Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you guys gonna pick up in the steam Winter Sale?

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
     One or two of these:
    Xenonauts It's a rip off of x-com and looks ok.  Only $4.99 
    Middle-earth Shadow of War
      Only $12.49  
    ELEX
    Only  $19.99 
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition
    Only $29.34
    ELEX is an awesome RPG. I was satisfied paying full price for it.
    Lazarus71Octagon7711H0urg1ass

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    I picked up NWN:EE, Torment, Tyranny and Elite Dangerous.

I was tempted to pick up Pathfinder but I decided to wait til all the DLC is out. 
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    d_20 said:
     One or two of these:
    Middle-earth Shadow of War
      Only $12.49  
    ELEX
    Only  $19.99 
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition
    Only $29.34
    ELEX is an awesome RPG. I was satisfied paying full price for it.
    ELEX,
    I understand it's hard for the first 20 levels.
    I understand the combat is controversial by design or broken.
    My problem ?... Is it fun... It's hard to tell from Walkthroughs and reviews. They don't seem to cover this.

Xenonaunts,
    Much like Xcom but the environment and aliens never change.  I think I'll have to pass.

Shadows of War,
    Too much like the first one, that angers me.  But I could simply think of it as an expansion for the price. 

Divinity 2, 
    Played the hell out of Baldur's Gate, too early to play this.  No reason to jump on this sale. 

DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age,
    Seems like a well built RPG... Not sure I could stand the Asian happy cute and charming crap.  I'm never in the mood to endure this for 100+ hours. 
    H0urg1ass
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    I’ve been trying to clear my backlog but I just completed Metro 2033 and bought Last Light redux for 5$.

So worth it! I hope I can also get Dishonered 2 and Wolfenstein.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Dark Souls 2 is on sale for $10, normally $40.....I've played it on XBOX but never PC.....
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    Thief Simulator and a couple of DLC's.. sadly the conan exiles ones aint worth that price and i am hoping they put a season pass out eventually

• donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816

I tried this, was dissapointed. It was too long between aliens being spotted when fast forwarding through time. Maybe that was okay back in the old X-Com days but now it is bad gameplay, watching the screen for 4 minutes at a time waiting for something to happen.
    H0urg1ass
  • donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816
    edited December 2018
    Playing lots of Citadel Forged in Fire and Rend.

Both are $10 each and are a great deal. Rend is made from the former classic WoW devs and is basically a love letter to Nagrand in WoW...
    JeffSpicoliOctagon7711
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    Nothing at all !!! cuz steam has 100 % curax crap games
    Viper482

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    itsover said:
    mabe atlas or fallout 76
    The way things are going with FO76 already being under $15, you might be able to pick them up for under $5  ;)
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    edited December 2018
    Each steam sale gets repulsively worst, I miss the days flash sales would actually be an amazing deal.  Deals these days are more akin to a deal on greenmangaming or other resellers on a normal day. But with over 5,700 games in my library Steam is actually doing me a favor.
    Octagon7711H0urg1assMrMelGibson
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Surprised mmorpg hasn't put up a story about the Winter sale

Atlas-The second South  Park game - Automation- I guess Ni No Kuni 2 ? I have 150 games on my wishlist i dunno
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Hashbrick said:
    Each steam sale gets repulsively worst, I miss the days flash sales would actually be an amazing deal.  Deals these days are more akin to a deal on greenmangaming or other resellers on a normal day. But with over 5,700 games in my library Steam is actually doing me a favor.

How they heck do you have 5,700 games in your library? I mean, you've probably only played a few hundred i'm assuming? What's your total hours played? Holy bejeezus . . . You're like a hoarder but of digital games. 
    Sovrathdelete5230Asheram[Deleted User]laseritMrMelGibson
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2018
    Dark Souls 2 is on sale for $10, normally $40.....I've played it on XBOX but never PC.....
    Try to get the Scholar of the First Sin Edition. That one includes the 3 DLC and huge game changes and fixes the original DS2 doesn't have. They are not even compatible with one another, that's how big the changes are.

• BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited December 2018
    Okay guys, 

Winter Steam Sale is here, i held off buying anything over Thanksgiving because I was waiting for the winter sale. What you guys are gonna pick up or have picked up. Maybe I can get some ideas. 

I'm looking at:
    Project Gorgon (The Demo actually worked on me and i'm interested to see how the skills work at higher levels)
    No Man's Sky (probably hold off on)
    Civilization 6 (Even though I think Civ V is better and I play that)

Cryomatrix
    p.s. As an aside my Path of Exile Character hit lvl 90 in HC mode (my 2nd highest level ever attained) :)
    Nothing! LOLZ

Project Gorgon
    Early access indi mmo..?    142 players online atm  lol

Woman Sky
    Its just 50% off atm, but was 60% earlier this year. Not to meantion that it shouldnt cost that much in the first place.  :P

Civilization 6
    It was on Humble bundle monthly. And even now (i think) its cheaper on Fanatical or Greemangaming.

