Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The guy that posted the bullying post on LOL forums has been suspended till 1st january 2019

katarnrulkatarnrul Member UncommonPosts: 51
Hi,

The guy that has posted the posts about LOL reporting system punishes victims and supports bullying occurring in the game got suspended till 1st January 2019.

Here is the official post of someone raising the point:

Here is the post transcript:

Rynor has been suspended till 1st January 2019 for asking questions and making a post to show evidence.

People attacking him on the board haven't got any suspensions or anything. Link where people insults him.

He asked a question to Riot games and get suspended here.

The posts that have deleted screens are here.

Do you guys think there is any fairness in this?

Gdemami

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    edited December 2018
    So he got suspended for arguing against the mods on whether he's allowed to call people bigots on their forums?

Imho the only thing wrong with that suspension is that it's not long enough.
    KyleranGdemami

• katarnrulkatarnrul Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Vrika said:
    So he got suspended for arguing against the mods on whether he's allowed to call people bigots on their forums?

He seems to have been suspended for asking Riot Games how calling someone that insult him toxic a bigot offensive and explains what a bigot mean.
    The chat was here in the link below last time I had seen it.
    Gdemami
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well there is a lot of truth in that whole drama and that is the developer will ALWAYS pick n choose even if the rules are broken.
    I will use a couple examples i have personally seen and is FACT.I have seen a thread with several posts in it asking for help on weather a bug or as designed,people were confused.Not one single response by anyone from the dev team for like a month.Then one day one person posts their anger towards nobody responding to any threads so the entire forum was just a fake support system.Well sure enough who shows up,a GM to respond,never gave two shits to respond over an entire month but say one bad thing and they all of a sudden CARE.

Second scenario.A certain game forum had VERY strict rules,imo ridiculous but whatever.So the rules was NOBODY is allowed to say anything about any GM's/mods.So then one person says the gm's are doing a bad job with the forums and sure enough,who arrives a GM to hand out a ban.Next day several people show up to congrats the gm which is responded to by saying Thank you thank you.So the point is yeah you can break the rules if you are saying nothing but nice things,giving props even where perhaps they are NOT justified.

Bottom line is that people are just people,nothing changes just because they are a developer or an employee,they all can be ass hats just like any forum user and break their own rules etc etc.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    katarnrul said:
    Vrika said:

He seems to have been suspended for asking Riot Games how calling someone that insult him toxic a bigot offensive and explains what a bigot mean.
    It looks like he wrote
      "My comment stating you are a "bigot" got deleted. @Riot Games bigot means .... That isn't an insult any way"

That's not phrased as a question. It's phrased as an argument against Riot Games moderation, it being done publicly, and it looks like he also managed indirectly tell his victim that the victim is a bigot again immediately after being moderated once for telling so.

The ban was deserved, only too short.

KyleranGdemami

• InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Honestly the attacks on him shouldn't be banned. They are weak. In the linked post.

One said he was full of shit
    One said he was toxic
    One called him a salty young adult

You can make an argument for deleting the full of shit comment. But none of these are attacks on the level they need to be banned.

I haven't been following this much, because I have no real interest in league. But it seems like the OP made a typical mistake. If you make a post and don't gain a majority support. drop the subject. Feels like he didn't drop it.
    JeffSpicoliKylerannatpick
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    First link is dead......

Second link where he was being "attacked"....really?  You call that being attacked?  My god you millennials....i don't even.....
    KyleranTinkerBellCommando
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    LOL is a game run by douchebags for douchebags......

I am honestly surprised people continue to play and have not went to one of the other million MOBA out there.  But people capacity to be assholes knows no boundaries on the interweb. 
    There is no other MOBA to compete with LoL, only Dota, smite and hots are jokes compared to those mentioned and rest of MOBA's don't even deserve mentioning, it's not competition...I will even admit Dota is great, love some mechanics there, but i can't stand it's quite slow game and i feel like playing with some kind of input delay, hard to explain...LoL is really quick and smooth/responsive to me so yeah, that's why it's my number 1...btw I still have lots of hours played on Dota :)...I'd love some mix of Dota and LoL but i can't see it coming.
    Gdemami
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927
    edited December 2018
    katarnrul said:
    Hi,

The guy that has posted the posts about LOL reporting system punishes victims and supports bullying occurring in the game got suspended till 1st January 2019.

