Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Buzz?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,165
    lahnmir said:
    I am pretty hyped, it looks and sounds frigging amazing. Most here aren’t though, this is where souls go to die  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Yeah, but you get hyped or like most everything,  so your taste is suspect.

;) 

lahnmiralkarionlog

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,528
    Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:
    I am pretty hyped, it looks and sounds frigging amazing. Most here aren’t though, this is where souls go to die  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

;) 

Hey, what can I say? I am a glass half full type with an utter disregard as to what others do or don’t enjoy. And talking about taste is suspect, how is FO76 treating you?  :* ( I own it too).

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    Sovrath said:
    Sal1 said:
    I am not hyped because it's an open world PVP game. I hate those. So I won't be playing this title.
    The advertised world is so large that odds are that pvp can be avoided for the most part.
    That's not really fair. I think people who don't want pvp just don't want pvp.

There are going to be squads of people who will make it their game play experience to scour the world for those who just want to go about their business.

What we need to have are people who don't like pvp "not" playing games with pvp.
    And then complaining about the PvP. This is another "Groundhog Day" scenario imo.
    Sovrath
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,528
    lahnmir said:
    Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

;) 

Hey, what can I say? I am a glass half full type with an utter disregard as to what others do or don’t enjoy. And talking about taste is suspect, how is FO76 treating you?  :* ( I own it too).

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    To add, I think the main difference is that I don’t complain and whine about the games I don’t like, and really, there are many. Any game by Ubisoft, the Witcher series, both RDR games, SWG, all sport games and most 4X games, most turn based strategy games etc. etc. I won’t waste my time and breath complaining about them, hence my positive attitude.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    TorvalAsheram
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:
    Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

;) 

Hey, what can I say? I am a glass half full type with an utter disregard as to what others do or don’t enjoy. And qtalking about taste is suspect, how is FO76 treating you?  :* ( I own it too).

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Heck, I  broke the darn glass long ago, it all just runs onto the floor now.
     :# 

I am enjoying FO76 but as I dislike most everything I know my taste is suspect as well

Unlike you I can't even consider playing another game as I'm working on FO 76 at present as I am still the "Highlander." (There can be only one)

Besides, there is still NMS that I need to get back to.

I'd say I'm good for at least the next 6 months.

Cheers.

ConstantineMerus

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,275
    This site is full of PvE Carebears that have to shoot down any upcoming PvP MMO, something I can't understand the vast majority of MMO's already is PvE focused, there is lack of varied offer on the PvP setting not the PvE one.

The New World by Amazon is another one on this thing, that MMO in dev gets shot down for being PvP focused too, having game loops more on trade, guild play and territorial conquest.
    Vinterkrig
    MaxBacon said:
    This site is full of PvE Carebears that have to shoot down any upcoming PvP MMO, something I can't understand the vast majority of MMO's already is PvE focused, there is lack of varied offer on the PvP setting not the PvE one.

The New World by Amazon is another one on this thing, that MMO in dev gets shot down for being PvP focused too, having game loops more on trade, guild play and territorial conquest.
    Then those PvP MMOs should stop marketing to PvE players and this wouldn't happen. No one complains that DOTA and LOL aren't PvE games because they don't try and sell themselves as that to milk a few extra dollars.  There are two halves to the coin and it's a shared blame and responsibility.
    MadFrenchie
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    Full loot on PVP.  No thanks.  I'll pass.  If PVP games were so popular, then WoW wouldn't be the biggest MMORPG now would it.  It has PVP, but it's PVE "Carebear" focused...  I get it.  Some of you all LOVE the PVP.  It's awesome that yall found something you enjoy.  Some don't care for it though. 
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,275
    Torval said:
    Then those PvP MMOs should stop marketing to PvE players and this wouldn't happen. No one complains that DOTA and LOL aren't PvE games because they don't try and sell themselves as that to milk a few extra dollars.  There are two halves to the coin and it's a shared blame and responsibility.
    They are marketing to the MMO genre, that is a mix of PvP and PvE, and in fact Atlas does show to have both PvP and PvE servers so it makes sense to advertise they provide that option within the MMO server scale they are going for.
    Sovrath said:
    Sal1 said:
    I am not hyped because it's an open world PVP game. I hate those. So I won't be playing this title.
    The advertised world is so large that odds are that pvp can be avoided for the most part.

