Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard: 'We're Committed to Delivering Diablo Experiences the Community Can be Proud Of' - MMORPG.

13»

Comments

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    all that money they make with cosmetic blinded them.
    indie games get more respect next year, many AA company have failed tis year. (bethesta,EA,Blizzard and even rock star red dead 2 online P2W...)
  • DecardCainDecardCain Member UncommonPosts: 45
    So what do we need to expect from Blizzard? Diablo Immortal 2? I hope that I'm wrong and they will announce Diablo 4.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    So what do we need to expect from Blizzard? Diablo Immortal 2? I hope that I'm wrong and they will announce Diablo 4.
    Diablo Party for Nintendo Switch.
    syltmacka
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    They really think we forgot they have stated they moved their best developers to their mobile crap.
    [Deleted User]Thahar
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    A lot of these big companies such as Acti-Blizz, EA, Ubisoft, etc, are more interested in chasing dollars and unfortunately it's been like this for a while. Most of us can remember when we got 100% of a game then that became 70% game + DLC, so on and so forth. Fast forward with micro-transactions it was glorious for certain companies, they made a ton of money, now with the heat on micro-transactions we're seeing the influx of mobile games which is insanely easier to exploit people and moving some PC games to support the Chinese market.

Yes I agree, companies need to adapt, unfortunately a lot of them do not care about you and just want to exploit as much money out of you. Granted not all companies have fallen to the wayside and actually care about the product they are delivering to you.

It's a sad state IMO but these companies don't want to make games for their current market, they don't make "enough" money from you. They will "do what they can" to quench the flames but that's about it, you're not priority number one anymore and I believe we'll see more mobile games until the next big money-making phase is acknowledged.

I'm not saying I'm against it, companies need to make money, I just don't agree with it but I'll just keep my money in my wallet and spend it on something else.
    jimmywolfThaharArskaaa
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Aeander said:
    Diablo Party for Nintendo Switch.
    With Amiibo support!  Imagine running fireball Mario through there and killing legions of demons.
    I would actually buy this. Not gonna lie.
    Albatroes
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    AAA game companies are just committed to their 1% super yacht owning sharing holders. Gamer's need to cut them all lose. Its to late for these companies to go back caring about their costumers.
    Bethesda
    EA
    Blizzard/Activision
    No more money from me.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Hariken said:
    AAA game companies are just committed to their 1% super yacht owning sharing holders. Gamer's need to cut them all lose. Its to late for these companies to go back caring about their costumers.
    Bethesda
    EA
    Blizzard/Activision
    No more money from me.
    Maybe consider SE to that list too if they do again what they just ended up doing with FFXV's season pass content by cancelling half the content that was "promised."
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Heretique said:
    A lot of these big companies such as Acti-Blizz, EA, Ubisoft, etc, are more interested in chasing dollars and unfortunately it's been like this for a while. Most of us can remember when we got 100% of a game then that became 70% game + DLC, so on and so forth. Fast forward with micro-transactions it was glorious for certain companies, they made a ton of money, now with the heat on micro-transactions we're seeing the influx of mobile games which is insanely easier to exploit people and moving some PC games to support the Chinese market.

Yes I agree, companies need to adapt, unfortunately a lot of them do not care about you and just want to exploit as much money out of you. Granted not all companies have fallen to the wayside and actually care about the product they are delivering to you.

It's a sad state IMO but these companies don't want to make games for their current market, they don't make "enough" money from you. They will "do what they can" to quench the flames but that's about it, you're not priority number one anymore and I believe we'll see more mobile games until the next big money-making phase is acknowledged.

I'm not saying I'm against it, companies need to make money, I just don't agree with it but I'll just keep my money in my wallet and spend it on something else.
    I don’t know much about a lot of games but taking a game like AC Odyssey I’ve never had so much game for the price of admission. There are micro transactions but hell if I know why anyone would need them. The game is overflowing with included content cosmetics and all.
    jimmywolfThahar

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I cant say much more that hasn't been said better by others. My loyalty for Blizzard has been reset to zero. There have to re-earn my loyalty again. New game: wait and see the reviews previous would have been a pre-order. Blizzcon: hah no way, previously would have been and strong maybe. You get the idea.
  • LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    DMKano said:

Once companies get to be the size of Blizzard - they literally must expand into mobile space to stay profitable and keep growing. At billion + dollars and 5000+ employees what else are they gonna do?

Blizzard has exhausted PC and console market, they must go after mobile if they want to grow financially. 

Mmorpg genre is pretty much dead - its only future are indie games that might not end up making enough money to sustain even a niche playerbase - and if that happens - mmorpgs are done.

