Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im done with BF42

This is freaking ridiculous::::26::. I haven't played one game without the game freezing and then I have to restart the computer. This is really getting old and I just bought the game tonight. My computer is better than the recomended and I am running on cable... What is the deal? I upgraded my video cards using the button or whatever. BIggest pain I've ever dealt with in a game.

Comments

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

First of all what settings are you running on? When does it freeze, what are your system specs, are you running updated drivers, etc? Information helps to sovle a problem.

• Nimrod4154Nimrod4154 Member Posts: 864

Everything is set to high. Updated drivers, 1gig of ram, 3dforce 6800, Pentium 4, 3.4 ghz.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

that's why it freezes.

DONT set it on high

I have a ATI X850 video card (which is comparable to a Geforce 6800...almost side by side)...and I couldnt remotely set it on high .....I even have 3 gigs of RAM with 3.5 Ghz

You're gonna need to lower those settings a lot. Also, set your geometry on high (which means faster performance).

I had the exact same problems as you did in the demo (I also had it set on high...I mean...with a 400 dollar card who wouldnt?....but you are gonna need to set em down a few notches)

......also

Are you talking about BF2 or BF42.....because your topic refers to a 4 year old game while your discussion hints strongly about BF2. Im assuming you're talking about BF2

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• Nimrod4154Nimrod4154 Member Posts: 864

Okay thanks for the help ill try that (BF2)

• SackynutSackynut Member Posts: 558

OMG en1gma, 3 gigs of ram and a 850 and it freezes. geez.

NOTE: My friend has a 3ghz, 1 gig of ram and a nvidia card ( i dont know which one but its good, not a 7800 though) and he plays on high mode constantly, with pretty good framerates and no crashing.

• Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

I'm running BF2 on my Inspiron 9300 with everything maxed out and 4x AA and resolution at 1156x854 (widescreen on the 17" LCD). I have yet to freeze or crash from it.

My specs are only:

Pentium M 1.6ghz, 1280mb PC2-4300, GeForce Go 6800 256MB

The only time I feel any stutter or slowness is when I enter a server for the first time. Right as the round starts I get about 2 seconds of stutter. After that it's smooth sailing for me.

Edit note: Oh! Oh! Oh! I just read that you updated your "video card" by pressing the "button". I am assuming you mean you installed the Nvidia drivers that came with the game. Burn that crap. Those were buggy ass drivers. I actually suggest www.tweaksrus.com for all your Nvidia driver needs. I am running the Xtreme G drivers on my rig and getting MUCH better performance than the standard drivers. YOu can also let the system auto-overclock your card with their drivers to a safe setting. Squeezes every last drop out of your rig.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Nimrod, you can leave everything on high (thats what I run on) but turn textures to medium. If you dont have enough RAM (over 1 gig) then the game will stutter for awhile as it tries to load the textures for the upcoming areas. Setting it to medium will help a lot, otherwise, you should be fine with everythign else on high.