Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Escape from Tarkov Update to Include a New Location, Weapons & Equipment - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageNext Escape from Tarkov Update to Include a New Location, Weapons & Equipment - MMORPG.com

Battlestate Games has sent out a brand new video to showcase some of the changes coming to Escape from Tarkov. Most notably, players will have the new Terragroup location to explore along with a number of new weapons and equipment, "Killa" scav boss and more. In addition, the team has promised a large number of bug fixes, technical improvements and feature enhancements.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    edited December 2018
    Being a supporter of Tarkov, I gotta say I am a bit disappointed with the lack of "oomph" behind their updates. It seems every update is just more and more attachments, new ammo rounds, a new weapon and that's really it.

How about animations? The animations look like something a 5 year old could make. The character walk and run animations are horrible. 1st person animations are great but the character animations are horrible. Where's the meat behind the updates? Maps, modes, adding more players per match, etc? Been playing/following the game for 2 years and it feels like the same ole game still with just new shiny toys. Come on Tarkov, you're better than that!
    [Deleted User]
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    edited December 2018
    Did you see that I said maps in my postt? They've added 1 new map in like a year. Anyways, their updates are still lackluster when it comes to the oomph behind them. They add a ton of ammo types, attachments, armor, etc but that only goes so far. Ask any major streamer that plays Tarkov, their updates need more behind them.
  • jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223

Being a supporter of Tarkov, I gotta say I am a bit disappointed with the lack of "oomph" behind their updates. It seems every update is just more and more attachments, new ammo rounds, a new weapon and that's really it.

How about animations? The animations look like something a 5 year old could make. The character walk and run animations are horrible. 1st person animations are great but the character animations are horrible. Where's the meat behind the updates? Maps, modes, adding more players per match, etc? Been playing/following the game for 2 years and it feels like the same ole game still with just new shiny toys. Come on Tarkov, you're better than that!

They added a new map, decided to complain without reading huh?

To bad they engaged in illegal actions towards their content creators. For example one guy had his account hacked and someone purchased 1000$ worth of game keys (Which ended up on g2a days later). And when he told their support they banned him for cheating locking him out of a refund due to xsolla ToS. Anotherr youtuber pointed out their archaic accoutn security and made a public statement asking them to fix it (Never once stating what the problem was directly so as not to expose to those with malicious intent. Keep in mind this person wasn't a troll but a well respected member of their community and one of their biggest content creators.) They then proceded to file 40+ false dmca take downs which they admitted on reddit wasn't due to him violating their ip but due to saying something they considered untrue. They then proceded to say all of this was legal as their Eula and TOS had a stipulation that when you agreed that they owned all instances, phrases, or actions you take or state in regards to their game. Things like this are why Eula and Tos are the toilet paper of us courts and almost never hold up. (In plain speak this is why most Eula or ToS aren't legally binding in the us as they have you sign away rights, which isn't allowed in US contracts.)
  • jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Tl:Dr Battlestate games are a bunch of frauds and cheats who have no problems violating trade law and you or any of their customers rights.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Time to see them threaten anyone that says the update sucks.
  • ichigo901ichigo901 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I have to say as some one who brought their top founders pack i would gladly accept a refund from battle state games because of what they did to Erotic and how the handle everything around that. i also uninstalled the game and refuse to support them in any way.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    I played a game named something Tarkov many years ago,i thought this was same game and some expansion.Odd because i can't find any other game with Tarkov in it,maybe because Google is so infested with this game there is no room left in past searches.

So trying to catch up on this game seems more like drama 101 than anything.
    I see is published by Microsoft so my opinion of Micro of late is they will push games out way too early.

As for drama well my two cents.If i was the owner i feel i know more than enough about gaming that i really don't think i would accept being told by any employee how to do things.I would listen to opinions yes but not just random,i want game to be like WOW sort of random vague ideas.

My two cents is that he/owner was in the right to fire some employees.The most notable is the guy who setup a different place to discuss the game but would not allow the owner access.Well being under NDA you cannot discuss THE GAME with just anyone and not allow the owner to monitor what is being discussed to make sure the NDA is being followed and not think he would be pissed.

What would anyone think if you are discussing his business in a private place behind his back and WHY behind his back?

So yeah just one big dramafest other than that a military game with guns ,not sure it is anything amazing,been there done that.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    is the desync still trash in this? Bought it over a year ago and stopped due to the stupid lag.