Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After Saga of Lucimia 'Friends & Family' Event, New Sizzle Reel Arrives - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 2,572
edited November 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageAfter Saga of Lucimia 'Friends & Family' Event, New Sizzle Reel Arrives - MMORPG.com

The Saga of Lucimia team took part in a "friends and family" event earlier this week and has posted a "sizzle" video of some of the event's best moments. In addition, a bevy of screenshots have been released across SoL's social media channels.

Read the full story here


blueturtle13RenfailMadFrenchieAmathe
«1

Comments

  • RenfailRenfail Member RarePosts: 1,316
    Thanks for posting :)
    SBFordblueturtle13ThupliPhrytweedledumb99
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 486

    Renfail said:

    Thanks for posting :)



    What Engine are you using?
    Footage seems a bit too foggy, is there a reason for it?
  • RenfailRenfail Member RarePosts: 1,316
    TEKK3N said:

    Renfail said:

    Thanks for posting :)



    What Engine are you using?
    Footage seems a bit too foggy, is there a reason for it?
    Atmospheric effects. So yes, there is a reason for it. 
    Thuplitweedledumb99
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 32,083
    TEKK3N said:
    Renfail said:
    Thanks for posting :)
    What Engine are you using?
    Footage seems a bit too foggy, is there a reason for it?
    Sorta like an impressionist painting. :)
    blueturtle13TEKK3NConstantineMerus

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

  • ScotScot Member EpicPosts: 10,600
    Family? Is there no place you can get away from them? :)
    AlbatroesRenfailbobbymcswansonKyleranShaighPhryConstantineMerustweedledumb99

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 5,885

    Scot said:

    Family? Is there no place you can get away from them? :)



    This make sense as to why everyone always say games are more fun with friends but never say family lol.
    RenfailAmatheScotPhrytweedledumb99
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,226
    First footage I have watched of this game. I like it!
    bobbymcswansontweedledumb99
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 15,763
    Well i feel this is done too often in games,the fog and lacks depth in view.
    It so happens that is what Vanguard was trying to do,be the first game to give us better longer viewscapes but of course ended up lagging on most machines.

    Personally i won't like everything in fog,it does nothing for my immersion/gameplay unless it is like once in a blue moon.Believe it or not,sometimes simple global lighting works best just because you can see everything better.Now of course,as i mentioned here and there,subtle changes add a nice effect but wouldn't want that fog 24/7.

    What i see so far looks good enough,game play is most important to me as long as i don't see cartoon graphics.

    Are the houses going to have doors or is there little to no animation in the world?

    I think Elloa should be a character in game with that awesome sexy voice lol.
    Renfail

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • RenfailRenfail Member RarePosts: 1,316
    Thupli said:
    First footage I have watched of this game. I like it!
    Make sure you go back and watch the past 3-4 years of footage so you can see the progress :) We've come a long way, and still have a long way to go!
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • RenfailRenfail Member RarePosts: 1,316
    Wizardry said:


    Are the houses going to have doors or is there little to no animation in the world?


    We'll more than likely be working with a LOTRO / EQ2 style. That is, any building with a door on it may either be a static door, or it may be interactable. If you can interact with it, you will click it and then be transported to the interior. 

    That could change, but that's how we're doing things now (see our existing tavern in the test videos; you click the door to enter/exit). 
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,226

    Renfail said:


    Thupli said:

    First footage I have watched of this game. I like it!


    Make sure you go back and watch the past 3-4 years of footage so you can see the progress :) We've come a long way, and still have a long way to go!



    It is more than the graphics. I liked the stamina/ weight thing with armor. I liked the danger presented.

    Is most of the grouping built for 5 man parties? I've always hoped that some games would gear for duoing and trioing content.
    Renfail
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,133
    I'm actually quite impressed with the visualization. In an age where everyone screams for crystal clear top end graphics, I find this to be a much more relaxing approach. I think the word I'm looking for is natural, but at the same time, fantasy. A job very well done.
    ThupliRenfailScot

  • RenfailRenfail Member RarePosts: 1,316
    Thupli said:

    Renfail said:


    Thupli said:

    First footage I have watched of this game. I like it!


    Make sure you go back and watch the past 3-4 years of footage so you can see the progress :) We've come a long way, and still have a long way to go!



    It is more than the graphics. I liked the stamina/ weight thing with armor. I liked the danger presented.

