Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online Captains to Face Off Against the Tzenkethi - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Trek Online Captains to Face Off Against the Tzenkethi - MMORPG.com

From today through December 31st, Star Trek Online captains can face off against the Tzenkethi during a special Red Alert event. During the Tzenkethi Red Alert, teams of five are tasked with stopping the "genocidal Tzenkethi" from unleashing a super weapon at unprepared planets.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Game has degraded to the point where I've skipped its new year event farm for the first time since 2012. And it look like it wasn't only me - event zone chat was barely alive when I've logged in to check it.

Thank you for your time!

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Can we please kill this game and let someone else make a Star Trek MMO that isn't this mess.
    Maurgrimpsychosiz1Huntrezz[Deleted User]Panserbjorne39meonthissite
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99

Can we please kill this game and let someone else make a Star Trek MMO that isn't this mess.

and star wars.
    Alomar[Deleted User]
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    edited December 2018

and star wars.

and Firefly
  • demadildemadil Member UncommonPosts: 88

Keller said:

and star wars.

and Firefly

And babylon 5
  • demadildemadil Member UncommonPosts: 88

demadil said:

Keller said:

and star wars.

and Firefly

And babylon 5

Stargate
    Alomar
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

I'm not even sure why this is being published as news. This is just a repeat Red Alert, out of a handful, that has already been done before. The Tzenkethi Red Alert was fun the last time, but again, unless Cryptic has changed it noticeably why broadcast this?

"... this TFO rewards 35 marks, and has no cool-down." This was a change Cryptic did to players awhile back, the no cool-down is nice, but to compensate Cryptic cut-down drastically the amount of rewards earned per play-through so in the end you have to spend lots more time to earn the same amount you used to. & this is all while hopefully the other 4 players will participate.

Cryptic seems to work more upon the gambling mechanics in STO than actually adding content nowadays which is a shame.

Stargate could've been such a good mmo.
    Gdemami
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

demadil said:

demadil said:

Keller said:

and star wars.

and Firefly

And babylon 5

Stargate

and Battlestar galactica not the browser thingy.
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430

I'm not even sure why this is being published as news. This is just a repeat Red Alert, out of a handful, that has already been done before. The Tzenkethi Red Alert was fun the last time, but again, unless Cryptic has changed it noticeably why broadcast this?

"... this TFO rewards 35 marks, and has no cool-down." This was a change Cryptic did to players awhile back, the no cool-down is nice, but to compensate Cryptic cut-down drastically the amount of rewards earned per play-through so in the end you have to spend lots more time to earn the same amount you used to. & this is all while hopefully the other 4 players will participate.

Cryptic seems to work more upon the gambling mechanics in STO than actually adding content nowadays which is a shame.

They aren't adding content? Cryptic added Jem'Hadar playable characters with it's own episode arc in 2018. Plus Gamma Quadrant missions with lots to do there. Do you even play Star Trek Online?
    chrisnyc48Slapshot1188
  • mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    been there done that they just keep recycling crap with new skins or rep to grind.. please just let it die
    Harikengastovski1sumdumguy1Sal1Panserbjorne39
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Haven't they already faced them? Wasn't there an episode about them?
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    kan't vait for nev vinter event ship. itz very much op.
  • chrisnyc48chrisnyc48 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited December 2018
    A game shouldn't be shutdown simply because it has detractors. I happen to love the game and have been playing it since 2011. Every game isn't going to satisfy every gamer but I've always found it odd when some people feel that a game they don't enjoy specifically shouldn't exist. Obviously it has enough fans who enjoy it enough to keep it going with updates and improvements all of these years.

Indeed, some people live to complain almost non stop about what they don't like or appreciate. Understandable in some cases. I certainly wouldn't go on about ending a game that others enjoy based solely on my own personal feelings about it. I'd choose to play a different game. If you don't like the game, you are free to make other choices.  I'll continue to enjoy myself with it.

Sal1sumdumguy1psychosiz1HuntrezzPanserbjorne39
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I went back and tried it a year or so again back when they were having the Mirror Universe stuff.  Mirror Mirror is my favorite episode from TOS.  I just couldn't do it.  Played for about an hour and gave up again.

