Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dead just the body thrashing

kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

I came back after a few months to check out the changes and can say now this game is utter junk. I just wasted a month fee.  Jedi are still messing up everything. It seems SOE is only worried about them. Everyone else can go hang.

They destroyed continuity so much for gameplay? What gameplay? Its 1) Join game, 2) Become jedi, 3) Slaughter the weak. STILL!!!!

Riding the coattails of a movie in hopes people will start to play again. The CU was supposedly going to SAVE the game and make the people come running back. Didnt accomplish that. Still the same numbers. Some servers even less. Oh but the DEVs change their response now saying the CU did what was expected. Ummmm yah. LIARS the lot of em. If all they wanted was alot of one month fees and more quitting again then...... Hey SOE Mission Accomplished!

The only thing this game ever did was made me enjoy Revenge of the Sith all the more. Mainly the parts where the jedi are being slaughtered. Worth every penny to see just that thanks to this game.

But I think the game is dead now anyway. Just the body thrashing around not knowing its dead. With in a week of a major patch update or whatever they always announce the next big thing. Development and testing sections are empty. Friends still playing (of which there are two now) say nothing big in months and even they are on their last month.

Only the death of jedi or its equivelant (no jedi servers, etc) in game would resurrect this game. George Lucas get off your rump. Stop the out right rape of your universe!!!!

Kai

Comments

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

mmhmm Okay thanks for stopping by, Bu-bye

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    **** holds open the door ****
  • kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Well at least the fanbois are happy. Eventhough 2/3rds of the original player base dumped it.

Kai

• azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817

Calm down, dude.

Yeah, it's a step back from my POV, but it's hardly the devastation you're spinning out. On Naritus, one of the more lightly populated servers, there are more people now than there were on Bloodfin before the CU. So we're not looking at the headless chicken quite yet.

Now please, settle down and engage your brain before you engage your keyboard.

• Kem0sabeKem0sabe Member Posts: 443

IF you consider that the vast majority of the original game population has left, i would consider SWG to be far from healthy, if you consider the ammount of one month subscriptions that are not renewed.

SWG is currently riding the new starwars film, nothing more. Within a few more months we will see a big change in population numbers, but then again, maybe we will not, because we all know how SOE messed with the server load labels, servers that overnight go from light to heavy with no noticible population increase within the game? Theres your population boost for anyone that has been claiming that vast number of players have joined SWG.

All ur Mountain Dew is belong to me.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by kaibigan34
    Well at least the fanbois are happy. Eventhough 2/3rds of the original player base dumped it.
    Kai

Work for SOE that you can spout off those numbers? Not too mention the game hit 2, any other game it would just be people getting bored with the same MMO for 2 years, yet when they leave SOE its because the game is so horrible. Yet it managed to retain most of them this long...

Anyways, I have no idea what your point is other then to make yourself look bad by raining on someone elses past-time.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• WheezalWheezal Member UncommonPosts: 249

Originally posted by Kem0sabe

because we all know how SOE messed with the server load labels, servers that overnight go from light to heavy with no noticible population increase within the game? Theres your population boost for anyone that has been claiming that vast number of players have joined SWG.

i've seen a noticeable increase in population on Eclipse.  Every capital city on each planet is full now, more people in spoace then ever before.  dungeons and quests constantly have runners.  i won't speak for other servers, but Eclipse backs up it's "heavy" server status.

MMO Name: InVictus Kell
    Currently Playing:
    EVE Online

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Originally posted by kaibigan34

Eventhough 2/3rds of the original player base dumped it.
    Kai

Please post your source for that. Or if its your personal opinion / observation , please say so.

have fun

Erillion

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Respec to a Master Bounty Hunter. I'm having a blast killing puny Padawans. ROFL!!!!

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924

A few points on this thread. Some of his opinions are not accurate.

I do challenge people to dispute his opinion shared by many in this community and the swg community that jedi are ruining the game.

The server population issue he mentions is also interesting to me.  A game gains 10000 new subscribers according to the one source we all pretty much recqonize and the server loads all "reportedly" change dramatically.  I smell shanagans there but really it could have been busted code they fixed.  I dont really pretend to care or know.  However it is fishy to the naked eye.

