Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem: 15 Minutes of Lost Arcanist Gameplay - MMORPG.com

Comments

• MensurMensur Member RarePosts: 826
    meh! this reeks of a fail.
    exile01BrotherMaynardXodicJeffSpicoli

“Do not be so open-minded that your brains fall out.”

― G.K. Chesterton
  • ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 306

parpin said:

if it is buy to play with cosmetic cash shop i will definitely buy it.

This is not an MMO so will be buy to play with season pass or multiple dlc packs per year to buy.  With it being EA it will definitely have a robust cash shop.

The new norm is sadly $100 at least for a game and all its content.

Actually there is no season pass for this game. They have stated several times that it will have free updates. Now I am not saying they won't have things down the road but as of right now they don't have a season pass and have stated free updates. https://gamerant.com/anthem-no-season-pass-dlc/

Article sounds a bit like Destiny when it launched with the whole story for years to come part.

That being said there  is no way that EA does not find a way to monetize this.  Stock price is in the toilet and they need to show positive gains.  Nickle and diming people is their way of doing business.  

I guess for me I don't look at the publisher as much as some. I look at the development team and their track record with their games. I know some are going to bring up Andromeda and that fiasco but they forget the other games before that or the Dragon Age games. I mean EA is the publisher for Titanfall 2 and that game was good.

Some would argue Bioware has not had a decent game since DA:O.

Ever since they have purposely injected politics and social issues I have lost interest in most of their offerings.  

Still will keep a eye on this from a distance.  Might play it once it hits a sale over the holidays or something but gameplay to this point outside of some cool novelty with the suits is lacking for me.

This notion of politics in Dragon Age games being new is surprising to me. All those games heck a lot of RPGs have politics just not real life politics. I think when people see politics they believe it is going to talk about the here and now and they forget that each of these games has a political climate in the games. Even in DAO you had to chose rulers and even if the king to be at the end would die or survive. This notion of politics in games is a new supposed SJW trick is just people not paying attention to the games they themselves play.
    cheyaneArteriusMrMelGibson

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,602

parpin said:

if it is buy to play with cosmetic cash shop i will definitely buy it.

This is not an MMO so will be buy to play with season pass or multiple dlc packs per year to buy.  With it being EA it will definitely have a robust cash shop.

The new norm is sadly $100 at least for a game and all its content.

Actually there is no season pass for this game. They have stated several times that it will have free updates. Now I am not saying they won't have things down the road but as of right now they don't have a season pass and have stated free updates. https://gamerant.com/anthem-no-season-pass-dlc/

Article sounds a bit like Destiny when it launched with the whole story for years to come part.

That being said there  is no way that EA does not find a way to monetize this.  Stock price is in the toilet and they need to show positive gains.  Nickle and diming people is their way of doing business.  

I guess for me I don't look at the publisher as much as some. I look at the development team and their track record with their games. I know some are going to bring up Andromeda and that fiasco but they forget the other games before that or the Dragon Age games. I mean EA is the publisher for Titanfall 2 and that game was good.

Some would argue Bioware has not had a decent game since DA:O.

Ever since they have purposely injected politics and social issues I have lost interest in most of their offerings.  

Still will keep a eye on this from a distance.  Might play it once it hits a sale over the holidays or something but gameplay to this point outside of some cool novelty with the suits is lacking for me.

This notion of politics in Dragon Age games being new is surprising to me. All those games heck a lot of RPGs have politics just not real life politics. I think when people see politics they believe it is going to talk about the here and now and they forget that each of these games has a political climate in the games. Even in DAO you had to chose rulers and even if the king to be at the end would die or survive. This notion of politics in games is a new supposed SJW trick is just people not paying attention to the games they themselves play.
    Difference is when the politics and social commentary mirrors the world today in a fantasy game to beat me over the head with a certain viewpoint.  Hell Bioware has admitted to doing this because they advocate a certain agenda.

Political intrigue is all good and fine but it should fit the setting and some of it does not.
    Panserbjorne39Gobstopper3D
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 598
    I am happy that there is a Demo we can Test. Tbh i think they did the Demo because they are confident about what they have with Anthem. I would rly love to get a "good Game". So i am looking forward to that Demo and then decide if that's a buy or not buy.
    ShadowStyleBOctagon7711
  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,602
    Ilaya said:
    I am happy that there is a Demo we can Test. Tbh i think they did the Demo because they are confident about what they have with Anthem. I would rly love to get a "good Game". So i am looking forward to that Demo and then decide if that's a buy or not buy.
    Honestly not sure if it is confidence or just to avoid what happened with Destiny.

Either way it is the right thing to do in my opinion.
    Ilaya
  • ShaighShaigh Member RarePosts: 1,986
    Prefer shooters where you actively have to avoid being hit. I can't stand these mmo-lite shooters.
    Torval
    The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,280
    So EA wants me to pay them to play warframe....?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,773
    Ilaya said:
    If it wasn't for the free weekend with The Division I never would have played it so much.  If you have a good game, or a bad reputation with games, or a bad game that you've redone and made good, a demo or free play period is the best thing a company can do.  After what happened with Mass Effect, a demo is badly needed.
    Ilaya

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,194
    Don't like flying in any game.I said it like 20 years ago when playing UT99 and seeing the translocator use.
    Why create maps if you are just going to basically "slow warp"which is what flying is, directly to your destination?Well to me the obvious reason is because the mapping is VERY shallow,just basic land generation with a bunch of trees.So to avoid the backlash of players saying "where is the content" "where are the assets"they just allow you to fly over all the boring land mass.

