Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

err

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Redemp said:
    Installed -  server's not up yet, there's going to be a land rush! =)

Installed already?! Damn I wish I had your internet 5 hours to go for me. :(
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Just started my Download. 20 mins to go. :)
    Asheram

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Asheram said:
    Redemp said:

I feel yah - had horrid internet all my life, moved into a bigger city and the first purchase was a gig connection. It's a whole new world... every game is a snack away.

Asheram[Deleted User]
    Redemp said:
    Asheram said:
    Redemp said:

I feel yah - had horrid internet all my life, moved into a bigger city and the first purchase was a gig connection. It's a whole new world... every game is a snack away.

Can you make your own name or are you tied to your steam name?
    edited December 2018
    Asheram said:
    Redemp said:
    Asheram said:
    Redemp said:

Can you make your own name or are you tied to your steam name?
    Ah not sure yet, think the games still waiting for servers to pop.

New server message : Live at 5:30 ET, so 15 minutes away.

Found a character creation video and you can first and last name which makes me happy.

TokkenOctagon7711[Deleted User]
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    installed , ready to go in the future if it ever comes up. lol
    Asheram

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

DMKano said:
    I will never understand why people put themselves though this 

Its already had a ton of red flags
    Its early access 
    It's been delayed and delayed

Yet people still try to play at zero hour - yeah its gonna be a shit show, why put yourself through that?
    Some of the best times I've had with buddies is during zero hour for games. 

Update your games - new patch and servers live. *We'll see for how long.
    Tokken[Deleted User]
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112
    edited December 2018
    DMKano said:

Its early access 

Yet people still try to play at zero hour - yeah its gonna be a shit show, why put yourself through that?
    There wasn't even a Beta test or trial, just.....U BUY NOW U PLAY WHEN WE SAY! I'm not into survival games, but I hate feeling like I'm missing out on the new cool, but I'm also not stupid enough to throw money at something I've only seen a few screenshots or videos on.
    Octagon7711
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

DMKano said:

Its early access 

But it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exciting! LOL
    craftseeker

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,760
    This is MMO launch day, we already know it goes like this there's no point on being whiny.

After the initial peak it's when servers are more capable in the face of load, MMO's usually fall into the same old rabbit old of doing a ton of servers at launch that after the peak get empty and then they need to merge all.

Atlas could use is of a proper login queue into a freeport the server would only take in what it can handle instead of being overwhelmed with queries.
    Tokken
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    Asheram said:
    Redemp said:

yeah ive been downloading for 3hrs (just over) and only just hit 50% done. Steam servers seam to be getting hammered. As soon as i hit 800kb's to 1mb download it crash's, stops and then takes 5 mins before it starts going again.

Anyways game has issue's since there are limited spawn points, you cannot build on them but only so many are allowed at each spawn point, one has to wait for peeps to vacate before one can log in

yup peeps aint happy but hey i hope it fitters out by the time this downloads and then installs (next year most likely) thx steam LOL

I wonder if the same old excuse will be used.... we didnt know or expect the popularity to exceed this much excuse...
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Coming in reviews are mixed which is not bad for the first hours of a launch, could be better but, not bad.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

I dont mind buying it now even if I cant get in as it is only $25 til January 2nd and even if it is just ark reskinned I like this skin better. I had hoped the Blackwake devs would have done an open world with their game but they expressly stated that that was not their goal and had no intention to go that route.
    Aethaeryn
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    DMKano said:

Its early access 

I am going to check reviews in the AM. . and maybe try tomorrow night.  The reviews will let me know if people are still staring at a login screen :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Asheram said:
    I dont mind buying it now even if I cant get in as it is only $25 til January 2nd and even if it is just ark reskinned I like this skin better. I had hoped the Blackwake devs would have done an open world with their game but they expressly stated that that was not their goal and had no intention to go that route.
    I am in the exact same position.  If it was a pirate DLC for ARK I would have happily paid $25 US.  I know at some point I will get that much out of it.
    AsheramTokken