There are going to be squads of people who will make it their game play experience to scour the world for those who just want to go about their business.

What we need to have are people who don't like pvp "not" playing games with pvp.
    Although I do agree, unfortunately they made the world so large that just the pvp crowd will make it feel as empty as darkfall.  People of all types will be needed to make this thing successful.  

I think they overestimated the MMO FFA PVP base.

This!  So much this!!!  Even I know that these full on PVP games are not that big of a draw.  I just don't get it.  PVP players do their thing, drive the PVE players away, then wonder why no one is around to PVP.
    poobin420
    MaxBacon said:
    Torval said:
    They are marketing to the MMO genre, that is a mix of PvP and PvE, and in fact Atlas does show to have both PvP and PvE servers so it makes sense to advertise they provide that option within the MMO server scale they are going for.
    If there are PVE servers, then I'll give the game a try.  Based on the little bit of skimming I did, I didn't see that there were.  Thanks for the info.
    Kyleran
    MaxBacon said:
    Torval said:
    What a load of crap. Come back when you want to have a real discussion.
    Kyleran

• Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 3,096
    Done with buzz, done with hype, about done with MMO's at this point. I have gotten too excited about too many titles only to be let down.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,343
    meh another pirate game, maybe wait they launch it to start to see if you will like, its a new early access, later people wonder why things like 76 are made
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    MaxBacon said:

You do realize quite a few upcoming indie MMOs are PVP focused right? 

Probabaly can use one hand to count the new PVE centric titles and still will have several fingers left over.

Torval

edited December 2018
    Sovrath said:
    Sal1 said:

Although I do agree, unfortunately they made the world so large that just the pvp crowd will make it feel as empty as darkfall.  People of all types will be needed to make this thing successful.  

This!  So much this!!!  Even I know that these full on PVP games are not that big of a draw.  I just don't get it.  PVP players do their thing, drive the PVE players away, then wonder why no one is around to PVP.
    In all fairness, survival titles such as Rust, Ark, Conan Exiles and H1Z1 have all been proven money makers,  same with Fortnight, PUBG and a host of other BRs.

Atlas is likely to share more with the above than a traditional progression based MMORPG where PVP has proven unpopular in most cases.

VinterkrigTorval

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,562
    MaxBacon said:

Its not being a carebear its watching a dying genre continue to strangle itself completely out of existence by trying to force PvP (and open world full loot PvP to boot) on people.

There has never ever been (and they have certainly tried) a PvP centric let alone a full on PvP gankfest full loot campers delight game even be close to viable let alone popular. How many PvP games have there been? A half a dozen at least, and just as many still in development now. They dont work they wont work and they never will work.

It shows a special kind of stupid for these people for continually trying to ram it down our throats. I suspect they think because a bunch of sociopaths love these battle royal type games its a green light that a PvP focused MMO still has a chance. That basically shows how completely out of touch they are with reality.

If your favorite game ever was even close to the point where their gameplay choices were worth debating then they would be just the next example of complete disconnect with reality.

ANY game, I dont care what it is that has a full fledged open world (not specific zones but every area of the map) where PvP is allowed it has ZERO ZERO ZERO chance of being any sort of profitable title. Unless of course they do what youre guys are doing, stay in perpetual development rip 500 million from 'backers' and spend 50 million on something and call it a game.
    VinterkrigKalebGrayson
  • VinterkrigVinterkrig Member UncommonPosts: 1,862
    Sovrath said:
    Sal1 said:

Did they?

Or did they look at how many people are playing Ark, Rust and all the other games of that nature?

There is decent sized population of gamers that absolutely want the pvp they're offering... 
  • VinterkrigVinterkrig Member UncommonPosts: 1,862
    rodarin said:
    MaxBacon said:

Its not being a carebear its watching a dying genre continue to strangle itself completely out of existence by trying to force PvP (and open world full loot PvP to boot) on people.

There has never ever been (and they have certainly tried) a PvP centric let alone a full on PvP gankfest full loot campers delight game even be close to viable let alone popular. How many PvP games have there been? A half a dozen at least, and just as many still in development now. They dont work they wont work and they never will work.