Rynor has been suspended till 1st January 2019 for asking questions and making a post to show evidence.

People attacking him on the board haven't got any suspensions or anything. Link where people insults him.

No fairness at all.  By only banning him a few days they have not taught him any life lessons and this poor person is going to really struggle in the real world by always trying to find someone else to blame their failures on.  

This coddling and safe space stuff is going to be our ultimate downfall as a society.  I really wonder what The Greatest Generation thinks when they look at how weak and soft we have become and how we have squandered what they sacrificed for.  
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]ConstantineMerusVrikaKyleranTinkerBellCommandoPemminGdemaminatpick

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I am just eagerly awaiting to see if the internet claps back or throws some shade on this
    Slapshot1188
    Myrdynn said:
    I am just eagerly awaiting to see if the internet claps back or throws some shade on this
    Has Chrissy Tiegen weighed in yet?
    Myrdynn

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    katarnrul said:
    Hi,

No fairness at all.  By only banning him a few days they have not taught him any life lessons and this poor person is going to really struggle in the real world by always trying to find someone else to blame their failures on.  

This coddling and safe space stuff is going to be our ultimate downfall as a society.  I really wonder what The Greatest Generation thinks when they look at how weak and soft we have become and how we have squandered what they sacrificed for.  
    It will be very interesting to see how the kids of the millennial's & Gen Z turn out..... If history has taught us anything its every generation rebels against the one before it. 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    katarnrul said:
    Hi,

The greatest generation likely realizes they were as much a product of the necessity of the time as they were some kind of inherently superior generation to the rest of the humans.

As such, I doubt they would lament it as much as you seem to think.

Most of the men (and women) I met that were involved in wars (running the gamut of wars) don't ever want to go back, nor do they ever want to see anyone else have to endure such a thing.  They don't pretend to have some sort of preternatural ability or disposition no other generation possesses or can possess.

EDIT- I don't know if the millennial bashers actually realize this, but the two longest wars of this country's history are being fought, primarily, by millennials.  This is in spite of the fact that the previous generations left us the worst economic recession since the Great Depression and put us in a position where, for the first time in generations, we stand to make less while doing more than the generation before us.
    KyleranGdemami

• AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Somehow the guy thinks that calling someone else a bigot isn't insulting?

Justified suspension without a doubt.
    KyleranNorseGod
    katarnrul said:
    Hi,

The greatest generation likely realizes they were as much a product of the necessity of the time as they were some kind of inherently superior generation to the rest of the humans.

Most of the men (and women) I met that were involved in wars (running the gamut of wars) don't ever want to go back, nor do they ever want to see anyone else have to endure such a thing.  They don't pretend to have some sort of preternatural ability or disposition no other generation possesses or can possess.

EDIT- I don't know if the millennial bashers actually realize this, but the two longest wars of this country's history are being fought, primarily, by millennials.  This is in spite of the fact that the previous generations left us the worst economic recession since the Great Depression and put us in a position where, for the first time in generations, we stand to make less while doing more than the generation before us.
    I don’t think you really understood the point and I’m not going to derail but suffice to say there is a fundamental difference between a volunteer and a draft.   It wasn’t too long ago (and well after the Greatest Generation) That our presidents said things like: Ask not what your country can do for you but rather what you can do for your country.  

And for the record, I’m not calling out any generation.  Every generation since The Greatest has fallen far short, and that includes my own.

ConstantineMerusGdemami

Vrika said:
    katarnrul said:
    Vrika said:

It looks like he wrote
      "My comment stating you are a "bigot" got deleted. @Riot Games bigot means .... That isn't an insult any way"

That's not phrased as a question. It's phrased as an argument against Riot Games moderation, it being done publicly, and it looks like he also managed indirectly tell his victim that the victim is a bigot again immediately after being moderated once for telling so.

The ban was deserved, only too short.

He stated that it wasn't an insult. How is calling someone that call him toxic a bigot?

He deserved a longer ban for that? lol That doesn't make sense.
    Gdemami
    Interitus said:
    Honestly the attacks on him shouldn't be banned. They are weak. In the linked post.

One said he was toxic

You can make an argument for deleting the full of shit comment. But none of these are attacks on the level they need to be banned.

