Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Team is Growing as It Heads to Pre-Alpha 4

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Team is Growing as It Heads to Pre-Alpha 4

The latest edition of the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen newsletter is out and about. As usual, it is packed with lots of fantastic information for fans of the game, including the news that the team is growing. As the team moves forward to Pre-Alpha 4, it is putting "the full Pantheon experience" in place including "all of the systems, animations, models, sounds, and effects one would expect to see in a modern game."

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    First true mmorpg to arrive since EQ
    deniterWellspringcheyaneThaharjpedrote52[Deleted User]Thunder073DaranarcraftseekerLackingMMOand 4 others.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    So glad to hear that there is going to be a new lead animator. Those animation placeholders could use some help. 
    Thunder073NoxiasMrMelGibson
  • LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Looking forward to this game getting released in 3-4 years!
    \
    Thunder073NoxiasKyleranDaranarMrMelGibsongastovski1
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I enjoyed the tester reactions. Especially Pauline M.
    Mensur

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Not even classified as pre-alpha yet?
  • Itchen1000Itchen1000 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I am so glad I pledged to this game. Nothing seems to do it these days, Unless I go back to EQ. I just might end up doing that to kill time =/
  • CodehxCodehx Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Exciting news. If possible, I'm thinking about backing this project. Y'know, have something to look forward to playing in 8 years, a la Red Dead Redemption 2.
    Ungood
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Help me, Pantheon. You’re my only hope.
    craftseekerMensur
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

I don't follow. It says "pre-alpha 4" is coming in the title, which means they're in pre-alpha 3 now.
    craftseeker
    --------------------------------------------
  • OshoOsho Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited December 2018
    Its already in PA4...

I don't follow. It says "pre-alpha 4" is coming in the title, which means they're in pre-alpha 3 now.

It's already in PA4... they aim "the full Pantheon experience" for PA5

[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Arterius said:

Rhoklaw said:

Ltldogg said:

\

Codehx said:

Exciting news. If possible, I'm thinking about backing this project. Y'know, have something to look forward to playing in 8 years, a la Red Dead Redemption 2.

Both your time frames must be referring to Star Citizen. In which case, you're in the wrong thread. Pantheon will be out before 2020, unlike some other well funded kickstarter MMOs.

I don't mean to be that guy but no way this game is released before 2020. They have already pushed back Alpha testing. It was supposed to start in December. From the Newsletter doesn't seem like we will be getting the final PA test till maybe june or july. They have already stated they want a year of alpha and six months in beta max. That would put the game in the 2021 time frame.
    Let's hope it's worth the wait!
    --------------------------------------------
  • OshoOsho Member UncommonPosts: 18

Arterius said:

Rhoklaw said:

Ltldogg said:

\

Codehx said:

Both your time frames must be referring to Star Citizen. In which case, you're in the wrong thread. Pantheon will be out before 2020, unlike some other well funded kickstarter MMOs.

I don't mean to be that guy but no way this game is released before 2020. They have already pushed back Alpha testing. It was supposed to start in December. From the Newsletter doesn't seem like we will be getting the final PA test till maybe june or july. They have already stated they want a year of alpha and six months in beta max. That would put the game in the 2021 time frame.

Sounds realistic, Arterius :D
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Codehx said:

Great news, I'll be retired by then so I'll have lots of time to group up and play.

;)
    SovrathDaranarSamhaelitchmonMrMelGibsonSiugMensurJamesGoblintweedledumb99

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    There is only one thing that i will take notice of,the game with my own eyes.
    Hand picked Q/a's..no thanks.

I have nothing against this game what so ever but i start to get turned off when i see for example a game like Crowfall trying to be in our face everyday.I am not giving out free money,i am not buying into any early access or pre ordering to get in b4 ev1 else. I'll hand over some money when i see a game worthy of it.
    Rich84

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    This game has the potential for some MMO genre defining greatness. Especially with WoWs decline as of late. 
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392

Wizardry said:

I have nothing against this game what so ever but i start to get turned off when i see for example a game like Crowfall trying to be in our face everyday.I am not giving out free money,i am not buying into any early access or pre ordering to get in b4 ev1 else.

I'll hand over some money when i see a game worthy of it.

I'm normally like that, but once they offer to let me in for a normal box price. I'm in. But right now they want $100 for Beta and $250 for Alpha. Grrr. My wife would kill me if I spent $250 on a game. And i'd be pretty pissed at myself too. But once they offer up early access for Pre-Order of $60, i'm there.
    itchmon

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Eldrach said:

It hasn't arrived yet.
    MrMelGibsonMensur
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Wizardry said:

I have nothing against this game what so ever but i start to get turned off when i see for example a game like Crowfall trying to be in our face everyday.I am not giving out free money,i am not buying into any early access or pre ordering to get in b4 ev1 else.

I'll hand over some money when i see a game worthy of it.

But you take notice of these games all the time. And you post about them.
    itchmonMrMelGibson
  • kalen41kalen41 Member UncommonPosts: 16

It's in pre-alpha 4. The article states they are approaching pre alpha 4 so I'm not sure where you get they are not iun pre alpha
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    edited December 2018
    Can someone remind me again what "pre-alpha" is exactly?
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I sure hope the graphics are far better than what they are showing. Why cant we have amazing lore and story etc AND great graphics? NOT ESO or Gw2 graphics but graphics like BDO and even better
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    I’m truly not understanding the hate for the graphics. It looks GREAT imo and it’s still in pre-alpha. The most recent screenshots are amazing, especially the new ogre look. 
    Siug
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'll continue to have hope in this title until they announce some stand-alone BR thing for "testing" purposes....
    itchmon
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416

Samhael said:

Eldrach said:

It hasn't arrived yet.

It has arrived in the spotlight :)
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Wedlen said:
    I sure hope the graphics are far better than what they are showing. Why cant we have amazing lore and story etc AND great graphics? NOT ESO or Gw2 graphics but graphics like BDO and even better
    Nope...

Great Graphics
    Great Lore
    Great Gameplay

You get two.
    craftseeker
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.