Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breach - Necromancer Class Trailer - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageBreach - Necromancer Class Trailer - MMORPG.com

From the PR: "The Necromancer is a master of summoning spirits and undead minions to skillfully deploy in any tactical situation. Feel free to direct a squad of skeletons to attack a specific target or draw health from the spirit energy of minions with explosive benefits. Maybe you prefer to utilize the ultimate ability of raising an undead army to overwhelm your enemies? Regardless of your choices, you’ll welcome the power of the dark side with the Necromancer."

Read the full story here

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Really hoping the game turns out to be good and hopefully there is a release soon.
    Got an invite for today's server test or whatever it was, but it was only 3 hours long and I just didn't feel like making space on my drive to install it for just 3 hours.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Looks like a cheaper version of Skyforge graphics/animations. Hopefully, gameplay will be better - though it's rather easy to achieve since Skyforge gameplay feels like its still in alpha (3 years after open "beta").
    Octagon7711

Thank you for your time!

• RenndRennd Member UncommonPosts: 37

3dom said:

Looks like a cheaper version of Skyforge graphics/animations. Hopefully, gameplay will be better - though it's rather easy to achieve since Skyforge gameplay feels like its still in alpha (3 years after open "beta").

Skyforge is nothing close to this. I know both have a Necromancer class that wields a scythe but that is where the similarities end. The game will be a lot more fast paced than Skyforge and the graphics are a lot closer to Overwatch.
    Gameplay, can't even compare it.

This can actually turn into something good if they don't overreact with the cash shop.
    XingbairongXAleX360
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited December 2018
    First thing I thought of was Skyforge also. One major difference was this Necro having a small army of skeletal minions like the Necro in AoC. Just have to wait and see how the timers are. Are the minions there until you dismiss them or are they on short timers or do they have to be constantly resummoned?
    Post edited by Octagon7711 on

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426

First thing I thought of was Skyforge also. One major difference was this Necro having a small army of skeletal minions like the Necro in AoC. Just have to wait and see how the timers are. Are the minions there until you dismiss them or are they on short timers or do they have to be constantly resummoned?

The basic minions would be the spawned when you kill an enemy and you have 3 of them and you can upgrade that skill to 4 minions. Those minions are not on a timer and stay until they die or until sacrificed by a skill that gives you health and makes the minion explode. The other 2 skills "summon" minions to rush ahead and explode basically. The ultimate summons 8 minions that last until killed, sacrificed or 20 seconds have passed. So you can have 4 minions as constant companions and 8 more temporary ones so 12 in total which is a small army. There is also an upgrade to the sacrifice for health and explosion skill that affects all minions and when you have the 12 active and make them explode it is quite effective.
    Octagon7711Ungood
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited December 2018

elveone said:

The basic minions would be the spawned when you kill an enemy and you have 3 of them and you can upgrade that skill to 4 minions. Those minions are not on a timer and stay until they die or until sacrificed by a skill that gives you health and makes the minion explode. The other 2 skills "summon" minions to rush ahead and explode basically. The ultimate summons 8 minions that last until killed, sacrificed or 20 seconds have passed. So you can have 4 minions as constant companions and 8 more temporary ones so 12 in total which is a small army. There is also an upgrade to the sacrifice for health and explosion skill that affects all minions and when you have the 12 active and make them explode it is quite effective.

Thank you for the clarity. :)  I've signed up and will be giving it a go.
    Post edited by Octagon7711 on

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Didnt had alot of time so I played only the tutorial. But I liked the healing and shielding. Will waiy for the next alpha begin januari.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    This game looks fun.. I plan to try it out.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.