It shows a special kind of stupid for these people for continually trying to ram it down our throats. I suspect they think because a bunch of sociopaths love these battle royal type games its a green light that a PvP focused MMO still has a chance. That basically shows how completely out of touch they are with reality.

If your favorite game ever was even close to the point where their gameplay choices were worth debating then they would be just the next example of complete disconnect with reality.

ANY game, I dont care what it is that has a full fledged open world (not specific zones but every area of the map) where PvP is allowed it has ZERO ZERO ZERO chance of being any sort of profitable title. Unless of course they do what youre guys are doing, stay in perpetual development rip 500 million from 'backers' and spend 50 million on something and call it a game.

Most of the PVP focused games include MASSIVE grinds that are not fun for PVE or PVP folk, and have been led by small teams that were unable to find a good balance. There are certainly games that have been difficult that have been popular, like Ultima Online, still running strong and there are tons of EMU servers up.

And seriously, a fk'ing nough of calling fans of PVP sociopaths, because they like competition against real people. Honestly, it's people like you who cause them to get "toxic" and push the stick up the backdoor a little harder.. it just becomes comical. And speaking of reality, the most popular games are centered around player vs player combat, so maybe you need to look around a little more because you have ZERO ZERO ZERO clue on what you're talking about.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,562
    rodarin said:
    MaxBacon said:

Most of the PVP focused games include MASSIVE grinds that are not fun for PVE or PVP folk, and have been led by small teams that were unable to find a good balance. There are certainly games that have been difficult that have been popular, like Ultima Online, still running strong and there are tons of EMU servers up.

And seriously, a fk'ing nough of calling fans of PVP sociopaths, because they like competition against real people. Honestly, it's people like you who cause them to get "toxic" and push the stick up the backdoor a little harder.. it just becomes comical. And speaking of reality, the most popular games are centered around player vs player combat, so maybe you need to look around a little more because you have ZERO ZERO ZERO clue on what you're talking about.
    LOL you must miss all the streams where streamers go mental (over a game) if they lose. Or ones where guys beat up their wives live. Or guys go to streamers houses to threaten them. And any other completely deranged thing people who play these games do on a daily basis.

Oh and lets all forget about Jacksonville while we are at it
    Vinterkrig
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:
    MaxBacon said:

LOL you must miss all the streams where streamers go mental (over a game) if they lose. Or ones where guys beat up their wives live. Or guys go to streamers houses to threaten them. And any other completely deranged thing people who play these games do on a daily basis.

Come on, man.  I know you are trying to be dramatic for emphasis, but that's just comically over the top.

There are deranged people doing that stuff all over the place, every day.  Linking a like for PVP competition in video games to sociopathy is ridiculous.

There are just as many nutjobs playing PVE as PVP.  You just don't see that on streams and hear about it because competitive streaming is a much more popular source of views than non-competitive.  And, moreso, because the media likes to dramatize everything related to video game violence.
    People who play D&D are cultists and witches;  People who play violent games like GTA are murderers;  People who play competitive PVP are sociopaths.
    Vinterkrig
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Its my understanding there will be 2 official servers (a PVP and a PVE server) 
    rodarin said:
    MaxBacon said:

I agree that Fortnite and other shooter PVP games are WAY more popular than MMORPG's.  What I don't get is why, if PVP is so popular, are all the PVP realms in the vast MINORITY on MMORPG's?  That's what I meant (and failed to communicate clearly).  From what I've observed, the pool of PVP players in MMORPG's is much smaller than the Pool of PVE players.  Perhaps it IS the grind that PVP'ers don't like and that keeps them in the shooters.  When I was in my 20's, I PVP'd all the time.  World PVP, Battleground, Arenas.  I'm in my 40's now and I have lost all interest.  I didn't lose interest because of losing matches, I just don't care to get that worked up anymore.  I'd log off after an evening of PVP and couldn't fall asleep.  I was too worked up.  Either way, in MMORPG's it seems to be that the PVPers are the minority.
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:
    MaxBacon said:

Or all the "swell" videos of streamers being "SWATTED", there's even a top 10 list. 

Sure it can happen in a PVE focused game, but far lower risk of it occurring,  unless someone ninja loots the dragon.....

;)
    Torval