Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Atlas be more of MMO or another casual rust/ARK like game filled with kids in large scale ?

badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
edited December 2018 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
so as the title says will you think it will a better mmo we been looking for  or just another survival game for casuals and kids and 16 years old with large scale map and player base? if you played Rust you know what iam saying kids and 16 years old crying and making the big mess and ruinning the game 

so Atlas will be like this or  a better MMO for mmorpg players? (like player base in like mortal online wurm online  legend of aria and many other modern and old school mmos)  or  kids, casuals  and 16 years old  from  game like rust? 

so many mmorpg players having the hope that  devs  use their skills to make a new mmo game rather than another RUST/ARK copy 
and making the game more better  and wish this will be a good full loot mmorpg they played so as dev promises this will be an mmo and so   many  mmo players are waiting to play this game

and if you take a look this game right now has different kind of players  one is mmorpg player base  and another one is casuals kids  and 16 years old (seen many clan recruitment post saying minimum age must be 15-16) so for the devs they cant  make both of them happy  so the devs needs to decide on which one to make happy so at the end  one the group will leave like

either the kids  and 16 years old group will leave cause they find out this is not another rust/ARK they been playing and this one is slow progress game and has grinding like mmo where you need lots of  patience and everything takes time  like they cannot build a huge castle and raid  other and pvp easily and fast paced like the survival game they played  for 1-2 month and then get very rich and bored so then they wait for wipe 

or mmorpg players will leave due to the game is just another   rust like game everything is fast paced and seems like another causal game instead of true MMO 

so overall which one you think this game will be? 

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Ark, it was a kids playground, chances are this will be the same, it really depends on whether they manage to do the things they claim to be doing. Too early to tell really. :/
    Kyleran
  • badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    edited December 2018
    yes sadly but if you look there is lots of mmo players  planning to play it so there is chance there will be change but need to wait and see

hope this will be better mmo we been looking for 
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    I will wait for more info
    But a game that ask people to pay before it being finish is not a good game . And if i wasn't wrong , this game is early access . Sound bad .
    Kyleran
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    iixviiiix said:
    But a game that ask people to pay before it being finish is not a good game . And if i wasn't wrong , this game is early access . Sound bad .
    Paying for promises of a future game, well that might be okay for some but i prefer more flesh on those bones.
    I hope they deliver on their promises but who knows whether they can. When it comes to Early Access, i'd rather wait until finished version, less disappointment and less chance of getting ripped off. :o
    Kyleran
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    iixviiiix said:
    Is a $25 USD game now. After Early Access it will cost $ 60.  Is a good deal. 
    JeffSpicoliDibdabsRenndKyleran
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    hikaru77 said:
    iixviiiix said:
    Right. I look at it as I get to test a game and as a reward I get the game at half price
    DibdabsKyleran
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited December 2018
    Hope you guys are bringing lube, our alliance will be sinking all non-declared vessels without prejudice.

Welcome to ATLAS.
    UngoodRexKushmanDibdabsKyleran
  • badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    @AlmostLancelot what clan?
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    hikaru77 said:
    iixviiiix said:
    Except that it's still not for sale yet...
    That's because this was never the actual game release date...  It's the extended gameplay trailer date!  The release date (for the next livestre- I mean "Atlas"!) is actually Sunday.
    [Deleted User]

edited December 2018
    hikaru77 said:
    iixviiiix said:
    That's because this was never the actual game release date...  It's the extended gameplay trailer date!  The release date (for the next livestre- I mean "Atlas"!) is actually Sunday.
    To be honest, that game looks too good on the paper to be real. It's almost like someone compiled most of the wishes of posters here and put them into one game.

Like Admiral Ackbar would say, it could be a trap...
    That has been the reason I've been cautiously keeping an eye on it.

I can't fathom how Wildcard would have optimized such a game if ARK is still in the shape performance-wise as I keep seeing noted in places like Steam.

If they figured it out in the same engine for a larger game, it should be evident in ARK.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Hope you guys are bringing lube, our alliance will be sinking all non-declared vessels without prejudice.

Welcome to ATLAS.

MadFrenchie[Deleted User]Sovrath
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    hikaru77 said:
    iixviiiix said:
    To be honest, that game looks too good on the paper to be real. It's almost like someone compiled most of the wishes of posters here and put them into one game.

I can't fathom how Wildcard would have optimized such a game if ARK is still in the shape performance-wise as I keep seeing noted in places like Steam.

If they figured it out in the same engine for a larger game, it should be evident in ARK.
    Maybe it'll be a Christmas miracle and that's why they are pushing the launch date closer to the 25th. 
    MadFrenchie
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    hikaru77 said:
    iixviiiix said:

Maybe it'll be a Christmas miracle and that's why they are pushing the launch date closer to the 25th. 
    Wouldn't it be nice?

It was delayed for us mere peons yet another day.  Apparently this was the "unpaid marketing employees only" (aka streamers) release. 
    [Deleted User]

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Welcome to ATLAS.
    Please note it is 2018 (let's be honest 2019 will be worse), what you just declared is rape culture. Now you will lose your job as a witch hunt begins. 
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    thunderC said:

Welcome to ATLAS.

Damn going to miss Johnny Depp in this franchise.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2018
    hikaru77 said:
    iixviiiix said:
    And if the game is still bad after launch, price will drop to $10 by the time it's fixed. Much better deal.
    kitarad

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited December 2018
    hikaru77 said:
    iixviiiix said:

"Could be?" Count on it.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited December 2018
    hikaru77 said:
    iixviiiix said:
    And if the game is still bad after launch, price will drop to $10 by the time it's fixed. Much better deal.
    "If" still bad? Go with when.

:D

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited December 2018
    Hashbrick said:

Welcome to ATLAS.
    Please note it is 2018 (let's be honest 2019 will be worse), what you just declared is rape culture. Now you will lose your job as a witch hunt begins. 
    Besides I'm thinking it's the people buying into the promises for this game who will need the lube.

:D