Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSpace.com Review-of-the-Week - Book of Demons

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageGameSpace.com Review-of-the-Week - Book of Demons

If you've been taking a look at Book of Demons that will be arriving on Steam later today for $25, you may want to check out the GameSpace review-of-the-week where "Jatobi" writes, "It's Paper Diablo. It's fun for what it is, but could use a little more to it. Level design is fairly simple, yet I don't expect much more due to the constraints of movement. The card system is a cool feature, but you quickly figure out that certain cards are useless, and certain cards are just overpowered."

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Looks like my kind of game not sure how I missed this one thx for posting
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    edited December 2018
    This was a good write up but not sure I agree with the score it was given. 6.5 seems a little harsh, this game takes a little to grow on you since its basically a Hack and Slash on rails, with the limitation of movements, cards need to be rebalanced but once you start playing it you find it easy to add hours of enjoyment. Also I agree that being able to pick how much time you want to spend in a dungeon dive is a great feature and I wish we would see it in more dungeon crawlers... A campaign or little more depth in the story would have been great but the conversations in town and lore you find while dungeon diving are enough to keep it moving.. The ability to play different classes is a nice touch but hopefully more will be added in the future...
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Elvoc said:
    This was a good write up but not sure I agree with the score it was given. 6.5 seems a little harsh, 
    I honestly can't remember the last time i bought a game based off "professional" review . Whenever a new game releases or is brought to my attention the first place i check is the Steam reviews, This being Overwhelming positive will be a weekend buy.  I do appreciate MMORPG posting this ( never heard of it before) but in all honesty i usually just skim through their articles and head right to the comments sections to get the lowdown on a title lol. 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited December 2018
    I did not like this game , I did not enjoy the resrtictive nature of its world , its skills and ability to build a class...

And to compare it to Diablo you embarrass your self ... For Shame ...

Its feels and plays nothing like Diablo at all
    ElvocKylerancheyane
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    I just bought it for $6 today, heard good things. If it wasn't for the Steam Coupon and a sale I'd never would have got it.
    JeffSpicoli
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2018
    Hashbrick said:
    I just bought it for $6 today, heard good things. If it wasn't for the Steam Coupon and a sale I'd never would have got it.
    Cant really go too wrong on any game that can  be purchased under 10 bucks....

Play it 2 or 3 hours and you got your money's worth.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I wonder if its because I grew up before Magic and Poke and all those card games, but I've never played a game that had card elements in it I thought was good or had good mechanics. It is usually very sophomoric, lite, and lacks any depth. That's for card systems as an "rpg" chardev system. The ones that have combat are even worse for me.

I don't know if its something you had to like as a kid to think its good, or what I'm missing about it.