The real issue is this - are there enough players today who would be willing to put in the time and money like they did 20 years ago to make mmorpgs viable in today's market?
    I don't think I agree with anything you said.  How do you exhaust a market when you release so few games over the past 20 years reusing the same IP over and over?  It just feels lazy given the amount of money that they have made over the years.

15 years ago if you would have asked me where Blizzard would be I would have said that they would be on the forefront of the industry.. developing mobile applications.. yes!  But developing them to augment their core user base which lives on the PC.  Not taking one of their most successful IP's and just throwing it into the trash and then making a 'major' announcement of a mobile only game... that's just stupid.

And to say the MMORPG genre is dead I don't think is accurate.  I think what companies have done since the release of WoW is go in a direction that has gone away from the MMORPG core user base.. they pulled in other types of users from FPS games, RTS games etc and the end result is that they are developing a type of game that nobody will be happy playing. 

They are focusing too much on combat and trying to make a fight simulator, that's not what MMORPGs are about.  They should be about a social experience, it's the ultimate chat room where people can meet, enjoy each others company doing whatever the game provides for them to do.  Is it for everybody?  No, but there is a core user base that is looking for this type of game.

• EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 417

Wonder if they realize that if they were just to tell about some of the projects then it might make the bad Blizzcon taste go away? I do not personally believe Blizz will ever do another MMO as I do not think lightning strikes twice. If they were to do a Diablo MMO that even resembles the current state of WOW and the FO76 revolt would look like a small fly on the wall.

Diablo 4, the mobile game and an anime or even manga series would be my guess on what is in the works.

At this point I do not have faith that they will not find a way to screw up WoW classic.

Diablo 4, survival game, build your own dungeon in Hell!
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited December 2018
    Projects!?!? Releasing diablo crunchies? Diablo toys? Diablo bed sheets? Diablo slippers? Diablo toothpase? Right now ill Buy a Diablo toilet paper..

If it isnt a
    Diablo MMORPG or Diablo 4 for PC shut shut your Diablo Press Office.. til then tik-tak the clock is ticking and the competition are looming
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    I left Blizzcon vowing I would never give Blizzard another dime....they could create the 2nd coming of video games, and I refuse to support them, unless you were there you have no clue how arrogant and contemptuous they are towards the player community.
    But if they were to create the "2nd coming" of video games, what would it matter?

I don't expect companies to do anything other than to create products I want and I would like good customer service.

I'm not there to be there friend and I'm not "in it" for them to be mine.

How, having said that, at BlizzCon I would hope they would be more engaging and gracious. And if they weren't then that would be a shame.

But if my favorite companies continued making games I loved and gave me good Customer Service when I needed it (and I really haven't needed much over the years) then that would be fine by me.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    DMKano said:
    I'm ready for all of these companies to move on to the mobile market and good riddance.  I'd love to see the MMORPG genre return to its niche status with a stable full of more cerebral games catered to by indie companies who care about their customers and their product as much as the money they make.

Once companies get to be the size of Blizzard - they literally must expand into mobile space to stay profitable and keep growing. At billion + dollars and 5000+ employees what else are they gonna do?

Blizzard has exhausted PC and console market, they must go after mobile if they want to grow financially. 

Mmorpg genre is pretty much dead - its only future are indie games that might not end up making enough money to sustain even a niche playerbase - and if that happens - mmorpgs are done.

The real issue is this - are there enough players today who would be willing to put in the time and money like they did 20 years ago to make mmorpgs viable in today's market?
    While I agree that publicly traded companies probably need to go into mobile (unless they can prove to their investors that they can be very profitable and still ignore mobile) I don't think mmorpg's need to demand time and money like 20 years ago.

They just need to be more realistic about the audience (not expecting millions) and plan accordingly.

However, I know I can spend the time and money that I used to give Lineage 2 and would be willing to do that again for the right game.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    ET3D said:

Though his analogy of promising a kid to go to Disneyland and then taking them to the dentist

More like the dad is telling the kid: "I'm taking you out today", the kid imagining that they'd go to Disneyland, and the parent taking them to McDonalds.

And believe me, my kids had this kind of reaction a lot, especially when they were little. They ask for something, believe that when I say "we're not going to Disneyland now" it means "we're going tomorrow" and then build in their head a scenario and are devastated when it doesn't come true. "But you promised!"

The pity is that hundreds of thousands of Diablo fans think the same way as a 6 year old.
    If you're going to try to apply context, apply it all:

It's more like dad having taken the kid to Disney World over and over for decades, then meaning Wal-Mart one day without so much as a hint to the kids they weren't talking about the Disney World trip they had taken over and over and over in the decades prior.  Then dad acts surprised the kid assumed Disney World and responds with "they got stuff you can buy at Wal-Mart too, don't they?"

And all the poppa Publishers sang together: "EXPECTATIONNNSSS... Go to hell!"