I haven't been following this much, because I have no real interest in league. But it seems like the OP made a typical mistake. If you make a post and don't gain a majority support. drop the subject. Feels like he didn't drop it.

Calling someone a "bigot" is worst than this three and deserve a suspension from the board?

This game's company look deceitful from banning people over this.
    Gdemami
    crankked said:
    First link is dead......

Second link where he was being "attacked"....really?  You call that being attacked?  My god you millennials....i don't even.....

The post seem to have been deleted and he got suspended from the forums lol.

I agree with you, what kind of people ban someone with stupid words like that.
    edited December 2018
    kertin said:
    LOL is a game run by douchebags for douchebags......

I am honestly surprised people continue to play and have not went to one of the other million MOBA out there.  But people capacity to be assholes knows no boundaries on the interweb. 
    There is no other MOBA to compete with LoL, only Dota, smite and hots are jokes compared to those mentioned and rest of MOBA's don't even deserve mentioning, it's not competition...I will even admit Dota is great, love some mechanics there, but i can't stand it's quite slow game and i feel like playing with some kind of input delay, hard to explain...LoL is really quick and smooth/responsive to me so yeah, that's why it's my number 1...btw I still have lots of hours played on Dota :)...I'd love some mix of Dota and LoL but i can't see it coming.

What about Paladins? Do you know if it is good?
    katarnrul said:
    Hi,

Looks more that Riot Games don't have any facts and ban people like him because they are childish and clueless. They  sexually harassed and fart on their own employees lol. What do you expect from a company like that?

Gdemami

The person was calling that guy toxic and he called him a bigot. That deserve a suspension?

What kind special snow flake are you lol?
    Gdemami
    edited December 2018
    katarnrul said:

The person was calling that guy toxic and he called him a bigot. That deserve a suspension?

What kind special snow flake are you lol?
    I’m gonna guess you’re “the guy”.  Or at least someone that was similarly banned as you have a total of 3 threads and they are all about the same subject.
    KyleranConstantineMerus

edited December 2018
    katarnrul said:
    Hi,

I don’t think you really understood the point and I’m not going to derail but suffice to say there is a fundamental difference between a volunteer and a draft.   It wasn’t too long ago (and well after the Greatest Generation) That our presidents said things like: Ask not what your country can do for you but rather what you can do for your country.  

And for the record, I’m not calling out any generation.  Every generation since The Greatest has fallen far short, and that includes my own.

Those sound bytes live through history, but is that truly indicative of the entire voice of that generation at the time?

And yes, (not to downplay those who were drafted) there is a difference between a volunteer and a draftee: one willingly, and without extrinsic pressure, submits to making the sacrifice for one's country, the other is compelled by the country's law.  Were you implying the draftee is inherently superior in nobility?  Because, logically, it seems the opposite would be true.

My counter-point is this idea that society is going into the shitter because "x" new idea or zeitgeist you disagree with seems a disingenuous view, if only because no one individual can actually speak for the entirety of society as if they know what society should be.
    Gdemami

Thats your perspective :)

In WW2 close to 12% of the US population was drafted or volunteered.  Today it's .4%
    Hats off to those that serve and served.  Veterans are just about the only charity I will regularly give to and we do not give them the honor or respect they deserve. 

I'll just say that I am quite confident that 70 or 80 years ago people were capable of dealing with adversity without safe spaces or crying that someone said they were full of shit...

That's my perspective.

But enough about generations. I think I made my point and I think you have made your thoughts known.  I will reiterate that I think, regardless of whether its a generational thing or not, this cry-baby got what he deserved and probably should have gotten more.

ConstantineMerusGdemami

edited December 2018
    Fair enough; I think you're underplaying the the effects of the environment at the time.

As for this guy; it's a non-issue.  Riot can foster whatever community they like within the boundaries of the law, regardless of how it compares to society at large.  And by that I mean: I don't think it deserves a thread here.
    NorseGod

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    katarnrul said:
    Interitus said:

One said he was toxic

Calling someone a "bigot" is worst than this three and deserve a suspension from the board?

This game's company look deceitful from banning people over this.
    The first could arguably be statements of "fact" based on the entire conversation which isn't readily apparent from the presented evidence.

Calling any of the three bigots is an inaccurate insult based on what is stated above vs this definition of the word and ban worthy should Riot so choose.

"a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot

Interitus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

This discussion has been closed.