Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The List: The Most Anticipated MMOs of 2019

1235»

Comments

• craftseekercraftseeker kynetonMember RarePosts: 1,700
    mgilbrtsn said:
    If all those games don't offer something that might appeal, then I think there are many ppl who don't want to find something. (At least in the fantasy sphere). This list has a bit of everything. Sandox to theme to survival. It has AAA and upstarts. The list goes on.

I recommend ppl stop looking for the perfect game (which doesn't exist) and find some enjoyment in something slightly less than perfect.
    What a Pollyanna statement, it is not that we are being pessimistic and seeing the glass as half empty, while you see it as half full.

What many of us are saying is that it is not water in that glass and I wouldn't drink it if I was you.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,548
    Will try Lucima because I'm curious how the devs will be designing around intentional downtimes.  Even the large ones like waiting for guildies.

And will probably be revisiting Worlds Adrift at some point.  To see how their servers with PvP areas (instead of everywhere) turned out.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• paulythebpaulytheb Wauwatosa, WIMember UncommonPosts: 325
    Crowfall looks like it is coming along nicely. It will be PvP heavy at the start of it's life cycle. I imagine there will be more and more activities patched in over time to help keep the PvP boredom at bay.
    It does have my attention. I plan on crafting and stacking wealth more than PvPing myself, but who knows exactly how that will turn out.

Remember they want to get their world generation and PvP game all finished and then they will be able to expand the opportunities in game play after that.

If they do their Eternal Kingdoms right, the building aspect of the game holds a great deal of appeal and potential. It is kinda Sad that EQ2 is still kind of the gold standard in player housing. Crowfall has the potential for much more.
    KyleranConstantineMerus

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• KoviaKovia YorkMember UncommonPosts: 5
    edited January 9
    Camelot Unchained: Dead game, it wont even release, its been developm6ent for far to long which far too much hype.

Crowfall: Too involved for your average gamer, wont survive if it does release.

Lost Ark: Just another korean hack and slash, dead game

Ascent: Infinite Realm: Bless reskinned, wont survive

Bless Unleashed: This should not even be on the list, NOBODYin anticipating this, this game has died 3 times already, releasing on xbox wont make any difference

Torchlight Frontiers: This is a perfect world game, p2w cash shop, wont survive.

New World: This has balancing problems that are near impossible to fix as a result it wont last.

Saga of Lucimia: The survival of this game is based purely on its "going back to mmo roots" mentality, but it wont be around by 2021 if it releases in 2019
    Post edited by Kovia on
    Octagon7711Gdemamiparrotpholk
  • seshsesseshses montreal, QCMember UncommonPosts: 31

Rhoklaw said:

Kyleran said:

Rhoklaw said:

Kyleran said:

Another year of no MMORPGs releasing, well none I'm actually interested in.

Fortunately,  plenty of depth in my Steam and GOG libraries,  still enjoying FO76, want to return to NMS, always still E:D waiting in the wings and who knows CCP might surprise me.

Oh yes, and the Phoenix is rising on Jan 12th.

B)

Oh, I'll be on Phoenix for sure. I'll probably check out CU and SoL as well, IF they launch this year.

Midgard for me, look for the Skald who really cheap shots everyone else's kills.

;)

Albion for me, lol. I'm sure I'll die a lot because everyone hates Sorcerers. Looking forward to getting smashed by a bunch of Left Axes.

Didnt Dark age of camelot launch a new server a few days ago , i think am ganna go check it out , am so bored lately
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 8,322
    Not a lot to anticipate in 2019.  I just hope they improve the ones that are already out there.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AeliousAelious OregonMember RarePosts: 3,521
    Wake me up when there is a title that starts me out with nothing but rags, starts me in a little town... and that's it. I'll take it from there.
  • lahnmirlahnmir UtrechtMember EpicPosts: 2,069
    Aelious said:
    Wake me up when there is a title that starts me out with nothing but rags, starts me in a little town... and that's it. I'll take it from there.
    Welcome to Atlas! Be sure to start in a Freeport  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Aelious
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • AeliousAelious OregonMember RarePosts: 3,521
    lahnmir said:
    Aelious said:
    Welcome to Atlas! Be sure to start in a Freeport  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Errm, no, sorry. If I was going to play a survival game I would look forward to New World. I should have added the exclusion of survival titles. Nothing that requires punching a tree. ;)
    lahnmir
  • ksternalksternal Hainesport, NJMember UncommonPosts: 84

Yes at this point Crowfall is way too complex for a new gamer. I am starting to get concerned with the lack of things to do. At this point all they have is grinding resources and pvp (which I love PvP). Just worried about the longevity of the game.

I fully agree with you about it looking like a very heavy PvP game. Sadly for people like myself who enjoys playing support class toons I will always be looked at first by my enemy to be gutted.
    parrotpholkanemo
  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Leland, NCMember RarePosts: 4,100
    ksternal said:

Yes at this point Crowfall is way too complex for a new gamer. I am starting to get concerned with the lack of things to do. At this point all they have is grinding resources and pvp (which I love PvP). Just worried about the longevity of the game.

I fully agree with you about it looking like a very heavy PvP game. Sadly for people like myself who enjoys playing support class toons I will always be looked at first by my enemy to be gutted.
    Look at it like I do, I am obviously the most important person on this battlefield to have drawn all these admirers!

The self esteem boost is epic and justifies your sacrifice of fun for the greater good of the realm!
    Lokero