Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Buzz?

124»

Comments

• VinterkrigVinterkrig Member UncommonPosts: 1,862
    Bloodaxes said:
    The problem of these games is even if they offer pve servers, most certainly they expect people to make the content (Aka pvp).

Also I find it funny people get riled up when pvp is frowned upon, but calling us who enjoy pve carebears is fine.
    Pretty big difference between being called a carebear and a sociopath. 
    KyleranLokero
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Give me Ark as it stands (with S+) in a world with 10k people and if it runs decent it will be the best MMORPG of the decade- maybe ever.
    Kyleranmcrippins
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,165
    Bloodaxes said:
    The problem of these games is even if they offer pve servers, most certainly they expect people to make the content (Aka pvp).

Also I find it funny people get riled up when pvp is frowned upon, but calling us who enjoy pve carebears is fine.
    In all fairness theres a world of difference between the two behaviours with only one being particularly onerous.

It's why separate servers are the best really, but I realize they can be cost prohibitive and challenging to maintain.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,696
    Kyleran said:
    Bloodaxes said:

In all fairness theres a world of difference between the two behaviours with only one being particularly onerous.

It's why separate servers are the best really, but I realize they can be cost prohibitive and challenging to maintain.

What if you see someone as a sociopath but they identify as a carebear, what server they should join? 

Just a joke, keep your knickers on! ;)
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: Blackfield by Blackfield from Blackfield (2005)
    • Currently Playing: Devil May Cry 1
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,270
    Bloodaxes said:

How about stop name calling people for playing differently? Maybe for some, calling them carebear is like calling them pussies, cowards, spineless and whatever. Does that sound like a friendly nickname to call people who enjoy pve? Maybe that's the reason pvp fanatics are called sociopaths, gankers, campers and whatever.

I'd say stop the jabbing if you don't like being named called too.
    TorvalKyleran

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,270
    edited December 2018
    Kyleran said:

That would be the ideal thing to do. However, this is a survival game in the end. The content for pve servers will be quite limited guaranteed, as they expect players to stay longer and make "content" through pvp wars.

Same thing in conan exiles. At least they offered a server ruleset that had a mix of both (PVE-Conflict) where pvp was only allowed during a specific hour and buildings could never be destroyed by players. Even that sometimes had asshats who camped the best farming spots (Even starting areas) until pvp turned off then logging off. When asked why not simply go to a pvp server they tell you because they don't want their base to be destroyed...   

I hate killing others unsuspecting, makes me feel bad. I'll only pvp when it's consensual (Battlegrounds, arena, whatever).
    TorvalKyleran

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,562
    In the end it still all comes down to POPULATION. Or better yet CONSISTENT population. As long as enough people log on then a game (any game no matter how bad people thin it is) will be playable. 

Thats why every game since forever is always "best" right at initial release because thats when the most players are around. And even though there are issues theyre overlooked because of the mad dash of running around with dozens or hundreds (used to be that way) people.

Then as number die off and the new smell wears off the bashing and criticisms hit. Been that way forever.

Thats why BR and lobby games all do well because there are always people around to be matched up with. When theyre arent then those games start failing.

The general consensus from most is that both WoW and Fortnite are 'kiddy' games. Maybe true may not be true. Opinion I guess. But WoW has been the king since it launched and Fortnite for now is king. SO I would say the opinions of most people doesnt mean jack or shit because those games are doing something right even though most people (at least ones I know) dont play them at all.

This thing will do OK if it has enough people play it consistently enough. But with something like this with a map this big its going to need thousands of players to even make it playable. Until of course they start adding in fast travel to the high population hubs (if those arent already part of the initial phase). People want bigger and more elaborate until they look around and theyre alone. Although in some cases (most maybe) people like playing multiplayer games solo. As long as they have a multiplayer market or store to buy or sell things. Or trading with other people in some fashion.

Person above mentioned Conan. Why did it fail? It offered everything everyone could want more or less. Even had a pretty decent IP behind it. introduced some unique mechanics (slaves/thralls), had as good a building system as ARK does, PvP, RP value for the streamers. It even had ALL the streamers playing it for a month or two. What happened?
    Lokero
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,664
    Well i play a private server,4 grids,it still feels big but not nearly as big as the official.3 grids are PVE and 1 is pvp,imo a nice setup.
    IMO at least for me,i don't need to see lots of people,there is way too much to do even if you want to just PVE and forget the world of people lol.

I guarantee you die to some wolf you will spend the next week gearing up and hunting that sucker down lol.There is a lot of getting even in this game,even with PVE.

I sum it up like this...

MOST of my game purchases the last 10 years have me wanting to logout an delete the games.Atlas has kept me challenged and intrigued and very busy and entertained.So for me it has been a good purchase, even after the first few days of complete frustration,it is offering me value.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,847
    I guess the reason for the 'no buzz' is self evident.

edited January 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Bloodaxes said:

What if you see someone as a sociopath but they identify as a carebear, what server they should join? 

Just a joke, keep your knickers on! ;)
    My guess is folks with such conditions exist and thrive in any competitive environment where there are clear or perceived markers to define "winning."

In PVE it tends to be mastery of high end raiding.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited January 2019
    Bloodaxes said:
    Kyleran said:

That would be the ideal thing to do. However, this is a survival game in the end. The content for pve servers will be quite limited guaranteed, as they expect players to stay longer and make "content" through pvp wars.

Same thing in conan exiles. At least they offered a server ruleset that had a mix of both (PVE-Conflict) where pvp was only allowed during a specific hour and buildings could never be destroyed by players. Even that sometimes had asshats who camped the best farming spots (Even starting areas) until pvp turned off then logging off. When asked why not simply go to a pvp server they tell you because they don't want their base to be destroyed...   

I hate killing others unsuspecting, makes me feel bad. I'll only pvp when it's consensual (Battlegrounds, arena, whatever).
    Reminds me EVE, while I usually played support roles, on those rare occasions I would go out on small fleet roams as DPS if we caught some miners in a belt my corp mates often remarked I didn't appear on the kill mail.

Never told them it was because I never tried to fire a shot, just mumbled something about the cat jumping in my lap or spilling soda..

Killing those not prepared for a good fight has zero appeal unless its some sort of declared, vile enemy invading my groups territory.
    kitarad