Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Magic the Gathering: Arena

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,359
Anyone played the beta of Magic the Gathering:  Arena?  How difficult would it be for someone to pick up if they've never played MTG before?

Thanks!

Comments

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember EpicPosts: 5,518
    edited December 2018
    It wouldn't be difficult at all. Just don't try to think too much and follow the guidelines(if you can - I generally can't, where's the fun in that). Here are some tips and reviews:

(note: Blue White decklist has been changed recently)
    (this entire series is very educational ; though I don't necessarily like the guy, there's something off about those videos ; still bloody good suggestions!)

note: It doesn't currently have any AI mode, you'll be thrown to the wolves. There is some Deck Strength Matchmaking, but it's...kinda working. The entire game's also quite hyper right now, due to Ixalan block. Expect sub turn 10 matches aka VERY QUICK. Some will even end before you realize what's happening. 

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
    Post edited by Gorwe on
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,359
    OK, thanks!  How's the complexity compared to Hearthstone?  I'm not the greatest strategist, but I enjoyed that game some.
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember EpicPosts: 5,518
    edited December 2018
    OK, thanks!  How's the complexity compared to Hearthstone?  I'm not the greatest strategist, but I enjoyed that game some.
    When you start, the starting decks should get fixed(refer to Legenvd's videos for that), but it's mostly like Hearthstone at that level. Pretty linear with some interactions here and there(and the addition of Instant speed casts). I am a good strategist, but the RNG core of card games drives me nuts(I just wanna a battle of wills as opposed to battle of RNG). I'd advise you to try it for a week-two when you're already asking for it. The most you stand to lose is 5$(be careful: this is a  pre VAT price - they're sketchy like that) if you opt to purchase that welcome bundle of theirs.
    Post edited by Gorwe on