Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Have Armor, Will Travel - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 2,487
edited December 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Citizen: Around the Verse - Have Armor, Will Travel - MMORPG.com

After a brief hiatus, the latest edition of the Star Citizen: Around the Verse weekly series is back, this time centered on armor for female characters. Viewers are also taken on "a tour of the developing Stanton System". Chris Roberts and Sandi Gardiner also thank the community for their participation in recent testing and speak about "emergent gameplay" that devs are seeing from the community.

Read the full story here


Comments

  • summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Looks interesting , when is this game being released ?
    ScotBeezerbeezXarkogastovski1
  • ScotScot UKMember EpicPosts: 10,086
    I wonder what Robert Heinlein would think of Star Citizen? In some ways it is a vison of the future he popularised in his SF, but not sure there would be enough story in it for him. :)

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member UncommonPosts: 150


    Looks interesting , when is this game being released ?



    If I had to guess, earliest release would be December 2020. Not even RSI has an exact time window yet. I tried the latest free weekend and could actually run the game compared to before. Star Citizen has made a ton of progress this year and reached a lot of milestones, but it still has a long ways to go.

    Octagon7711JoeBloberErillion
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 8,310
    2020 would be very optimistic.  

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • VrikaVrika FinlandMember EpicPosts: 5,255
    Looks interesting , when is this game being released ?
    I'd guess when fans stop funding further development?

    Star Citizen is long past the point where they could implement all their promises before release. They're just adding more and more stuff as long as money keeps coming, and when money stops coming they'll presumably call whatever they've finished that far as release version.
    ArglebargleSlyLoKgastovski1
     
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member UncommonPosts: 130

    Vrika said:



    Looks interesting , when is this game being released ?


    I'd guess when fans stop funding further development?

    Star Citizen is long past the point where they could implement all their promises before release. They're just adding more and more stuff as long as money keeps coming, and when money stops coming they'll presumably call whatever they've finished that far as release version.



    Two triple-A (solo + MMO), starting from scratch end of Nov. 2012 with 12 guys, 6M$ and zero pipelines... No they do not have a finished SC to deliver end of 2018... even Publishers won't be able to do it. Stop spreading lies.
    Official roadmap for SC is showing that most Kickstarer features will be delivered by end of 2019... add 2 quarters because game development is always hard and that would give a probable Beta by end of 2019 (only if no further wipe is required).
  • PartieplayinPartieplayin Member UncommonPosts: 50
    This game is still well within its development time frames from conception to release for a Tripple A mmorpg.. most games take 8 years from conception to a released product but since there doing something far beyond what has ever been done before and with the level of fidelity 10-12 years of development time is a very practical and realistic time frame
    Octagon7711JoeBlobergastovski1Erillion
  • VrikaVrika FinlandMember EpicPosts: 5,255
    edited December 2018
    JoeBlober said:

    Vrika said:



    Looks interesting , when is this game being released ?


    I'd guess when fans stop funding further development?

    Star Citizen is long past the point where they could implement all their promises before release. They're just adding more and more stuff as long as money keeps coming, and when money stops coming they'll presumably call whatever they've finished that far as release version.



    Two triple-A (solo + MMO), starting from scratch end of Nov. 2012 with 12 guys, 6M$ and zero pipelines... No they do not have a finished SC to deliver end of 2018... even Publishers won't be able to do it. Stop spreading lies.
    Official roadmap for SC is showing that most Kickstarer features will be delivered by end of 2019... add 2 quarters because game development is always hard and that would give a probable Beta by end of 2019 (only if no further wipe is required).
    Official roadmap doesn't even extend beyond July 2019.

    Also if you as a fan feel the need to add qualifications like "most Kickstarter features" will be delivered, and thus exclude some Kickstarter features, further stretch goals on their website, and features required for ships they've sold since then to work, then we're both agreed that Star Citizen is far beyond the point where they'd deliver deliver their promises at release.
    Post edited by Vrika on
     
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member UncommonPosts: 130

    Vrika said:


    JoeBlober said:



    Vrika said:






    Looks interesting , when is this game being released ?




    I'd guess when fans stop funding further development?

    Star Citizen is long past the point where they could implement all their promises before release. They're just adding more and more stuff as long as money keeps coming, and when money stops coming they'll presumably call whatever they've finished that far as release version.






    Two triple-A (solo + MMO), starting from scratch end of Nov. 2012 with 12 guys, 6M$ and zero pipelines... No they do not have a finished SC to deliver end of 2018... even Publishers won't be able to do it. Stop spreading lies.

    Official roadmap for SC is showing that most Kickstarer features will be delivered by end of 2019... add 2 quarters because game development is always hard and that would give a probable Beta by end of 2019 (only if no further wipe is required).


    Official roadmap doesn't even extend beyond July 2019.

    Also if you as a fan feel the need to add qualifications like "most Kickstarter features" will be delivered, and thus exclude some Kickstarter features, further stretch goals on their website, and features required for ships they've sold since then to work, then we're both agreed that Star Citizen is far beyond the point where they'd deliver deliver their promises at release.



