Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

err

Comments

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    edited December 2018
    Probably ... huge amount of hype, already issues (delays), over estimated server capabilities. It's definitely going to be bumpy.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,880
    edited December 2018
    Well, the music on the server select screen is pretty epic.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,303
    I love launch day festivities.  The crying and gnashing of teeth puts a little extra something into the holiday spirit. Let me get my snacks and drink.  lets go!

AsheramTorvalOctagon7711

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,871
    Redemp said:
    Installed -  server's not up yet, there's going to be a land rush! =)

Installed already?! Damn I wish I had your internet 5 hours to go for me. :(
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,505
    Just started my Download. 20 mins to go. :)
    Asheram

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Asheram said:
    Redemp said:

I feel yah - had horrid internet all my life, moved into a bigger city and the first purchase was a gig connection. It's a whole new world... every game is a snack away.

AsheramTorval
    Redemp said:
    Asheram said:
    Redemp said:

I feel yah - had horrid internet all my life, moved into a bigger city and the first purchase was a gig connection. It's a whole new world... every game is a snack away.

Can you make your own name or are you tied to your steam name?
    edited December 2018
    Asheram said:
    Redemp said:
    Asheram said:
    Redemp said:

Can you make your own name or are you tied to your steam name?
    Ah not sure yet, think the games still waiting for servers to pop.

New server message : Live at 5:30 ET, so 15 minutes away.

Found a character creation video and you can first and last name which makes me happy.

TokkenOctagon7711Nyctelios
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,208
    installed , ready to go in the future if it ever comes up. lol
    Asheram
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,533
    I will never understand why people put themselves though this 

Its already had a ton of red flags
    Its early access 
    It's been delayed and delayed

Yet people still try to play at zero hour - yeah its gonna be a shit show, why put yourself through that?
    TokkenparrotpholkScorchienOctagon7711MadFrenchiecraftseekerNycteliosWaanTrolldefender99
    DMKano said:

Its early access 

Yet people still try to play at zero hour - yeah its gonna be a shit show, why put yourself through that?
    Some of the best times I've had with buddies is during zero hour for games. 

Update your games - new patch and servers live. *We'll see for how long.
    TokkenTorval
  • jeeshadowjeeshadow Member UncommonPosts: 133
    is there a tutorial?  i have no idea what to do in this game, never played Ark.

Do I need to claim land quickly?

Tokken
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,121
    edited December 2018
    DMKano said:

Its early access 

There wasn't even a Beta test or trial, just.....U BUY NOW U PLAY WHEN WE SAY! I'm not into survival games, but I hate feeling like I'm missing out on the new cool, but I'm also not stupid enough to throw money at something I've only seen a few screenshots or videos on.
    Octagon7711

Tiller said:
    DMKano said:

Its early access 

There wasn't even a Beta test or trial, just.....U BUY NOW U PLAY WHEN WE SAY! I'm not into survival games, but I hate feeling like I'm missing out on the new cool, but I'm also not stupid enough to throw money at something I've only seen a few screenshots or videos on.

It's basically a Pirate themed ARK DLC on a huge map - not sure what people are expecting honestly. At core the game is ARK basically.
    craftseekerTrolldefender99
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,208
    DMKano said:

Its early access 

But it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exciting! LOL
    craftseeker
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,961
    This is MMO launch day, we already know it goes like this there's no point on being whiny.

After the initial peak it's when servers are more capable in the face of load, MMO's usually fall into the same old rabbit old of doing a ton of servers at launch that after the peak get empty and then they need to merge all.

Atlas could use is of a proper login queue into a freeport the server would only take in what it can handle instead of being overwhelmed with queries.
    Tokken
  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,602
    jeeshadow said:
    is there a tutorial?  i have no idea what to do in this game, never played Ark.

Do I need to claim land quickly?

No and no.

Just go punch rocks and trees for a bit and you can start making some things.
    edited December 2018
    Tokken said:
    DMKano said:

Its early access 

But it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exciting! LOL

Umm every streamer is spending all their time sitting at server select screen.

As expected they were not ready for this as vast majority are unable to connect and play.

So my original question stands - why buy now when you can't play?

This is currently the top Atlas streamer right now:

fun... eh?

Also here are the top steam reviews right now:

NycteliosTrolldefender99
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 936
    Asheram said:
    Redemp said:

yeah ive been downloading for 3hrs (just over) and only just hit 50% done. Steam servers seam to be getting hammered. As soon as i hit 800kb's to 1mb download it crash's, stops and then takes 5 mins before it starts going again.

Anyways game has issue's since there are limited spawn points, you cannot build on them but only so many are allowed at each spawn point, one has to wait for peeps to vacate before one can log in

yup peeps aint happy but hey i hope it fitters out by the time this downloads and then installs (next year most likely) thx steam LOL

I wonder if the same old excuse will be used.... we didnt know or expect the popularity to exceed this much excuse...
    Asheram said:
    Redemp said:

yeah ive been downloading for 3hrs (just over) and only just hit 50% done. Steam servers seam to be getting hammered. As soon as i hit 800kb's to 1mb download it crash's, stops and then takes 5 mins before it starts going again.

Anyways game has issue's since there are limited spawn points, you cannot build on them but only so many are allowed at each spawn point, one has to wait for peeps to vacate before one can log in

yup peeps aint happy but hey i hope it fitters out by the time this downloads and then installs (next year most likely) thx steam LOL

I wonder if the same old excuse will be used.... we didnt know or expect the popularity to exceed this much excuse...
    Seriously what the hell did all these people expect?

You have a game that is going to be in EA for 2 years and as it stands now is basically an ARK reskin with some shitty menu driven sailing.

Did anyone with half a clue think they would play today?  

I am amazed by our capacity for repeating the same mistakes over and over then actually having the gall to write bad reviews and act surprised.

The holiday sale also likely does not help matters with the steam servers at all.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,854
    Coming in reviews are mixed which is not bad for the first hours of a launch, could be better but, not bad.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

I dont mind buying it now even if I cant get in as it is only $25 til January 2nd and even if it is just ark reskinned I like this skin better. I had hoped the Blackwake devs would have done an open world with their game but they expressly stated that that was not their goal and had no intention to go that route.
    Aethaeryn
    Coming in reviews are mixed which is not bad for the first hours of a launch, could be better but, not bad.
    Part of the positive up votes are actually people making fun of the game and have not even played it lol.

Late next week will be a decent indicator as it will take a few days to iron out I am sure.  Stupid to release on the weekend of Christmas but they seem to be getting enough buys to make it worth it.
    Octagon7711
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,016
    DMKano said:

Its early access 

I am going to check reviews in the AM. . and maybe try tomorrow night.  The reviews will let me know if people are still staring at a login screen :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!