The more i think about this game is a Halo copy cat but a worse version of.

It also bears a strong resemblance to that cheap Skyforge game with the way these parcel/tiled maps are designed.
    NEVER like seeing hand holding markers on screen but then again,as i stated,there is NOTHING here to discover so again they are just telling you to hurry up and get to the marker or you will be bored to death.

Overall,i see a VERY shallow game,doing very little but then again i see so many enjoyed the shallow Dark Souls type games.
    Imo this is typical game design for an INDIE developer,see ONE gimmick >>"flying"and hope that carries the sales.If some people actually like this ,i see very little value,maybe 1 week play time then it collects dust forever.Then seeing how the game is doing almost nothing,i cannot fathom how they could add in any DLC's.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,194
    edited January 6
    So lots of flying over empty landscapes until you get to your battle then some combat. The landscapes range from really nice to downright fugly.

Some of the combat and abilities look nice though and it does appear the suits all have their own unique gameplay which is nice. Will wait to see how things go post launch.
    Yes you said it faster than me lol,but basically what i said as well.The suits/loadouts however only 3 and imo there will not be much versatility here at all.
    IMO this is a FAST low budget design.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Anthem only looks good at eye level, but what you do in the game will be the determine factor, after all its what most game loop is suppose to be. As I see it this game is nothing really new beside the flying suit or else its pretty much a Destiny clone.

Not saying its not fun but if you play Destiny or any shooter like, well it will be not much different. Since its "New" so i guess ppl will waste that money regardless what's ppl opinion are. So I'm calling it, once the new finish wears off, you be bored 10-20 hours in, it depends on how much you can stand repeating the clear this part and shoot that boss at the end thing.

Fact is you can't equip dual lasers/missile pod on your suit knees well its a lead down in term of customization for me. A tiny missile pod for only one suit kills the how the hell you fit all them missile on such tiny launcher o_O??? Realistic aside, the fact you can't mount those weapon system everywhere is as boring as having only one gun out of million on your mech? I do wonder how much fun can you get out of that? To me at least that how it going to feel at the end for Anthem, but hey, you go waste that money for me and tell me I'm wrong :), thank.
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 539
    Looks great, I can't wait to get my hands on it later this month.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,111

Mensur said:

meh! this reeks of a fail.

lol really? How so? Because Warframe and Destiny, two games that are largely similar were pretty popular.
    ShadowStyleBConstantineMerusArterius

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

• jordiincraasjordiincraas Member UncommonPosts: 58
    so it looks like it could be cross platform play? maybe? with Xbox and PC?
    Octagon7711
  • XodicXodic Member RarePosts: 931
    A lot of unnecessary flipping and flashing.
    sausagemix
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member UncommonPosts: 61
    You managed to ask a question and answer it in a single line.

Hatefull said:

Because Warframe and Destiny

Also, EA + Bioware - how many second chances are there to give? And more importanly at this point: why?

If the game has excellent *user* reviews a few months after release, then maybe... But seeing all these boring uninspired videos, that's very unlikely.

Another technically brilliant, but bland, derivative, empty and entirely forgettable game, masterfully designed to keep the masses entertained exactly until the next release in the EA's annual cycle. Rinse & repeat.
    JeffSpicoli
  • sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 71
    joink blip bloop zerp ping

god this game might give me a gd migraine.
    It won't hurt me none to wait out the first month after the sponsored youtube/twitch streamers flood the net with it and the preorder whales move on to the next preorder.
    Dick1232
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 130
    Is it just me or there seems to be an unofficial requirement that sci-fi looter shooters these days need to have a quirky sidekick AI accompanying you in missions?
    You know like Ghost from Destiny and Ordis from Warframe?.

On a sidenote, the game seems decent as looter shooters go the flying aspect seems more like a gimmick to difference themselves from the pack though, doesn't appeal to me but those who really enjoy these kind of games might have some fun with it (If EA doesn't screw it up).
  • k61977k61977 Member RarePosts: 1,221
    So basically just an updated Warframe with better flying. Nothing really new, but would most likely be a good time killer for a while.
    Dick1232
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 498
    I don't know if Bioware can survive another flop, and this looks like a proper belly buster from the high board.

What were they thinking with this? It looks so painfully boring. If you can't even hook me with a curated gameplay teaser, you're not in a good place.
    BrotherMaynard
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,773
    I think I remember something about them reworking the story aspect to make it better.  Hopefully it will have a compelling story added that's not shown in this video.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Good thing we have a free demo. 
    Dick1232
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member UncommonPosts: 251
    don't see any depth in the gameplay, but visually looks nice.
    Dick1232
  • Dick1232Dick1232 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    lol. You poor people who haven t played it and seen how amazing it is, I feel for you. Keep rambling your ideas of what it will be.
    ArteriusVexiusxCaffynatedparrotpholkdoomex
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Is this still an EA title? Never buying another game from EA, especially one that looks extremely boring.

I'm sure the masses who are stupid enough to keep buying the same game (Madden, CoD, etc....) every year will still be lining up out the door to throw there money at EA. Sad really.