    Official roadmap does not extend till end of 2019 yet because they are fleshing out the full year in January. One sure thing, Q3 and Q4 will bring more contents and not just another ship or two. By most features I mean gameplay. We know the 100 systems won't be implemented after release with around 10 to 15 to start with.
    Flight model change is for 3.5 (Q1), refuel+salvage+repair in Q1 +Q2. The number of systems is not an issue. 5 would already be enough to swallow millions of players + NPC's.
  • VaselVasel ausin, TXMember UncommonPosts: 188
    CIG might produce a great game at some point. I have lost faith in them. I am a million mile high member.
  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 15,375
    There not doing a very good job with the world immersion because you look at the video and everything looks one color...silver/grayish.I could not tell if that was a snowy landscape or a desert type or another.The graphic quality,texture quality is good but the graphics just look fake with just one color.
    Then we see those statues and guess what....one color lol.
    The landscape with buildings looked the same,all one color and looks fake.
    The icy moon has some nice texture work but that is all it is ,a texture or 3 on a land mass.This is why hand made game design is a hundred times better than auto generating because you can add caves and noticeable land marks rather than seeing one continuous sheet of rock.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 15,375
    Long story short,the female character was a lot of corner cutting.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,425

    Vasel said:

    CIG might produce a great game at some point. I have lost faith in them. I am a million mile high member.



    Did you try it after the latest update ? Especially the performance has significantly improved !


    Have fun

  • rodarinrodarin camarillo, CAMember RarePosts: 2,359
    Erillion said:

    Vasel said:

    CIG might produce a great game at some point. I have lost faith in them. I am a million mile high member.



    Did you try it after the latest update ? Especially the performance has significantly improved !


    Have fun

    LOL if performance actually improved every time they say it did this game would be the most optimized game ever created. Theyre 'improvements' are a lot like how ARK 'improved' back when it was struggling. Small percentages of shit are still shit.

    I also love how they got all these streamers to come and claim SC was the next big thing in RP  and then they disabled their VOIP. So Star Citizen of them.

    But the streamers are still fulfilling their contractual obligations and streaming it trying now to avoid all the high NPC ares where the bugs are exposed on a regular basis. Moonwalking guys, people sitting on chairs 4 feet in the air, guys trapped in elevators or stuck in one spot while the elevators go up and down. People trying to get on the tram and falling through the tracks. No women....

    I see guys who generally have 1500-2200 viewers with 700-800 viewers now. And others who can get to 1K on a 'good' night sitting at 3-4 hundred. The real lower end guys who sit in the mid 1-2 hundreds have a real loyal base but even theyre losing a dozen or so viewers here and there. Basically people viewership is now half what it was. Timmac had 2200 or so watching him play a one off night of farm simulator (although he played it for a few hours a few nights later), granted moon and selvek and thad were there for some relief (but also taking some cross viewers to be sure) most I have seen on his SC streams was maybe 1500. And that was the first night but every night after that his numbers dropped.



    Only shows overall views of the VOD but you can get some comparative numbers.

    Sheriff Eli another one

     

    And a few others, all with lower overall viewerships than their 'normal' streaming content. 

    Now obviously that can be taken out of context, but the overall reception to this 'improving' or not is people dont care. Even throwing some pretty big names in the RP streaming community at it they never broke 5K viewers. Other than when Lirik streamed it a couple times but Lirik can get 40K people to sit and watch his chair for 4 hours. But his views of the Vods were less than normal as well. But he only played it for 2 days and he had other content within those streams.

    Like I have said for the past 2+ years. For a project with a billion followers which has raised a trillion dollars there is zero buzz around this thing, even when they have 'improvements' you would think (other than hiring a few streamers for a awhile) and running events and free fly weekends to coincide with all that viewership or interest or player population would go up. Nope. Watch the Vods other than random guys from their own chat who log in seeing them streaming it, or a dev who I am sure is being paid to try and steer them around to the 'best' spots (least buggy) theyre walking around empty stations with buggy NPCs. Where are all the players?

    GO to any MMO right now running their Christmas events. Stand around the NPCs that give out the seasonal quests. regardless of the game population or 'staleness' of the seasonal content there are people running around those areas all hours of the day. Lotro, Rift, ESO all had people going crazy this past weekend. You can actually see with your own eyes some anecdotal 'evidence'. Watching a SC stream is like watching people playing a single player game or at best a game with a lobby where for a brief moment you see a few other players.

    Yet people here try and claim this this is 'playable' right now with hours of content. Yeah I know the 'content' is all where you wont be seen by other people. Sort of defeats the purpose of "MMO'' doesnt it.


  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,425
    edited December 2018

    How about some DATA instead of propaganda, dear Rodarin ?:

    SC performance (over ALL active players)



    Have fun


    Post edited by Erillion on
Sign In or Register to comment.