Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The List: The Most Anticipated MMOs of 2019

245

Comments

  • GruugGruug Chillicothe, ILMember RarePosts: 1,668
    CU and Crowfall maybe. Everything else on the list is just more of the same.

    Let's party like it is 1863!

  • Viper482Viper482 Somewhere, FLMember EpicPosts: 2,233
    CU pre-alpha 17 disguised as beta 1 looks like crap right now. No way it releases this year.
    KyleranBruceYeeYashaXAgent_Joseph
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 31,738
    edited January 2
    Another year of no MMORPGs releasing, well none I'm actually interested in.

    Fortunately,  plenty of depth in my Steam and GOG libraries,  still enjoying FO76, want to return to NMS, always still E:D waiting in the wings and who knows CCP might surprise me.

    Oh yes, and the Phoenix is rising on Jan 12th.

    B)
    Post edited by Kyleran on
    TorvalRhoklawTimEisencraftseekertweedledumb99ConstantineMerusGdemami

    "I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXMember EpicPosts: 6,033
    Kyleran said:
    Another year of no MMORPGs releasing, well none I'm actually interested in.

    Fortunately,  plenty of depth in my Steam and GOG libraries,  still enjoying FO76, want to return to NMS, always still E:D waiting in the wings and who knows CCP might surprise me.

    Oh yes, and the Phoenix is rising on Jan 12th.

    B)
    Oh, I'll be on Phoenix for sure. I'll probably check out CU and SoL as well, IF they launch this year.

  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 31,738
    Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Another year of no MMORPGs releasing, well none I'm actually interested in.

    Fortunately,  plenty of depth in my Steam and GOG libraries,  still enjoying FO76, want to return to NMS, always still E:D waiting in the wings and who knows CCP might surprise me.

    Oh yes, and the Phoenix is rising on Jan 12th.

    B)
    Oh, I'll be on Phoenix for sure. I'll probably check out CU and SoL as well, IF they launch this year.
    Midgard for me, look for the Skald who really cheap shots everyone else's kills.

    ;)
    RhoklawTimEisenseshses

    "I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,372
    Will CU be the most anticipated MMO for another year? How many years running can it take the title? Crowfall is hot on its heals. :lol:

    I'm not anticipating any "MMOs". This should be the year of "Put up or shut up" for indie and AAA MMOs.

    Even better, maybe we should just called them dead Jim. They've become low effort high cost respins of things we've already played a hundred times. Add on thoroughly predatory monetization and extensive milking and that's why I'm not looking forward to any of them. I think the genre needs to take an extended sabbatical to figure itself out.
    RhoklawTimEisenMendelAzaron_Nightbladeblueturtle13KyleranGdemamiGobstopper3Dd_20YashaX
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXMember EpicPosts: 6,033
    Torval said:
    Will CU be the most anticipated MMO for another year? How many years running can it take the title? Crowfall is hot on its heals. :lol:

    I'm not anticipating any "MMOs". This should be the year of "Put up or shut up" for indie and AAA MMOs.

    Even better, maybe we should just called them dead Jim. They've become low effort high cost respins of things we've already played a hundred times. Add on thoroughly predatory monetization and extensive milking and that's why I'm not looking forward to any of them. I think the genre needs to take an extended sabbatical to figure itself out.
    I agree with pretty much everything you've said, which is precisely why I'm supporting games like Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia. As for Camelot Unchained, I'm no longer a 100% sold on it's core gameplay being enough to sustain it, but we'll see.
    TorvalKyleranRenfail

  • RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXMember EpicPosts: 6,033
    Kyleran said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Another year of no MMORPGs releasing, well none I'm actually interested in.

    Fortunately,  plenty of depth in my Steam and GOG libraries,  still enjoying FO76, want to return to NMS, always still E:D waiting in the wings and who knows CCP might surprise me.

    Oh yes, and the Phoenix is rising on Jan 12th.

    B)
    Oh, I'll be on Phoenix for sure. I'll probably check out CU and SoL as well, IF they launch this year.
    Midgard for me, look for the Skald who really cheap shots everyone else's kills.

    ;)
    Albion for me, lol. I'm sure I'll die a lot because everyone hates Sorcerers. Looking forward to getting smashed by a bunch of Left Axes.

  • AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,490
    Kyleran said:
    Oh yes, and the Phoenix is rising on Jan 12th.

    B)
    https://www.reverbnation.com/show/23926262 ?
  • coretex666coretex666 PragueMember EpicPosts: 3,532
    SoL for me, but there is no way anything remotely resembling a finished game will be released in 2019. Have you played the game before you included it in the list?

