Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bill Murphy - My Wants for Fallout 76 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBill Murphy - My Wants for Fallout 76 - MMORPG.com

The launch of Fallout 76 has been... well let’s just say that I doubt it went the way Bethesda was hoping. But as a fan of two MMOs that have really turned things around through communication and perseverance (FFXIV and ESO), I’m hopeful that 2019 could bring good things to Fallout 76. It’s not a quick road back to the good graces of angry gamers, but the following is a list of things that I’d like to see from the dev team in the new year.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Need rebalance many things-perks/mutations/leg. equipment, food-drink effect/drugs/durations/repair/ deffencive vs offencive effects etc. + mb need add some sort of specialization perks (for better group def.) and possible raid / clan content.
    + perfomance(many works in this direction)
    Kyleran
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    ... and an unbugged partridge in a pine tree.
    KyleranScotTacticalZombeh

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    just let it die.
    doomexKyleranSamhaelTezcatlapoccawinghaven1Agent_Joseph
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    My wants for Fallout 76:

* An apology for the deceptive marketing and poor quality control.

* Legal ramifications for the customer support data leaks.

* Bethesda to publicly disown the Creation Engine and license or develop a new engine for Starfield and TES6.
    TacticalZombehKyleranFacelessSavior
  • jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I'm a simple guy. I want an apology for sale 3 weeks after launch. I shouldn't pay 60 dollars for a product then have it drop in price by half. Most companies do a 14-30 day price match. Bethesda says to bad so sad. Even if it was somthing that didnt cost them such as atomic points I would have been happy. But no, I can't have that. Never paying another penny to this shit company. I'll only ever buy a game from them in the resale market. (Zenimax online I will buy from though since I love eso.)
    KyleranFacelessSavior
    edited December 2018
    Honestly, I think Bethesda only exists to publish Id Software games at this point. Kind of like how the only value that Sega contributes anymore is through Atlus games.

Aeander said:

Honestly, I think Bethesda only exists to publish Id Software games at this point. Kind of like how the only value that Sega contributes anymore is through Atlas games.

To bad I only care about 2 of those games (Quake and Doom) Wolfenstein went from 10/10 in the new order, to 4/10 political preaching in one sequel.
    This video does a great job of showing whats wrong with the series.
    (Honestly though 1:50-2:30 is all you really need to see.)

MrMelGibsonKyleran
    edited December 2018
    jj7009 said:

Aeander said:

Honestly, I think Bethesda only exists to publish Id Software games at this point. Kind of like how the only value that Sega contributes anymore is through Atlas games.

To bad I only care about 2 of those games (Quake and Doom) Wolfenstein went from 10/10 in the new order, to 4/10 political preaching in one sequel.
    I don't care about "political preaching." The real concern for Wolfenstein 2 is its poor map design and short length, which could easily reduce it to a 6/10 on its own.

Still better than Fallout 70-shits.
    MrMelGibsonKyleran

Aeander said:

jj7009 said:

Aeander said:

I don't care about "political preaching." The real concern for Wolfenstein 2 is its poor map design and short length, which could easily reduce it to a 6/10 on its own.

Still better than Fallout 70-shits.

You know readying my first comment in quotes it kinda comes off as antagonistic I’m sorry about that.

Back to that point though the guns also lost all of the cool customization and outlandishness. I want a lightning shot gun not a shotgun that does slightly more damage. Overall gameplay and story wise it just felt like a down grade.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    I want Bethesda to offer full (cash) refunds regardless of how long people played it. Then to those players remaining, I want Bethesda to make the game that was worth the money the players paid for it. I also want the executives in the company to pay the full penalty under the law for their deceptive advertising and other illegal activity. If that means jail time, good. We need to send a message to businesses that the law applies to them too.
    Kyleran
  • Grunt350Grunt350 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    The dismissal of Todd Howard.
    [Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Wouldn't it have been lovely if this was designed as a full game instead of a fallout 4 mode for some quick cash? Oh well....
    FacelessSavior
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    I just rolled up a personal game i enjoy "Dishonored"published by Bethesda.
    I was going to write off Bethesda/Zeni as being as bad as the rest of them,releasing garbage,bugs,unfinished or lacking in content.However Dishonored plays great,i love it albeit we are going back several years now so just maybe Zeni/Bethesda have decided to join the realm of releasing crap.
    I mean how much did FO76 make ,MILLIONS for a pile of crap game that imo is worth about $10 tops.

So if they can make millions off of what looks like 1 year of work ,there is no incentive or push to do better.ANother problem is TOO many people told them FO1 was great so they said,hmm well lets just whip out game after game and rely on the title.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    I just rolled up a personal game i enjoy "Dishonored"published by Bethesda.
    I was going to write off Bethesda/Zeni as being as bad as the rest of them,releasing garbage,bugs,unfinished or lacking in content.However Dishonored plays great,i love it albeit we are going back several years now so just maybe Zeni/Bethesda have decided to join the realm of releasing crap.
    I mean how much did FO76 make ,MILLIONS for a pile of crap game that imo is worth about $10 tops.

