Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth Team Ready to Take on 2019 for a 'Reboot, a New Game' or...Something Else - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• aceron_jaxaceron_jax Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Ok so lets be real here for a minute. I was a Open Beta player who continued to play for several years before the content kind of completely stopped.
    Cons:
    1. The game itself was buggy as hell when it first came out and kept having issues through its run
    2. The A.I was kind of basic and while the team function worked it was very lacklustered
    3. Graphics was more then old even when it came out
    4. There was barely any Endgame content, which made it more then a bit boring at the end
    5. Combat was very clunky and with the lag issues it made playing in high traffic area's very difficult
    6. The servers sucked badly and we kept getting kicked out, and support was almost non-existent
    There may be more but I don't remember since i haven't played in years

Pros:
    1. The story was interesting (if you were willing to go through the entire game)
    2. The faction separation was interesting and fun (you could join one of six factions and be on positive terms with two others, while being partially hostile with two others and an full on enemy with the completely opposing faction)
    3. The crafting system was excellent, but only because 90 percent of the items were best obtained through crafting and you needed it for further advancement. What you did get from the mission or enemies was minimal which was annoying but whatever.
    4. It has an auction house from day one (I think), which worked very well with the crafting system
    5. The mobility (cars, cycles, ATVs, horses) was excellent and made travel throughout the game much more playable and was available from the start at a very low level (unlike almost every other game I have played)

Taking into the fact that the game was an indie game from a no-name company without the benefits of Kickstarter, which would have likely helped a great deal with a better engine and/or greater server capacity, I have to say that it really does deserve some credit for lasting as long as it did and was overall fun if you could take its various issues.

If it was created and maintained by known company with a large team of developers and massive budget then I would be the first to slam it to hell and back, but it was just not capable of sustaining its audience and its large player base (comparatively)

Someone compared it to FO76 and said it was so much worse then that radioactive dumpster fire, but the difference is that FO76 came out last year by a publisher that is worth hundreds of millions and has some of the best and most profitable games under its belt, and as far as I know barely has any player base by this point. Comparatively, Fallen Earth had a lot of the same issues, but FO76 came out 9 years after and was DOA the moment it came out. It made endless promises that it did not keep, lag was insane, almost no story, no true NPCs (the biggest SIN for a fallout game that lives based on the intricate NPC interactions). Let not even get into the various high tier pre-order issues that FO76 screwed its player base with even before the game came out.

In conclusion, was Fallen Earth bad, comparatively 'no', was it good 'barely', compared to FO76 it was the first release 'WOW' (my opinion)