    I mean the concept is very exciting, for me, but it has a long long way to go. I would say 5 years given the size of the team.

    Torchlight also looks nice, but I think its monetization will force me to pass on the game. Also, if I am not mistaken, they are not going heavy on vertical character progression outside of gear which is not a good choice for this type of game, in my opinion.
  • FacelessSaviorFacelessSavior Victoria, TXMember UncommonPosts: 166






    Yes at this point Crowfall is way too complex for a new gamer. I am starting to get concerned with the lack of things to do. At this point all they have is grinding resources and pvp (which I love PvP). Just worried about the longevity of the game.






    I've been looking for look forward to Crowfall for a long time now, but recently got worried. Was playing in a current MMO a D a discussion broke out about it that was focused on how Pay 2 Win it was. Can you tell me if this is accurate or hopefully overblown?



    I recently ponied up and funded. Only have a few hours under my belt but I don't see how anyone's calling it p2w. Unless they're talking about future stuff that's not in the game yet. There's no cash shop at all. It's all game, all in game economy at this point.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,284
    Kyleran said:
    ... and who knows CCP might surprise me.
    ^ Haha, this guy...  but then, who knows, maybe they'll surprise with another total miss of a project :tired_face:

    Lost Ark and Torchlight look pretty graphically and might be fun since they are ARPGs, but I don't imagine they'll fill much of an MMO void, either way.

    I still believe Crowfall will be a trainwreck.

    There's no way SoL releases this year.  I mean @Renfail is like the only guy actively working on the game at any progressive rate, last I heard.

    I'm mainly interested in CU, but honestly, more for the crafting and other unique systems than the PvP itself.  It's also another game that probably won't release this year.
  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 15,365
    Ugh, none of these options are appealing to me. What a bleak landscape.
    I know this already before reading what is inside the article because i am ALWAYS looking for a new game ,let alone mmo and there is just nothing that looks promising.
    The key is NOT weather these games release,it is more importantly in what state and do they offer ANYTHING new that we don't already have?

    An example of the trash that is coming out over and over.So i am waiting to see what Nexxon actuall y releases to butcher FFXI or maybe they won't butcher it and comes out really good,maybe better than the original FFXI.
    Sooooo while i am waiting,they send out  a notice to this site we will get something wtf BBQ...sigh,drops head .

    It is seriously an epidemic right now developers are just whipping out ANYTHING they can make real fast and real cheap.The ONLY reason we are seeing any delays or timelines is those devs are either super unorganized or grinding out as much money as they can from crowd funding.This is because as a crowd funded game failure means money completely stops,otherwise they can keep baiting people in with promises.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • madazzmadazz A town, ONMember UncommonPosts: 1,936
    edited January 2
    Torchlight has already been confirmed to not be an MMO. Why in the fuck are you still pushing it as one? Do you consider the max 14 players instanced "open world" sections to be massively multiplayer? Or is it the 4-6 player dungeons that are massively multiplayer? Hmm?
    Post edited by madazz on
    Gdemami
  • madazzmadazz A town, ONMember UncommonPosts: 1,936


    At this point only interested in Anthem, Division 2, maybe Destiny 3. Not true MMOs I know.



    Not just not "true mmos"... they aren't MMO's at all! I hope this helps.
    Gdemami
  • Itchen1000Itchen1000 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    just waiting patiently for pantheon. :) These all have their appeal though. Aside from bless that is.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,792
    Bless Unleashed, A:IR, Astellia, New World and Crowfall for me.
    Xbox One X
    Samsung MU6300 4K HDR  
    Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar





  • CIB3CIB3 new york, NYMember UncommonPosts: 115
    You forgot Star Citizen.

    Edit... Sorry, my mistake, I read the year in your title "2091" instead of "2019". I need new glasses.
    craftseekerAgent_Joseph
  • danwest58danwest58 Cincinnati, OHMember RarePosts: 1,945
    Camelot Unchained is at least 2 years a way.  Right now its a cluster fuck.

    Pantheon is another game 2 years a way.  Its looking good but it needs more time for development

    Ashes of Creation  2 maybe 3 years away.  They need to stop wasting their time with the Battle Royale and just make the dam MMORPG.  They need to expect work that is a waste of time from Indian companies too.   


