Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One Studio Would Have Earned +$350k If Its Game Could Have Launched on Epic - MMORPG.com News

123457»

Comments

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    thanx for the article, got my free subnautica :)
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    @Quizzical you get to keep the games. Twitch Prime does something similar with free games and perks throughout the year.

@MadFrenchie GoG is well curated and still over saturated. I don't think curation is the answer to saturation although I would appreciate a much better curated Steam. Also, curation is expensive and I don't always like those decisions. Asset flips and cash grabs suck though I agree. Hate that noise on Steam right now.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    Torval said:
    @Quizzical you get to keep the games. Twitch Prime does something similar with free games and perks throughout the year.

@MadFrenchie GoG is well curated and still over saturated. I don't think curation is the answer to saturation although I would appreciate a much better curated Steam. Also, curation is expensive and I don't always like those decisions. Asset flips and cash grabs suck though I agree. Hate that noise on Steam right now.
    Yeah I won't attempt to argue poor curation is the sole reason, but it certainly contributes to have such an easy route to your title being placed in front of so many customers with very little in the way of checks.

I've began using GoG more lately even so, because they make at least some effort to curate their library.  I've grown quite sick of the amount of garbage I have to sort through on Steam to, say, check out their specials list.
    Torval[Deleted User]