Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Player's Choice Awards 2018

Comments

• MendelMendel Marietta, GAMember EpicPosts: 2,751
    I'd like to vote, or at least see the nominations.  Creating an account for Google isn't going to happen.  So, I passed.

NorseGodPhry

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• congvt17congvt17 Bronx, NYMember UncommonPosts: 4
    kingdom come deliverance is the only legit RPG in the rpg list, lmao
  • SamhaelSamhael Huntsville, ALMember RarePosts: 1,163

I'm hard wired into the Google 'ego' system so it took me right to the voting. Not really anticipating any MMO in 2019 so not really crazy about the one I picked but it is what it is.

I voted with a lot of "Other: none" answers.
  • KratukKratuk Member UncommonPosts: 13
    edited January 8

Because we're using Google Forms and email validation to do this voting to help prevent as much fraud as possible.

You're just saying that because of all the fraud you had to fix last year. ;p At least you learned a few new tricks. Good job, Bildo. I knew you'd never stay Lost in Hyboria. ;)
    Post edited by Kratuk on
    BillMurphy
  • Viper482Viper482 Somewhere, FLMember EpicPosts: 2,233

thundered said:

Yeah guys there is alot of rampant fraud when it comes to video game awards and the electoral process involved , Serious business here.

Why have a poll like this at all if it will not be accurate? Go away.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLMember EpicPosts: 2,699

jazz.be said:

I'm going to be honest, 2018 was a shitty year in terms of gaming. For me at least.

Best year in a while, for me. Since 2015, I'd say.
    ConstantineMerusblueturtle13

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 131 missions in Vendetta Online

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi The Crossroads, DeathMember UncommonPosts: 286

congvt17 said:

kingdom come deliverance is the only legit RPG in the rpg list, lmao

Seriously? How is Pathfinder not a RPG?
    YashaXSharne

• YashaXYashaX Baldurs GateMember EpicPosts: 2,395
    Some great rpgs on that list, for me AC Odyssey was the best of them (although I haven't played pillars 2 yet). 
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 31,751
    edited January 8
    Sovrath said:
    Aeander said:

Kyleran said:

Really need a not applicable button for categories we did not participate in.

Could just not vote on that category. I didn't for (sigh) Battle Royale.
    That's what I did, if I didn't play a category I just left it blank.
    The "completionist" in me never even considered the possibility of leaving a radio button unchecked and would have howled in rage had I attempted to do so.

;)

I used the other button / comment to write N/A or some such commentary.

This site fears providing options such as N/A or None as too often they are the clear winners

Post edited by Kyleran on
    ConstantineMerusPhaserlight

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• geremadygeremady BredaMember UncommonPosts: 67
    Sorry, but not gonna make a Google-account just to vote.

Avoiding all that shit like Facebook, Amazon and Google as  much as possible.

geremady
    QuarterStack
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Member UncommonPosts: 30
    When I read through the questions the only thing I really wanted to know was, what games spent the most on advertising on this site in 2018, as I suspect they will win most awards.

Biggest Disappointment
    Blizzard

Best Battle Royale of 2018 (Sigh.)
    N/A

Best RPG of 2018
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance - the only one I played

Best Persistent Online Game of 2018
    Fallout 76 - yes its still under construction, but it is a brave endeavour

Most Improved MMORPG of 2018
    Elder Scrolls Online - from what I hear its this but didn't play it

Most Anticipated Persistent Online Game of 2019
    Too early to tell

Most Anticipated MMO of 2019 / Biggest Disappointment of 2019
    Way too early to tell

Best Overall MMO of 2018
    Atlas

Kyleran
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 25,701
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Aeander said:

Kyleran said:

Really need a not applicable button for categories we did not participate in.

Could just not vote on that category. I didn't for (sigh) Battle Royale.
    That's what I did, if I didn't play a category I just left it blank.
    The "completionist" in me never even considered the possibility of leaving a radio button unchecked and would have howled in rage had I attempted to do so.

;)

I used the other button / comment to write N/A or some such commentary.

This site fears providing options such as N/A or None as too often they are the clear winners

lol, yeah I'm 'the other guy' who leaves things undone or doesn't do things they don't want to do. That's why modern mmorpg's are a problem because I'm usually leaving out some quest or task that allows me to get a camel in order to navigate the desert.

