Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlas Players Will Continue to See Rapid Iterations, Updates & Daily Deployments - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Mikeha said:
    Been watching some videos and people seem to be enjoying it.
    How dare you claim that any of the 40k+ people on Steam are actually having any fun at all.  Stop trying to turn the lights out on the current game bashing release party. 
    TokkenAsheramTacticalZombeh
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    MaxBacon said:
    Mikeha said:
    Been watching some videos and people seem to be enjoying it.
    Yup, around here people find this more fun than Ark, have already seen people starting to sail off islands to go trade on other parts of the map, it's stuff the MMO and world scale of it add to a way different experience. Also having members on the guilds specializing on their own professions... It's wonky but fun. xD

I've been saying this, Atlas will emerge from the tsunami of hate gamers give it because it's built upon Ark.

It's the wonky Ark Engine and its problems, but that didn't stop Ark from being the immensely popular title that it is, then unlikely it would stop Atlas.
    Ark has 60 people to a server. Atlas tries to cram 150. Even though they try and claim 40K. Ark also has private servers and the map(s) are small enough that that can work. But Atlas is huge and while some people are trying to run their own Atlas servers at best its for simple PvE RP, or maybe if a guy has a HUGE streamer pool of subs and can get a few hundred it might be not boring for a little bit.

Official server rules are dogshit thats why no one played on official servers.

Everyone looks at ARK through those rose tinted glasses that were colored by awesome mods, pretty decent private servers, and while it was EA pretty steady schedule of updates that when they worked did make the game a little better.

Once Atlas implements everything (including the dragons) you will see a mass exodus from this game especially on official servers. No one is going to grind 12-14 hours to build a schooner (and thats if you have a pretty big group) only to have someone come by and sink it with a dragon in 30 seconds. Its bad enough with the broken NPC spawns they still have. Zoning into new maps is a coin flip at best. 
    mmolou
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I thought this game was early access?
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2018
    I brought the game today and im having a blast. admittedly im playing on unofficial server but i wanted to learn the ropes so to speak, hopefully they will sort out the official servers in a while and ill start over on one. i really dont see all the fuss the game looks really good and it only cost £20 the price of a fairly cheap dlc but it is more than just a dlc for one theres no Dinosaurs. given time i think this will be a great game these guys are their to make money and i dont begrudge them having my £20 ive brought far worse and ofc its on steam so you do get a chance to refund. anyway ive said my piece now back to Atlas cheers
    Me too brother me too, tip an ale to my pet chicken Ser Clucksalot, died to a filthy vulture he did, was good company for his last voyage.

I need to get an audio book for some of these voyages ;)
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Can't wait for the next fail to come along so I can stop hearing about this game.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited December 2018
    Man I hate crocodiles.

Post edited by Asheram on
    Tokken
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,985
    Utinni said:
    It is, come back in 6 months + time when it launches.
    This is about outsmarting the programs. Got a body with valuable stuff on it thats being camped by what killed it and 2 other mobs- run in on next body draw them off till it dies to be camped while you get your goods back.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Grapeshot games made Atlas,they had NO part in making ARK,they are NOT the team that makes the decisions,Kayd and Studio Wildcard are the people in charge.

So this article is saying the DEVELOPMENT team>>> "Grapeshot games"are in charge and know exactly what will happen,i think NOT.
    Studio Wildcard "Kayd" could simply say,we don't need this development team anymore,we can handle the rest with a small handful of people.

So for this article/statement to have ANY accuracy,the word of mouth would have to come from the actual guy in charge KAYD or Studio Wildcard and not some sub contractor.

Devs say lots of things,we have learned to only react to what we SEE and not what they promise.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    "Shitty game says it will get better! News at 11!"
    ScotAlmostLancelot
  • tomek2626tomek2626 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    i read and cant bolive you still fall for this carap eraly acess scam if yo usell game then if it from begining not new game but jsut reskin haw can you see it ff erly acces it is scam tahy will post pond it so long til thay got tahy pay cheek and abond it like all others erly acces we got so far this cra eraly acces shid be baned imidetly it only alow to scam gamers whit not punishment 15 year ego this eppol wuld be sued fro fraud and put to jail new it legal buslhiet i call it
    AlmostLancelotDarkEvilHatredTokken
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    tomek2626 said:
    i read and cant bolive you still fall for this carap eraly acess scam if yo usell game then if it from begining not new game but jsut reskin haw can you see it ff erly acces it is scam tahy will post pond it so long til thay got tahy pay cheek and abond it like all others erly acces we got so far this cra eraly acces shid be baned imidetly it only alow to scam gamers whit not punishment 15 year ego this eppol wuld be sued fro fraud and put to jail new it legal buslhiet i call it
    Dear god, please learn to spell... and to use punctuation. This was painful to read.
    Tokken

• DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229
    edited January 2019
    I still can't get over the fact that this entire game was supposed to be a FREE expansion/addition to Ark that season pass holders would have gotten for free. Instead, they decided they would launch it as if it were a full new game so they could fuel their greed. Whatever dev left that Ark page in the game is no longer employed, I bet!

I have three letters to sum up what I think of this company... P O S

I'm glad as hell I didn't buy Atlas and waited to see how it launched and what the reviews said! No more impulse buying for me. I learned my lesson years ago. Time to let developers know we won't pay for EA or pre-order BS. We need to keep our money in our pockets until we know for sure a game is worthy of our money. Let the reviewers get the games first and after we watch several REAL reviews, we can decide if we will spend our money. Until a majority of people stop throwing their money at SHITE games, devs will continue to screw us for all we are worth!!!

By the way, this article reads as if MMORPG.COM was paid to publish this crap!

Seems it's not just greedy devs raking in every penny they can....
    lahnmirmmolouTokken
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited January 2019
    I still can't get over the fact that this entire game was supposed to be a FREE expansion/addition to Ark that season pass holders would have gotten for free. Instead, they decided they would launch it as if it were a full new game so they could fuel their greed. Whatever dev left that Ark page in the game is no longer employed, I bet!

I have three letters to sum up what I think of this company... P O S

I'm glad as hell I didn't buy Atlas and waited to see how it launched and what the reviews said! No more impulse buying for me. I learned my lesson years ago. Time to let developers know we won't pay for EA or pre-order BS. We need to keep our money in our pockets until we know for sure a game is worthy of our money. Let the reviewers get the games first and after we watch several REAL reviews, we can decide if we will spend our money. Until a majority of people stop throwing their money at SHITE games, devs will continue to screw us for all we are worth!!!

By the way, this article reads as if MMORPG.COM was paid to publish this crap!

Seems it's not just greedy devs raking in every penny they can....
    You’re really upset over a lot of assumptions....

Also, accusing the other party of dishonesty because you don’t agree with them is getting old, and is, ironically, quite a dishonest thing to do .

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    mmolou
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Scot said:
    Utinni said:
    It is, come back in 6 months + time when it launches.
    Probably 2 years.... to launch.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!