Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 Review - Our Verdict on Bethesda's Wasteland Extravaganza - Fallout 76 Review

Comments

• ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Cleffy said:
    Seems to me most of the responses are like this. I didn't play this game, but all the other reviews on it say its a buggy mess. Argh why did you give this a 7. You should reaffirm my decision in not playing this game.
    It's called the bandwagon.   Forums like this and social media encourage negativity and doom and gloom.  If you enjoy a video game or hold an opposing view of that site or social media you will be pushed out.  

It's why 99.99999999999999999999999% of gamers NEVER step foot in sites like this, official forums or gaming social media platforms.  
    RemyVorender
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 2,869
    Cleffy said:
    Seems to me most of the responses are like this. I didn't play this game, but all the other reviews on it say its a buggy mess. Argh why did you give this a 7. You should reaffirm my decision in not playing this game.
    then don't, you shouldn't trust reviews from journalists, you shouldn't trust anything then a journalist says to tell the truth
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,823
    7/10 is a fair review. I also give it a 7/10. Really enjoying the game overall.
    PhaserlightmaskedweaselTorval

Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, BDO, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
    ESO, Fallen Earth, FFXI, FFXIV, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MxO, Neverwinter, Rift, RoE,
    Ryzom, Shadowbane, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...and a bunch of others not worth mentioning.

Joined - July 2004

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    Cleffy said:
    It's called the bandwagon.   Forums like this and social media encourage negativity and doom and gloom.  If you enjoy a video game or hold an opposing view of that site or social media you will be pushed out.  

It's why 99.99999999999999999999999% of gamers NEVER step foot in sites like this, official forums or gaming social media platforms.  
    Again, this is a piss poor altar to carry around on your little crusade.

The negativity surrounding this title was sparked by very real issues with the game itself.
    MendelEponyxDamor

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 2,947
    edited November 2018
    Cleffy said:

That's 25 significant figures, chief, denoting a minimum sample size of one septillion gamers. 

Do you live in the Bootes Void?
    AeanderMadFrenchie

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 4 tracks in Distance

Cleffy said:

The negativity surrounding this title was sparked by very real issues with the game itself.
    I would love to reply to you but the tone and personal shots of your reply will not allow me to reply without some kind of retaliation from other posters or staff.  

Could you please reword your comment to be less aggressive? 
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 1,887

Just use the ignore feature, bro. Your sanity will thank you for it.
    PhaserlightAeanderTacticalZombeh

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,852
    edited November 2018
    OG_Zorvan said:

It's already paying dividends for my sanity.

Oh, and would anyone like to call out the 99.999999999999999etc% figure out as a lie? This is what he calls a lie, right?
    OG_Zorvan
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Cleffy said:

So the bandwagon was right about the other Fallouts but wrong about this one, and concocted enough negativity for AAA game studio under a billion dollar parent to buckle and start pushing patch changes?

Also, apparently gamers are magical off-the-grid beings who aren't on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Twitch.

Would you like to rethink your last sentence and your repeating 9 number again? This site, and official forums be damned. Once you mentioned social media... matter of fact here:

214 million Facebook users in the US
    329 million people in the US as of 2018

57% of the video game player population = 35 y/o and younger.

Keep making pretend the people on the "bandwagon" are some lost tribe on an island if you want.  :D
    OG_Zorvan
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Cleffy said:

That's 25 significant figures, chief, denoting a minimum sample size of ten septillion gamers. 

The exaggurated number was used to emphasize the significance of those who never step foot in a site like this.  The number was not meant to be used literally.  Was not aware a site like this had math nazies too.  

It's ok bud I understand you are just trying to join your friends and trying to be snarky with me.  Welcome aboard! 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    Cleffy said:

I would love to reply to you but the tone and personal shots of your reply will not allow me to reply without some kind of retaliation from other posters or staff.  