Sal1sumdumguy1

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• chrisnyc48chrisnyc48 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Sal1 said:

They aren't adding content? Cryptic added Jem'Hadar playable characters with it's own episode arc in 2018. Plus Gamma Quadrant missions with lots to do there. Do you even play Star Trek Online?
    Some people are never satisfied no matter what the case may be. I recall a few weeks ago having a conversation with an individual who stated they were back in the game after having left in 2012. Although there had been a multitude of changes made, this person was upset that MORE hadn't changed as well.

Again, some people are never, ever satisfied...and I don't think they want to be because if they were, they wouldn't have anything to complain about and for them, that simply won't do.
    Sal1Huntrezzsumdumguy1
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    edited December 2018
    This game is just bad, bad bad bad.  Kill it and give us a decent Star Trek Game, its not too much to ask!
    Sal1Huntrezzsumdumguy1gastovski1Panserbjorne39
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    Sal1 said:

Sal1, try to reread & comprehend because I never stated they (Cryptic) aren't adding content.  I stated it seems Cryptic is more focused on adding gambling mechanics that actually adding content nowadays.

The Jem'Hadar episode arc added only a handful of brand new missions let alone the Jem'Hadar aren't, sometimes, considered a complete addition since they began at level 50.  I'm surprised you didn't the so awesome playable Discovery character addition too lol since the upcoming Discovery content is probably the reason the Jem'Hadar content got cut-short.

Yeah, I've played off & on since STO went F2P & splashed down money into it more than I'd like to admit, but no $ for a long time now.  Admit it fan boi, STO is & has been coasting for the last couple of years.  That doesn't make it a terrible game but it definitely doesn't make it a better game.

So back to the original article & statement & question, this isn't new content with anything new is it?  It's just another recycled Red Alert that we had had before.  Perhaps the better news is for the next couple of days we get exp bonus.  I'm even a couple of days away from earning the S'torr which I applaud since it wasn't just another intertwined Breen ship. 
    Sal1Gdemami
  • jaymesbondjaymesbond Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Game is winding down.

Less and less content is released each year compared to previous years.  Compare the Victory is Life "expansion" and the Agents of Yesterday "expansion" with Delta Rising and Legacy of Romulus.  When I say "content," I mean actual story missions or activities, not ships or these incredibly generic team missions where you shoot things for 15 minutes.
  • berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    star trek? isn't that an intergalatic CSI police?

Beta tester maniac

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Sal1 said:

Sal1, try to reread & comprehend because I never stated they (Cryptic) aren't adding content.  I stated it seems Cryptic is more focused on adding gambling mechanics that actually adding content nowadays.

The Jem'Hadar episode arc added only a handful of brand new missions let alone the Jem'Hadar aren't, sometimes, considered a complete addition since they began at level 50.  I'm surprised you didn't the so awesome playable Discovery character addition too lol since the upcoming Discovery content is probably the reason the Jem'Hadar content got cut-short.

Yeah, I've played off & on since STO went F2P & splashed down money into it more than I'd like to admit, but no $ for a long time now.  Admit it fan boi, STO is & has been coasting for the last couple of years.  That doesn't make it a terrible game but it definitely doesn't make it a better game.

So back to the original article & statement & question, this isn't new content with anything new is it?  It's just another recycled Red Alert that we had had before.  Perhaps the better news is for the next couple of days we get exp bonus.  I'm even a couple of days away from earning the S'torr which I applaud since it wasn't just another intertwined Breen ship. 
    I'll admit nothing of the kind. I am having fun playing this game. My Fleet (guild) is still adding new players. There are ton's of players online every day. We are enjoying this MMO. Go play another game and take your negativity there with you.
    Slapshot1188GdemamiRenanton[Deleted User]
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917

I'd normally agree but the idiots at CBS would put out something far far WORSE at this point especially since they own the rights! Until someone takes the rights from them or they finally sell the rights, we can't expect better because CBS already screwed up the latest show, we're waiting on a look at just how bad the Picard show is going to be before it airs! We need to proceed with caution before making those demands!

I'm no fan of Cryptic but right now CBS has even worse management even with Les Moonves fired!