Coming in reviews are mixed which is not bad for the first hours of a launch, could be better but, not bad.
    No one has played except streamers.  The only positive that didn't seem to be making fun was a Streamer who "received the game for free" although it seems honest enough.  I will wait until people can actually play to read reviews :)
    Octagon7711AsheramPhry

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112
    lol  ( Mostly Negative )  This community my god ....and whatever you do, do not ask a question. I've seen enough, hard pass.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    The launch woes were expected.  The blatant asset recycling (apparently including asset folders still named "ScorchedEarth" and "Aberration") screams lazy flip on what amounts to a conversion ARK mod.  That bothers me much more than any launch issues.

Hopefully as folks progress into the game it sets itself apart more.  Keeping an eye on it, but the apparent lazy reusing of asset data keeps me from wanting to buy right now.
    Phry

The launch woes were expected.  The blatant asset recycling (apparently including asset folders still named "ScorchedEarth" and "Aberration") screams lazy flip on what amounts to a conversion ARK mod.  That bothers me much more than any launch issues.

Hopefully as folks progress into the game it sets itself apart more.  Keeping an eye on it, but the apparent lazy reusing of asset data keeps me from wanting to buy right now.
    I don't see the bother. It has more of its own game by using the same engine as Ark than different battle royale games that are literal copy/pastes.

The scale of the world, the different focused gameplay theme abd the MMO network setup are worth of its own merits.

The copy many assets is just logical to me, re-creating things just for the sake of make them less resembling of Ark on the engine of Ark would be rather pointless. The actual lazy bit is having re-used things that were not good points from Ark, such as its UI.
    [Deleted User]
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Image result for jack sparrow images
    AsheramPhry
    Nyctelios said:
    So, hows the game?
    I played before the launch as the servers broke, and I quite like it.

It's the expectable wonky but it's quite a bunch of content and cool situations such a crewing a ship as it is fighting enemy ships in high sea, it gathers quite a bunch of points there, so I think they have hit a really good gameplay design that will easily make this title mainstream with continuous improvement over the early access period.

Having played Ark I say more fun than Ark. This is more friendly of grouping up and go into some adventure together.
    Tokken
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    MaxBacon said:

I don't see the bother. It has more of its own game by using the same engine as Ark than different battle royale games that are literal copy/pastes.

The scale of the world, the different focused gameplay theme abd the MMO network setup are worth of its own merits.

The copy many assets is just logical to me, re-creating things just for the sake of make them less resembling of Ark on the engine of Ark would be rather pointless. The actual lazy bit is having re-used things that were not good points from Ark, such as its UI.
    Laziness in general is bad.  No need to reinvent the wheel, but it definitely brings the "quality" factor down if many assets are obvious hand-me-downs.

In the end, what will draw me will be the mechanics, which is why I'm keeping an eye on it.  If the mechanics stand out as novel, I'll give it a go.

edited December 2018
    MaxBacon said:

Laziness in general is bad.  No need to reinvent the wheel, but it definitely brings the "quality" factor down if many assets are obvious hand-me-downs.

In the end, what will draw me will be the mechanics, which is why I'm keeping an eye on it.  If the mechanics stand out as novel, I'll give it a go.
    I heard they paid $500,000 dollars to modders for their work through the mod sponsorship program should they not be able to use assets that they paid for in their game?

Would Tabula Risa fans be upset if the game they wish they had back made a similar game with assets from it?
    edited December 2018
    The reviews will be bad at first, many still can't get on.  Error messages, Disconnection issues, Throttling server log in issues (whatever that is?)...... so ppl will be negative. I expect these issues at any game launch. Anyway, When I have been on Atlas it has been very FUN.   I haven't been this excited for a game in a while like I am for Atlas.  Let the haters hate...... I'm taking things in stride.
    Asheram