Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta Experience

If you want one word it would have to be......  Horrible.

If you want details.....
Unintuitive - Took several minutes just to figure out how to change the sex of my char.
Cash Grab - One of the first things you notice is the gimme gimme gimme
Queues - Having to queue to enter a game is so 10+ years ago,  don't waste my time
Perspective confusion - It feels to me like the game isn't sure if its a FPS or 3rd person.  Just doesn't feel right.
Combat - Combat seems very one sided.  If you are lucky enough to get one of the super powerful items you are set.
reminds me of Duke Nukem or one of those games.  I had an axe and hit a guy 5 or 6 times.  He turned around and shot me once with some fire shotgun looking thing and I was dead.
Death - If you are in a match as soon as you die you spend the rest of the match following the guy who killed you,  boring. 
Wasted Time - You spend 2 - 10 minutes waiting in a queue.  Then you wait another 3 to 5 minutes for the match to start.  Then you finally get in and run around looking for objects to fight with and when combat does happen its over in 2 - 5 seconds, win or lose.
Non MMO - As AoC is billed as a sanbox MMO I am very turned off by this open beta.  Not one aspect of it seems MMO to me.  You might as well be playing a console first person shooter.  Just switch the F key to E and you have this crap.

By all means give it a try yourself and make up your own mind but for this guy,  AoC just got shot in the head.  The chances of it surviving for me are super slim.  Time will tell.

Comments

• CayleraCaylera Member CommonPosts: 3
    What you played was not the actual mmo. Apocalypse is merely a testing environment for various aspects of the game.  The actual mmo is a pre-alpha state from what I can tell.

As for apocalypse, I don't have a computer that can play it myself, but I've heard a lot of people have a lot of fun with it and most of your problems are just features of the time of game mode they are using to test the aspects of the game they are testing. each one of those problems is just a feature of a battle royale game.