Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA Reveals Anthem System Specs Ahead of Next Month's Release - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    edited January 8

Would've rather this been set in the Battltech and had real battlemechs I could pilot as a lance with friends, rather than flying an Iron Man style suit (thought that's cool too).

Ahh well.  Battletech, such a wonderful yet under-utilized IP.

You know that there is a Mechwarrior online, where you can pilot your battle mech with your friend.
    I play it actively.  It's a MOBA, though.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,015
    edited January 8
    Coolit said:

evolgrinz said:

All I can say about this game is, do not pre-order and wait for the after launch reviews of the game.

You'll thank me later.

I'm very wary of pre-ordering and EA in general and it doesn't help when you watch recent news where EA refuse to refund games on the same day of purchase.

Their support still suck after all these years. During last gen i bought Mass Effect 2 (physically) and for some weird stupid reason I ordered it from EA Origin. I paid for 2 day shipping and received the game one month later.

I talked to them every single week after purchase to cancel the order and they denied it every time saying that orders under processing cannot be canceled. I got so pissed when i received the game a month later i resold it as soon as i got it. I don't buy anything on origin, not even digital anymore.

After that scam I only get origin games either for free (their old giveaway program) or for like a dollar on humble bundle.

• SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Thank god for Origin Access Premier, saved me alot of money from buying BFV. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 + Aorus ATC800

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2060 Super 8G

RAM: G.Skill 8GB DDR4 3200MHz

MOBO: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

PSU: Seasonic Focus 650W 80+ Gold

Case: Gigabyte Aorus AC300G

Monitor: Gigabyte Aorus CV27F 1080p/165hz

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,837
    For a company known for their story telling I'm seeing very little about a compelling story with Anthem.  Just about all the videos focus on flying and combat.  Some mention story and one talked a little about the lore but nothing showcased.  Will my decisions change anything or will the game just be about leveling and collecting gear?  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,432
    I'll be honest: I completely forgot about this game.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 11,687

Ridelynn said:

There is a huge gulf between a RTX2060 (that was just announced) and the AMD RX480 on the Recommended requirements, but it's not that large between the 1060 and 480... Wonder why they felt the need to include something from the 2000 series on nVidia, but not say anything about Vega or the 500 series on AMD.

...raytracing support perhaps?
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,672
    Phry said:
    Well, that makes it an easy choice to not buy the game, it doesn't support the OS i have so its an automatic 'don't buy' though it is kind of bizarre that it would have a Dx11 requirement and not Dx12 if its restricted to Win 10 only, maybe they don't have faith in Dx 12?
    Join the humble race of consoles mate. I thought I was a master with my PC but it was just an illusion. ;)
    Real gamers use both and don't make a big deal of it.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,003
    For a company known for their story telling I'm seeing very little about a compelling story with Anthem.  Just about all the videos focus on flying and combat.  Some mention story and one talked a little about the lore but nothing showcased.  Will my decisions change anything or will the game just be about leveling and collecting gear?  
    they did use the writer from their most popular titles and they've said that your actions/choices will affect how fort tarsis will appear to you.

it's not going to be as story heavy as previous titles but what is there is most likely going to be really good.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,084

Mikeha said:

Mikeha said:

I will be playing on Xbox One X. 

me too most likely..  i'd prefer to play on PC because it's easier for me but i'd have to upgrade it and i have 0 interest in the hardware so i wouldn't know what to get and how to install it.
    the X seems to be solid enough though.

Yea, my PC has been due for an upgrade for awhile now. Maybe I will get around to doing it in 2019. :)

mine had what was considered pretty good stuff at 2015-16 but it's already gettin' old it seems :D 

Yeah, mine too. But I don't really care anout all of this new crap, so...yeah. :)
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 10,984
    they did use the writer from their most popular titles and they've said that your actions/choices will affect how fort tarsis will appear to you.

it's not going to be as story heavy as previous titles but what is there is most likely going to be really good.
    They did? pretty sure Drew Karpyshyn isn't involved though, so its kind of hard to see how that might be the case? if anything its probably why they are not focusing on Anthems 'storyline' and instead focusing more on 'gameplay' or more specifically 'combat mechanics'  :/
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,003
    Phry said:

They did? pretty sure Drew Karpyshyn isn't involved though, so its kind of hard to see how that might be the case? if anything its probably why they are not focusing on Anthems 'storyline' and instead focusing more on 'gameplay' or more specifically 'combat mechanics'  :/
    Drew did work on Anthem.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 10,984
    Phry said:

Drew did work on Anthem.
    They brought him back to work on SW:TOR, its unclear how much work he actually did on Anthem, or even whether they stuck with the material he provided for them before he left early last year. Either way its hard to believe that they would switch away from Storyline to focus more on combat mechanics if Drews work on Anthem was that significant, i would expect the game to be more storyline driven, which it isn't, i suspect much of his work was omitted in favour of a more 'games as a service' driven gameplay :/
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,771
    Coolit said:

evolgrinz said:

All I can say about this game is, do not pre-order and wait for the after launch reviews of the game.

You'll thank me later.

I'm very wary of pre-ordering and EA in general and it doesn't help when you watch recent news where EA refuse to refund games on the same day of purchase.

Their support still suck after all these years. During last gen i bought Mass Effect 2 (physically) and for some weird stupid reason I ordered it from EA Origin. I paid for 2 day shipping and received the game one month later.

I talked to them every single week after purchase to cancel the order and they denied it every time saying that orders under processing cannot be canceled. I got so pissed when i received the game a month later i resold it as soon as i got it. I don't buy anything on origin, not even digital anymore.

After that scam I only get origin games either for free (their old giveaway program) or for like a dollar on humble bundle.
    If you live in EU, in that kind of situation you should:

1. When contacting the seller for first time, give them a reasonable extra time to deliver the item
    2. If you don't get delivery within that reasonable extra time you've set, you can tell the seller that you terminate the contract, after which the seller is obliged to give you full refund without delay.

This is based on consumer protection law, but the key here is that you need to give the seller a set amount of extra time first and can do the termination only after it's been missed.
    Phry