Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroes of the Storm Balance Changes Focused On Healers - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageHeroes of the Storm Balance Changes Focused On Healers - MMORPG.com

The latest Heroes of the Storm update has touched nearly every pure healer in the game with a number of adjustments to their abilities. Several other heroes received attention as well including Kerrigan, Hanzo, Genji and Orphea. Lastly, the HotS team has published a new video to look at upcoming changes to Stitches to make him a more fearsome combatant.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Trying to fix how fights go instead of fixing the MM, so that people of equal skill fight against people of equal skill doesn't really do much.
    They are focusing on everything else, BUT the MM which is literally scaring people away.

I'm optimistic that they will soon start working on that, but till then I'll continue to play the cancer infested LoL. It's true that the community is among the worst if not the worst on the planet, but at least their MM is 10 times better than HotS...
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited November 2018
    What sucks is not having actual role selections in the game / HOTS.

And LOL is always full of kids at the start, early, and end of every season.

The only way to take Esports seriously is to have a full premade team of 5 playing constantly.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Trying to fix how fights go instead of fixing the MM, so that people of equal skill fight against people of equal skill doesn't really do much.

They are focusing on everything else, BUT the MM which is literally scaring people away.

I'm optimistic that they will soon start working on that, but till then I'll continue to play the cancer infested LoL. It's true that the community is among the worst if not the worst on the planet, but at least their MM is 10 times better than HotS...

I'm pretty sure there's some form of underlying stats it does matchmaking based on, because when I play with newer friends, we get against lower level players, but when I play by myself everyone is level 500+ usually.

Also any more barriers for them to have to search by, and MM will take so long. It's already taking upwards of 5 minutes to find a game sometimes. Don't know if it was a bug or what, a month ago it only took a minute or two.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Also any more barriers for them to have to search by, and MM will take so long. It's already taking upwards of 5 minutes to find a game sometimes. Don't know if it was a bug or what, a month ago it only took a minute or two.

Doubt it would be a bug. Could be something as simple as people moving on - to Fortnite or whatever. Fewer people usually means longer wait times. Something that may well prompt "class changes".
  • TheAsianVillainTheAsianVillain Member UncommonPosts: 85
    What truly sucks is the queue time being a 1/4 of an average match. Just 2-ish days ago, 3 friends & myself lost complete interest in playing after 6-7 minutes of waiting. Might want to 'balance' that..
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    gervaise1 said:

Doubt it would be a bug. Could be something as simple as people moving on - to Fortnite or whatever. Fewer people usually means longer wait times. Something that may well prompt "class changes".
    Thats odd, I usually never wait more the a minute or 2. Any game mode I try or class.
    Nepheth
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    What truly sucks is the queue time being a 1/4 of an average match. Just 2-ish days ago, 3 friends & myself lost complete interest in playing after 6-7 minutes of waiting. Might want to 'balance' that..
    There were twitter messages saying that something was wrong with the queue times.
    It affected streamers that day as well.
    Harbinger of Fools