    Is most of the grouping built for 5 man parties? I've always hoped that some games would gear for duoing and trioing content.
    I'd say roughly 10% is for solo/duo, 15% is group-only (dungeons for 8-man groups and raids for multi-group content), and the other 75% is made up of content that can be tackled by groups of 3 - 6 players. 
    Thupli
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • RenfailRenfail Member RarePosts: 1,316
    Rhoklaw said:
    I'm actually quite impressed with the visualization. In an age where everyone screams for crystal clear top end graphics, I find this to be a much more relaxing approach. I think the word I'm looking for is natural, but at the same time, fantasy. A job very well done.
    We're aiming for fantasy but not hyper-realism. Thanks!
    Rhoklaw
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • AmatheAmathe Member EpicPosts: 4,674
    This looks really, really good.
    Renfail

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,570
    Big thumbs up for what you are doing here.

    At some later stage, I am definitely going to buy this game even if it was only to support you. I believe I am gonna like the game though :).
    RenfailThupli
  • RenfailRenfail Member RarePosts: 1,316
    edited November 2018
    Amathe said:
    This looks really, really good.
    Thanks! 

    We've still got a long way to go as far as animations, spell effects, and many other "polish" features go, but our core combat system is now in place, and we're starting to work on some optimization and balance these days. 

    Crafting + questing are next on the agenda, and are on the schedule for Release 12 in early 2019 (tentatively March).

    Still more tweaking to come; we're a long way from a launched, polished product. But we're getting there!
    Thuplimmolou
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • RenfailRenfail Member RarePosts: 1,316
    Big thumbs up for what you are doing here.

    At some later stage, I am definitely going to buy this game even if it was only to support you. I believe I am gonna like the game though :).
    We'll be here :) 
    coretex666
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,332
    edited November 2018
    Looks good. Some of the names wouldnt pass muster.
    Slapshot1188Renfailmmolou
  • bcbullybcbully Member RarePosts: 9,462

    Thupli said:

    First footage I have watched of this game. I like it!




    Thupli said:

    First footage I have watched of this game. I like it!



    Did you notice you saw nothing in the way of combat?

    By the comments like yours I thought I’d see how far they’ve come from their test earlier this year which featured the worst desynced combat the genre has seen.

    Mind sharing a vid with some type of player/npc interaction?
    Renfailmmolou
  • ScotScot Member EpicPosts: 10,600
    edited November 2018


    Looks good. Some of the names wouldnt pass muster.



    The mist seemed excessive to me but otherwise it looked really good. Some of the names, well I guess you don't want to have to explain to your mum or whoever why a name is not a proper roleplaying name. They probably already think you are not mainstream enough. :)

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • RenfailRenfail Member RarePosts: 1,316
    edited November 2018
    Looks good. Some of the names wouldnt pass muster.
    Yep, we aren't really worried about names at present unless they are blatantly offensive because characters are frequently wiped and we aren't dealing with a live community. 

    To-date, we've only had to force a couple of players to change their names. 

    But seriously, we're doing a thread derail AGAIN over naming policies? Let's keep things on track, please. 
    mmolou
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • RenfailRenfail Member RarePosts: 1,316
    bcbully said:



    Did you notice you saw nothing in the way of combat?

    By the comments like yours I thought I’d see how far they’ve come from their test earlier this year which featured the worst desynced combat the genre has seen.

    Mind sharing a vid with some type of player/npc interaction?

    It's a pre-alpha. Things like combat pacing, animations, abilities, and the like, are a long, long way from being finalized or polished. Come back after our launch if you want to judge us based on existing, polished, launched titles. 
     


    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • ScotScot Member EpicPosts: 10,600
    Back on track then, is a camp scene now going to be obligatory now RDR has popularised "camps"? :)

    I am actually all for anything that makes people congregate and interact, some sort of camping system with benefits (gamers love to think they are getting some in game benefit) could be something to think about?

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • RenfailRenfail Member RarePosts: 1,316
    edited November 2018
    Scot said:
    Back on track then, is a camp scene now going to be obligatory now RDR has popularised "camps"? :)

    I am actually all for anything that makes people congregate and interact, some sort of camping system with benefits (gamers love to think they are getting some in game benefit) could be something to think about?

    We're shooting for the Star Wars Galaxies mechanics related to battle fatigue and wounds. And we had this in the works long before RDR came along :) 

    Taverns are the first places. Long-term, camps will be placeable by characters ala Lord of the Rings Online, so long as they have the requisite player-crafted reagants to make campfires in the first place. 

    Also, long-term, players with high-level First Aid will be able to use salves/potions/bandages/etc. to remove wounds from players. 

    However, battle fatigue will ONLY be removable at campfires or taverns. 

    This is part of our long-term goal of having taverns be our "hot spot" for player congretation in between adventuring sessions out in the wild.


    PhrymmolouSovrathMadFrenchieThupliScotcoretex666Lokero
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
Sign In or Register to comment.