Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This article is so rife with stuff you can dissect I cant even start

rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
https://venturebeat.com/2018/12/20/star-citizen-interview-why-chris-roberts-raised-another-46-million-to-finish-sci-fi-universe/view-all/

Some of the things he says and HOW he says them are awesome. He mentions a yacht, or not buying a yacht or not being able to buy a yacht 5 or 6 times. Guess what.... he bought a F$$$ing yacht. LOL.

He also mentioned red dead redemption 2 a half dozen times. Why? Because it was successful it reportedly took 8 years to make and he thinks he can equate his disaster with what that actual released game is.

Also in one spot where he is talking about the potential of SQ 42 he screwed up I think. Here is the quote (I am sure he will say they 'misquoted' him when people realize what he said):

I’m pretty proud that we’ve built a company to this point that’s worth almost half a billion dollars. But I think that if it all works, if Squadron comes out and is big, and then Star Citizen turns into this online universe that people just go to — I’m not going to say it’s World of Warcraft-sized, but it has the potential to be that kind of destination. If it does that, you’re talking about a much bigger number than we’re talking about here.

The IFs in a single wishful thinking comment. I mean the guy has always been about this thing is definitely getting made right? Now its all ifs and maybes and hopefullys? EXTREMELY telling remark right there.

Along with this one:

I hold 75 percent of the company. I have full board control. I have the majority of the votes on the board. The effective control of the company hasn’t changed. We’ve just brought on our first proper outside investor. But we’re talking just over 10 percent. Outside of some rules that — like I said, I can’t spend it on a super-yacht. 

"FIRST proper investor". Does that mean theyre looking for more? He went out of the way to say he still owns 75% and they got 10. SO are they willing to sell off more? I also added that last sentence in there because it was the third or fourth time he mentioned a yacht.

Also couple it with this response and it paints the picture a little more clearly I think:

As we’re getting bigger in terms of valuation and investment, we felt it would be nice to have a couple of outside board members besides just the internal people. Otherwise it was just myself and my brother and Ortwin Freyermuth, our chief legal counsel, who co-founded the company with us. We felt it would be good to have board members that have some other insights. They can help us as we go forward for whatever business needs and planning.

There is a lot  more I just picked the highlights For most its a TlDR thing but  thats why they are the way they are. And that peopel will say I took way too much out of context or reading way too much into it.

But thats the thing they always fail to understand. With a charlatan like Chris Roberts WORDS are everything and he weighs and measures everything he says to be sure to always have some sort of wiggle room later on when the shit finally hits the fan.

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    rodarin said:
    https://venturebeat.com/2018/12/20/star-citizen-interview-why-chris-roberts-raised-another-46-million-to-finish-sci-fi-universe/view-all/

Some of the things he says and HOW he says them are awesome. He mentions a yacht, or not buying a yacht or not being able to buy a yacht 5 or 6 times. Guess what.... he bought a F$$$ing yacht. LOL.

He also mentioned red dead redemption 2 a half dozen times. Why? Because it was successful it reportedly took 8 years to make and he thinks he can equate his disaster with what that actual released game is.

Also in one spot where he is talking about the potential of SQ 42 he screwed up I think. Here is the quote (I am sure he will say they 'misquoted' him when people realize what he said):

I’m pretty proud that we’ve built a company to this point that’s worth almost half a billion dollars. But I think that if it all works, if Squadron comes out and is big, and then Star Citizen turns into this online universe that people just go to — I’m not going to say it’s World of Warcraft-sized, but it has the potential to be that kind of destination. If it does that, you’re talking about a much bigger number than we’re talking about here.

The IFs in a single wishful thinking comment. I mean the guy has always been about this thing is definitely getting made right? Now its all ifs and maybes and hopefullys? EXTREMELY telling remark right there.

Along with this one:

I hold 75 percent of the company. I have full board control. I have the majority of the votes on the board. The effective control of the company hasn’t changed. We’ve just brought on our first proper outside investor. But we’re talking just over 10 percent. Outside of some rules that — like I said, I can’t spend it on a super-yacht. 

"FIRST proper investor". Does that mean theyre looking for more? He went out of the way to say he still owns 75% and they got 10. SO are they willing to sell off more? I also added that last sentence in there because it was the third or fourth time he mentioned a yacht.

Also couple it with this response and it paints the picture a little more clearly I think:

As we’re getting bigger in terms of valuation and investment, we felt it would be nice to have a couple of outside board members besides just the internal people. Otherwise it was just myself and my brother and Ortwin Freyermuth, our chief legal counsel, who co-founded the company with us. We felt it would be good to have board members that have some other insights. They can help us as we go forward for whatever business needs and planning.

There is a lot  more I just picked the highlights For most its a TlDR thing but  thats why they are the way they are. And that peopel will say I took way too much out of context or reading way too much into it.

But thats the thing they always fail to understand. With a charlatan like Chris Roberts WORDS are everything and he weighs and measures everything he says to be sure to always have some sort of wiggle room later on when the shit finally hits the fan.

I thought I read in one of the articles yesterday that there is another board member. Another lawyer who specializes in investments or getting investors on board or something along those lines.
    Erillion
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited December 2018
    Let me just take a photo on a yatch = I bought a yatch :D 

This thread:

Phaserlight