time feedback from the battle environment.  I think that's what the OP means by childlike.
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,600
    So where's the video showing off the OP's superior video game skill?

If you guys think games are so easy.  Would like to see some video of it.
    AAAMEOW said:

See, I don't get it ?
    Games are so child like a 4 to 7 year old could play play them. 
    Sure this could be a players style.  To each their own.

But because I'm calling games like they are, people assume I think I'm a great player.... What does my skill have to do with anything ?
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Amathe
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    AAAMEOW said:

See, I don't get it ?

But because I'm calling games like they are, people assume I think I'm a great player.... What does my skill have to do with anything ?
    It means you are getting owned by 4 year olds... 
    Kylerandelete5230[Deleted User]

AAAMEOW said:

See, I don't get it ?

I'd like to see your time in dark soul 3 no hit taken speed run.  Or pvp profile in any mmorpg.
    [Deleted User]
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Since MMORPGs are supposedly so easy even a 5 years old can play them without dying, I suggest the OP proves it to us with the following challenge.

- Roll a character in WoW, since it's a game he supposedly knows quite well.
    - Get to max level. Of course, using a boost is forbidden.
    - Post a screenshot showing the character's level and the statistic panel showing 0 deaths. Also include the panel with the kills and the one with quests completed, so we can see you didn't use any boost. We may ask more proof if in doubt (other panels).

Note that I'm not holding my breath.

Good luck.
    Ok,
    But first can I buy the "Elixir of Rapid Mind" in the cash shop for $19.99 ?

That should make it A LOT easer.  Than God for cash shops :) 

Unless you are sarcastic that does not exist.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Well it started with WoW,,,,We want to be entertained and not challenged you said, and the companies heard you...now 5 year olds can play them.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited January 2019
    Well it started with WoW,,,,We want to be entertained and not challenged you said, and the companies heard you...now 5 year olds can play them.
    But can they choose the correct gear or stats? When I started ESO I chose my gear based on stats and ignored item level. By level 15 I was struggling. After some research I discovered that is a big deal and within the next few item drops I was back to manageble combat. What 5 year old would do that? Or even a 13 year old these days?

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Palebane said:
    But can they choose the correct gear or stats? When I started ESO I chose my gear based on stats and ignored item level. By level 15 I was struggling. After some research I discovered that is a big deal and within the next few item drops I was back to manageble combat. What 5 year old would do that? Or even a 13 year old these days?
    Because a 5 year old will go by the "simple" thing like item level.

Just think simple next time.  The modern mmorpg is not designed for thinking deeply or off putting variables.... In what your saying, it almost sounds like stats are a fake prop that may not do anything. 
    AAAMEOW said:

See, I don't get it ?

It's same as tetris.  Simple enough anyone can play.  But not everyone can master.

I saw people posting diablo 3 is too easy also.  But he is playing on the lowest difficulty...
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Amathe said:
    The problem with the OP is that it paints with an absurdly broad brush that makes discussion pointless.

It's not some games but all games.

It's not some people but all people.

it's not sometimes but always.

Something is not flawed, but is instead completely bad.

He has a future career with any mainstream broadcaster then. :)
    Scot said:
    Amathe said:
    The problem with the OP is that it paints with an absurdly broad brush that makes discussion pointless.

It's not some games but all games.

It's not some people but all people.

it's not sometimes but always.

Something is not flawed, but is instead completely bad.

He has a future career with any mainstream broadcaster then. :)
    Like Blizzard,
    EVERYONE is playing World of Warcraft, all 12,000,000