You should buy "Welcome to Boon Hill". Best game on steam, and its cheap. Recommending.
     :P

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    I'm probably going to get Ark: Survival Evolved, My Time At Portia, and maaaaybe House Flipper.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Bananable said:
    Okay guys, 

Winter Steam Sale is here, i held off buying anything over Thanksgiving because I was waiting for the winter sale. What you guys are gonna pick up or have picked up. Maybe I can get some ideas. 

I'm looking at:
    Project Gorgon (The Demo actually worked on me and i'm interested to see how the skills work at higher levels)
    No Man's Sky (probably hold off on)
    Civilization 6 (Even though I think Civ V is better and I play that)

Cryomatrix
    p.s. As an aside my Path of Exile Character hit lvl 90 in HC mode (my 2nd highest level ever attained) :)
    Nothing! LOLZ

Project Gorgon
    Early access indi mmo..?    142 players online atm  lol

Woman Sky
    Its just 50% off atm, but was 60% earlier this year. Not to meantion that it shouldnt cost that much in the first place.  :P

Civilization 6
    It was on Humble bundle monthly. And even now (i think) its cheaper on Fanatical or Greemangaming.

You should buy "Welcome to Boon Hill". Best game on steam, and its cheap. Recommending.
     :P

Yeah 10%- only $179.00 for the game, unless you buy the deluxe.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

The thing about cheap and free games is that there is a limit on time. 

You see a game you like and its is like down 90% and you're like, sweet, i'll buy it for $3. But the problem is, the more games you do that, you inherently decrease your overall utilization of the product. 

I see myself, I bought Darkest Dungeon at $7 evne though i bought it once and refunded it already, i bought it again in a PoE lull. I've also bought other games for $2-3 knowing that the likelihood I play it is remote. 

It's like hoarders, the more stuff you keep and store, the less likely you are to use the next subsequent thing you hold and hoard. 

So many times there are cheap or free games I may be interested but I won't buy it (at least I try to) because there's always a limit on time. I can only play so many games. 

That's the main reason why I probably won't buy No Man's Sky even though I heard about it and I want to try it. I doubt i'll ever get around to playing it. Why buy Civ 6 when I am enjoying Civ 5. Plus, I can only get periodically addicted to Civ V and not really play it too much. 

Even Project Gorgon, but I kind of think the game has nice features and I surprisingly don't overly care about the shit graphics. It's such a deep game with their skills. 

However, I am interested in playing ark: Evolved, but If I buy it now, i'm not sure i'll even play it any time soon. My game time is like this. 

Play PoE when season comes out . . . die a bunch and quit . . . until
    next PoE season starts. Hence, I only have a small window to play other games. Usually, I'll default to Civ 5, get a bit bored there. Play some Entropia (a.k.a lose money) . . . for a bit and then i have  small window to try out other games. 

Cryomatrix
    Kyleran
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited December 2018
    Its a pretty underwhelming sale this time imo , Not there arent alot of good titles on sale , i just wont buy them unless they are 60% off or more .. ...

If its not 60% or more this sale it will be in the near future , so i can wait ..
    GorweMadFrenchie
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Hashbrick said:

How they heck do you have 5,700 games in your library? I mean, you've probably only played a few hundred i'm assuming? What's your total hours played? Holy bejeezus . . . You're like a hoarder but of digital games. 
    I've played maybe 40% of my library.  I mainly PC game so all my gaming time is basically on Steam minus MMO stints I go on. I buy way more than I play and a lot of it is due to how crazy cheap bundles are.

Products by time played

12 or more hours93
    6 to 12 hours478
    3 to 6 hours2,566
    2 to 3 hours106
    1 to 2 hours88
    0 to 1 hours120
    Never played2,172
    CryomatrixOctagon7711PhaserlightMrMelGibson
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Probably not going to buy something from steam, pretty much got what I wanted on PC, especially since I've been lagging on my gpu purchase. I'm considering both persona 5 and god of war on the playstation store sale.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    remember to check greenmangaming before buying from steam to see if its the same price or cheaper since they usually have holiday discount codes to get it cheaper than steam but still add to your library.
    bartoni33
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Something That Is Not:

A battle royal game.

A survival game.

A game as a service.

A loot box game.

An early access game.

Something That Has:

Reviews on Metacritic and Steam.

Use your noodle about what you buy and you will have a happy Xmas gaming. :D
    Hashbrick said:
    Hashbrick said:

I've played maybe 40% of my library.  I mainly PC game so all my gaming time is basically on Steam minus MMO stints I go on. I buy way more than I play and a lot of it is due to how crazy cheap bundles are.

Products by time played

12 or more hours93
    6 to 12 hours478
    3 to 6 hours2,566
    2 to 3 hours106
    1 to 2 hours88
    0 to 1 hours120
    Never played2,172
    When gaming marketing people think about their target audience, you are first on the list.

Thanks for sharing though, insightful.
    Caffynated
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited December 2018
    Look what I just got :)   

It's called Antharion It's like Baldur's Gate but plays faster.  And it's less than $4

I also got ELEX and Shadows of War... I began downloading ELEX, but I think I may play this one first.