Could you please reword your comment to be less aggressive? 
    There were no personal attacks in my reply.  Quit acting like a chicken little about moderation.  You're only going to create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• MrG8MrG8 Member UncommonPosts: 106
    I havent had this fun in a game for a long time. Im looking forward for what to come in game!
    TorvalmaskedweaselRemyVorender
    Maybe there are 10 septillion gamers hiding somewhere. I'd like that. I'm lonely and depressed here.
    OG_Zorvan
    OG_Zorvan said:

Its weird how he claims to have me on ignore but follows me around to every single thread I post in. This is a little creepy to he honest.

Btw someone might want to tell him this is the very definition of harassment.   
    Aeander said:
    Maybe there are 10 septillion gamers hiding somewhere. I'd like that. I'm lonely and depressed here.
    They would probably want to assimilate you if you met them.
    OG_Zorvan

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

Aeander said:
    They would probably want to assimilate you if you met them.
    *Shrugs.* It would probably be the highlight of my week.
    Phaserlight
    Aeander said:
    OG_Zorvan said:

It's already paying dividends for my sanity.

Oh, and would anyone like to call out the 99.999999999999999etc% figure out as a lie? This is what he calls a lie, right?
    Wow two posters who apparently have me on ignore follow me to every thread to harass me?  Is this allowed here?  How is this type if harassment allowed on this site?  If they want to be cowards and hide behind their screens that's cool but how about they just leave me alone?  
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,631

someone got a nice bag at least....

OG_ZorvankitaradFlyByKnight
    Aeander said:
    If you harassed them as much as you harass some random person on a video game site I can completely understand why.  
    Cleffy said:

That's 25 significant figures, chief, denoting a minimum sample size of ten septillion gamers. 

The exaggurated number was used to emphasize the significance of those who never step foot in a site like this.  The number was not meant to be used literally.  Was not aware a site like this had math nazies too.  

It's ok bud I understand you are just trying to join your friends and trying to be snarky with me.  Welcome aboard! 
    It wasn't intended as a snarky comment at all; sig figs are pretty important.  I find they help me communicate in a more metered tone.  By the way, that should read one septillion, not ten septillion.  I get confused, sometimes  :D

Albatroes said:

someone got a nice bag at least....

I don't normally watch Heelz. I wrote him off as an idiot after he stupidly called Nintendo a scummy developer in one of his Diablo Immortal backlash videos. 

However, this information is interesting and his nylon bag gag at the end is hilarious.
  • uriel_mafessuriel_mafess Member UncommonPosts: 83
    What is this new age nonsense that game reviewing is subjective and is based on personal feelings about a product?

All reviewing (analyzing and inspecting) has several objective quality metrics. Not set in stone but pretty much a standarized guidance.

For people saying that the score was "bought" or "cheated". The score is a +40% deviation from the median. Wich is in the outter fringes of the normal gauss distribution of samples but still inside the realm of "true data".

The quality of the review is another separate issue.
    PhaserlightMadFrenchie
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 809
    I don't know the reviewer background, but just to put it in perspective, I gave FO4 a 9 (yeah fanboy), but to me FO76 is a 5 at best (same fanboy), though I actually give it a 3 for the effort, because they didn't put any whatsoever.

Even taking into consideration people personal taste, 7 is way out of order.
    kitaradAeanderTacticalZombeh
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 10,241
    TEKK3N said:

In your opinion. Not factually, and 7 is as much a valid score as any that you just gave. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,356
    edited November 2018
    TEKK3N said:
    I don't know the reviewer background, but just to put it in perspective, I gave FO4 a 9 (yeah fanboy), but to me FO76 is a 5 at best (same fanboy), though I actually give it a 3 for the effort, because they didn't put any whatsoever.

Well, here are the PC reviews for Fallout 4:

I bet some of those negative reviews (and who knows if they are just trying to downgrade the game "just because") would tell you that a 9 is way out of order.

Reading some of those negative reviews, people are calling it trash, dumbed down, Terrible Story, and a host of other things.

Yet you think it was worth a 9.

Just saying that maybe the reviewer on mmorpg.com thinks it's a 7.

maskedweaselTorval