    For me the next 2 years will be Classic WOW until one of these games come out in a full release that is well polished.  
  • MendelMendel Marietta, GAMember EpicPosts: 2,747
    Rhoklaw said:
    Torval said:
    Will CU be the most anticipated MMO for another year? How many years running can it take the title? Crowfall is hot on its heals. :lol:

    I'm not anticipating any "MMOs". This should be the year of "Put up or shut up" for indie and AAA MMOs.

    Even better, maybe we should just called them dead Jim. They've become low effort high cost respins of things we've already played a hundred times. Add on thoroughly predatory monetization and extensive milking and that's why I'm not looking forward to any of them. I think the genre needs to take an extended sabbatical to figure itself out.
    I agree with pretty much everything you've said, which is precisely why I'm supporting games like Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia. As for Camelot Unchained, I'm no longer a 100% sold on it's core gameplay being enough to sustain it, but we'll see.
    I would agree, but Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia aren't exactly aiming for new and ground-breaking.  Those are the epitome of a "respin of things we've already played a hundred times".  They maybe aren't the low effort, high cost versions, but they are going to feed us with 'more of the same'.

    A sabbatical for the genre sounds like a good idea to me.



    Azaron_NightbladeYashaX

    Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

  • RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXMember EpicPosts: 6,033
    Mendel said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Torval said:
    Will CU be the most anticipated MMO for another year? How many years running can it take the title? Crowfall is hot on its heals. :lol:

    I'm not anticipating any "MMOs". This should be the year of "Put up or shut up" for indie and AAA MMOs.

    Even better, maybe we should just called them dead Jim. They've become low effort high cost respins of things we've already played a hundred times. Add on thoroughly predatory monetization and extensive milking and that's why I'm not looking forward to any of them. I think the genre needs to take an extended sabbatical to figure itself out.
    I agree with pretty much everything you've said, which is precisely why I'm supporting games like Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia. As for Camelot Unchained, I'm no longer a 100% sold on it's core gameplay being enough to sustain it, but we'll see.
    I would agree, but Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia aren't exactly aiming for new and ground-breaking.  Those are the epitome of a "respin of things we've already played a hundred times".  They maybe aren't the low effort, high cost versions, but they are going to feed us with 'more of the same'.

    A sabbatical for the genre sounds like a good idea to me.



    Well, the way MMORPGs work is fundamentally limited. There's only so many things you can add or tweak and still refer to it as an MMORPG. When I look at MMOs coming out over the past 5 years, it's like the RPG was dumped on the curbside for a prettier graphic engine. I will always take gameplay, story and content over 4k HD fluid ultra realistic animations.

    ArcheAge and Black Desert Online are the only 2 MMOs released in the past 5 years that I even consider MMORPGs. Unfortunately, both are plagued with a horrendous cash shopitis. Which brings me to my next point of why I support Pantheon and I believe Saga of Lucimia. Going back to subscription only where everything you earn is done in game only. No more swiping of a credit card to advance your character.

    Sure, Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia aren't bringing anything ground breaking to the table. They might be adding or changing a few elements but overall, they are simply focused on bringing RPG back into the MMO genre.
    craftseekerGdemami

  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Were the two super hero ones being developed left off because they are not expected to be 2019 titles, or were they just overlooked?
  • LtldoggLtldogg Phoenix, AZMember UncommonPosts: 235
    None of these appeal to me. I'm anticipating the next EQ TLP server and especially the 20th year anniversary edition; hopefully Daybreak does the right thing and restores EQ even more to classic (like getting rid of revamped zones!).

    I am looking forward to Pantheon, but that game is at least 2+ years away.
  • jahlonjahlon Starbucks, OHMember UncommonPosts: 242
    Pretty much discarded this entire article.

    When you decided what games you don't think will be coming out in 2019, but then you say even games on your own list may not be coming out in 2019, I have to wonder what the point of the article was.

    Its not up to a media outlet to decide if a publishers target release date is believable. If the publisher is saying 2019, then rack and stack them in 2019. That way at the end of 2019 when it doesn't launch you've just created you a news story 12 months in advance.
    RenfailTorvalAzaron_Nightbladetweedledumb99
    Jahlon The Legendary Clicker
    Founder of the Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox YouTube Channel 
  • Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    These comments are indicative of, if not proof that, MMORPGs are all but a dead genre. Fickle, picky, whiny, and stupid gamers; none of which know what they want. Good god. The last 2 gens of people are so pathetic.
    Anyways, CU and torchlight look awesome. Bless Unleashed seems like it might be the final nail in the coffin of bless online PC. Bet theyll make a pc port and make uz switch to it. Which is fine. But add a damn greatsword class and a claw class!
    KalebGrayson
Sign In or Register to comment.