So if they can make millions off of what looks like 1 year of work ,there is no incentive or push to do better.ANother problem is TOO many people told them FO1 was great so they said,hmm well lets just whip out game after game and rely on the title.
    As I said above. Bethesda has been a great publisher but a poor developer these past few years.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    My list of improvements would include:
    1) Options for the player to dial down or tun off the survival mechanics, I don't want to be forced to devote many of my early Perk card choices to finding ways to eliminate or make them them less hateful.
    2) Let me pick from the full list of available perk cards in my level range ever time I level up, I like building my character my way, don't make me wait for the RNG gods to smile on me.
    3) As Bill said, bring out NPC's from the other factions, lots of ways this can be accomplished lore wise, so let's see the return of the Responders and other factions.
    4) Let me sell or scrap extra ammo, weird how in FO 4 I could barely keep myself stocked up, but in this game I've got to toss it away being it's pointless waste of stash space.
    5) Speaking of which, give me more Stash space, sell it to me if necessary, but I can't survive (ha) on a 600 pound limit.
    Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    For a second as I was glancing at the front page I thought it said -My.com wants to buy fallout 76.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Aeander said:
    My wants for Fallout 76:

* An apology for the deceptive marketing and poor quality control.

* Legal ramifications for the customer support data leaks.

* Bethesda to publicly disown the Creation Engine and license or develop a new engine for Starfield and TES6.
    I'd be happy with the last 2. Apologies really mean nothing and for some reason developed countries still demand them as if it was some kind of magical word to fix everything. One action is worth more than a thousand apologies.

• wildarms2wildarms2 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    i still play fallout 76 but taking few weeks off till they fix some of the more annoying bugs
    playing FF14 are group is more now playing it over the other game they were playing just a week ago . the hype for the blue mage is spreading 4.5 who knew

moo all

• BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    "My Wants for Fallout 76"

AHAHAHAH!

You should write em an essay, then they will definitely put all these things into the F76.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/a9hhqj/bethesda_is_unbanning_modders_from_fallout_76_but/
  • MowzerMowzer Member UncommonPosts: 78
    The sooner they get the private servers and modding up and running, the sooner the game will find redemption and be awesome.
    Theres so many modders chomping at the bit to make new game modes, new ways to build and play, theres even a guy setting up a mod for a full on roleplay server.
    This game will go from strength to strength once modders have full access to the tools.
  • RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    I can't believe you've actually played this game, if all you want is a couple of content additions. I understand not listing bug fixes, but you leave the impression that, apart from the bug fixes, a few content additions and we're good to go. The reality is that the game is so utterly flawed in most every respect, it can't be fixed in any appreciable way, without scrapping the engine and starting all over.

I mean, let's consider what's wrong with it from a design standpoint, apart from bugs. Have you ever experienced greater load times? Every transition is a roll of the dice that you're going to remain connected but Ok, I said apart from the bugs. It is insane having to wait 2-3 minutes every time you transition from one location to another. Talk about breaking immersion. And the 24 person limit per server, is this part of the Battlecry influence? What kind of "open world" game has 3 minute load screens and 24 player limit?

And then there's the horrible, horrible interface. Consider what it takes to exit a mode on the PC. If you're scrapping at a crafting station, you hit Tab to exit. But if you're at that same crafting station but happen to be repairing instead, you hit ESC to exit. But wait! If you're at that same crafting station and you're actually crafting, you hit Space to exit! And how many times have you been in a mode and hit ESC to exit, only to wind up at the Map, when you didn't want the map? Sigh, it's pathetic.

No, this game doesn't need a couple of content updates to salvage it, it needs a complete overhaul. You mention FFXIV and that's a perfect example of a complete overhaul that saved a game, and did it admirably. If Bethesda has any interest in saving this game, that's what it's going to have to do.

Kyleran

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284

Mowzer said:

The sooner they get the private servers and modding up and running, the sooner the game will find redemption and be awesome.

Theres so many modders chomping at the bit to make new game modes, new ways to build and play, theres even a guy setting up a mod for a full on roleplay server.

This game will go from strength to strength once modders have full access to the tools.

Well this statement goes to show just how bad the game really is. If you need modders to make a AAA, $60 game good, then you know it's a pile of shit.
    Aeander
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I have lost any and all respect and interest I had in anything Bethesda going forward.

You want to call it a 7/10 and enjoy it by all means do so.

I think it's a 3/10 at best.

From the scumbag beta, horrible launch, multitude of bugs, lack of effort and care, zero Quality Assurance, canvas bags, bait and switches, fake sales, the plastic rum bottles, the atomic shop, the week after launch sale, the asset reuse, the outright lies, the misleading marketing, the lawsuits, no FOV slider, and just lazy pathetic embarrassing game itself...

MMO...

24 players...

just LOL

wish I had some eggnog and rum.

Peace.

ArskaaaAeanderKyleran

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    7/10 for this crap, still remember.