I like to make up my own rules. o:)
    PhaserlightKyleran

• GutlardGutlard Indianapolis, INMember RarePosts: 445
    edited January 8
    Fortnite & WoW: BFA were the only games from 2018 I played in 2018. All the other games seem to be a year or 5 old...

Gut Out!
    Post edited by Gutlard on

What, me worry?

• cheyanecheyane EarthMember EpicPosts: 5,962
    edited January 8
    You can make email accounts with google with false names birthdays and so on. Why the reluctance. I have like 15 google, yahoo and hotmail accounts. All my details on facebook is false too. I made that Facebook account  years ago before the phone number thing.

Why do people think you need to be honest about anything.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Kyleranblueturtle13
  • lahnmirlahnmir UtrechtMember EpicPosts: 2,057
    cheyane said:
    You can make email accounts with google with false names birthdays and so on. Why the reluctance. I have like 15 google, yahoo and hotmail accounts.
    You like to rig them polls now, don’t you?  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    YashaX
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
    edited January 8
    lahnmir said:
    cheyane said:
    You can make email accounts with google with false names birthdays and so on. Why the reluctance. I have like 15 google, yahoo and hotmail accounts.
    You like to rig them polls now, don’t you?  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Couldn't be bothered. I made them for different game accounts and I have a few I use as spam stuff where all the sites that send rubbish goes. Seriously no reason not to make an email account.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    cheyane said:
    You can make email accounts with google with false names birthdays and so on. Why the reluctance. I have like 15 google, yahoo and hotmail accounts. All my details on facebook is false too. I made that Facebook account  years ago before the phone number thing.

The email account thing I get, but your last sentence is kind of boggling. I have to assume you aren't serious. 

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    cheyane said:

The email account thing I get, but your last sentence is kind of boggling. I have to assume you aren't serious. 

I was making a point about social media and emails , should have been more specific. I really don't understand why people share all their personal info without a thought to masking it on these sites.
    KyleranPhaserlightConstantineMerusYashaXkitarad
    cheyane said:
    Kyleran said:
    cheyane said:

I was making a point about social media and emails , should have been more specific. I really don't understand why people share all their personal info without a thought to masking it on these sites.
    OK, in that context your comment makes perfect sense, I knew I had misunderstood somewhere.

I'm a bit too "literal" at times and miss subtle nuances on occasion.

Kyleran said:
    cheyane said:
    Kyleran said:
    cheyane said:

OK, in that context your comment makes perfect sense, I knew I had misunderstood somewhere.

Kyleran said:
    cheyane said:
    Kyleran said:
    cheyane said:

It's the two finger typing the brain is a few steps ahead and the fingers are left dropping the context.
    PhaserlightKyleran
  • Mars_OrbitalMars_Orbital Member UncommonPosts: 302
    I don't sign into google .

Best MMORPG => Black Desert Online
    PhaserlightDeyirnTrolldefender99parrotpholk
    "Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another,and I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned" - William Munny / Unforgiven .
  • LinifLinif AberdeenMember UncommonPosts: 88

Sovrath said:

thundered said:

Yeah guys there is alot of rampant fraud when it comes to video game awards and the electoral process involved , Serious business here.

More like the winners are announced and then some people start wailing and gnashing their teeth and calling foul because the idea of any game that doesn't align with their world view "winning" is too much to bear so they come and start flinging mud and calling the staff shills and all sorts of things dorks do.

In any case, "voted."

That's the fun though. It generates drama so we can point and laugh at their opinions.
    KyleranTrolldefender99
  • DeyirnDeyirn Higashine-shiMember UncommonPosts: 328

I don't sign into google .

Best MMORPG => Elder Scrolls Online

I fixed that for you.
    Trolldefender99

• XasapisXasapis VolosMember RarePosts: 5,944
    Funnily enough, at this point in time, I don't play any of the games listed in the "best mmorpg" list (I'm a bit of an mmorpg nomad these days).

So it came down to which one would you recommend your best friend to start playing, if asked.

I was torn between FF and ESO, but ultimately FF won due to the better story telling. The new expansions in ESO broke any semblance of story progression completely.

Runner up was GW2, and that because I still haven't found a class that I enjoy playing in that game. Which is a real shame, since it has (imo) one of the most vibrant and enjoyable worlds.
    PhaserlightparrotpholkKyleran
  • MossdabMossdab FaroMember UncommonPosts: 12
    For the first time I do not participate in a pool just because I do not have to give my e'mail for that.
    I dont see any reason for that.
    Scot