I do not tend to agree with much else in the post. The game isn't going to die.  It probably will run for a few more years.  Whether soe recoups the costs of development an operating costs of the game and turns a reasonable profit is another matter, but I don't forsee any drastic changes that would change the game. Defining reasonable and expected is a management call.  Back to the other issues.

Resurrecting this game requires vision, planning, time and money.  All of these events could occur but SOE has neither the inclination or management team to fix the major issues.

1.) Provide a jedi free server for the continuality fans and those plan sick of the botched jedi while you work on and impliment a widely acceptable solution to the jedi problem you insist you dont have but clearly do from the numerous compliants registered everywhere I have every seen a post, review or opinion posted on the game.

2.) Continue to improve communications process and accept feedback and acknowledge and compromise on solutions.  This ties entirely to the development process and what some of us who have been around testing and beta have felt is a very overhanded approach to testers concerns and negative feedback.  If people hate something vehemantly enough such as the toolbar icons and want the old gui back and you wont devote the 2-3 hours developer time to give the old option what is such a big deal to soe? Just 1 example many like this exist. Trust your testers they really do know what the response is going to be and drive a large following ingames.  Bria server riots, wookie riots, etc all stem from these individuals who are aware and annoyed constantly by being ignored and mistreated.  Show them love and they will reciprocate.

3.) Customer Service.  Hire players please.  People who are intelligent, play the game and understand the terms used.  Fire everyone else.  Pay them well.  Do something to stop the horrid ticket response and ignorance constantly demonstrated. This takes time and is painful but SOE has a really bad reputation on CS and that is a HUGE no-no for any business.  Customers are priority 1 not 490000

4.) DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.  I cannot stress this enough.  Fix it once, make it better, dont break other things.  If a patch breaks something in testing and you know about it dont push it out with broken content.  If you do fix a profession make certain you aren't ruining other professions. That it is balanced. That it is WIDELY 60% or higher feedback says it makes the game better.  Dont push out -70% patches.  Make sure everything works.  It costs more, but try and offer a 100% garentee.  Maybe do a bug catcher incentive program.  First one to report a bug in the bug forum gets a free month of fees if they catch it to help resolve issues and make it like you are serious about fixing issues and doing it right ALL the time.  It should be important.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by haxxjoo
    A few points on this thread. Some of his opinions are not accurate.
    I do challenge people to dispute his opinion shared by many in this community and the swg community that jedi are ruining the game.
    The server population issue he mentions is also interesting to me. A game gains 10000 new subscribers according to the one source we all pretty much recqonize and the server loads all "reportedly" change dramatically. I smell shanagans there but really it could have been busted code they fixed. I dont really pretend to care or know. However it is fishy to the naked eye.
    I do not tend to agree with much else in the post. The game isn't going to die. It probably will run for a few more years. Whether soe recoups the costs of development an operating costs of the game and turns a reasonable profit is another matter, but I don't forsee any drastic changes that would change the game. Defining reasonable and expected is a management call. Back to the other issues.
    Resurrecting this game requires vision, planning, time and money. All of these events could occur but SOE has neither the inclination or management team to fix the major issues.
    1.) Provide a jedi free server for the continuality fans and those plan sick of the botched jedi while you work on and impliment a widely acceptable solution to the jedi problem you insist you dont have but clearly do from the numerous compliants registered everywhere I have every seen a post, review or opinion posted on the game.
    2.) Continue to improve communications process and accept feedback and acknowledge and compromise on solutions. This ties entirely to the development process and what some of us who have been around testing and beta have felt is a very overhanded approach to testers concerns and negative feedback. If people hate something vehemantly enough such as the toolbar icons and want the old gui back and you wont devote the 2-3 hours developer time to give the old option what is such a big deal to soe? Just 1 example many like this exist. Trust your testers they really do know what the response is going to be and drive a large following ingames. Bria server riots, wookie riots, etc all stem from these individuals who are aware and annoyed constantly by being ignored and mistreated. Show them love and they will reciprocate.
    3.) Customer Service. Hire players please. People who are intelligent, play the game and understand the terms used. Fire everyone else. Pay them well. Do something to stop the horrid ticket response and ignorance constantly demonstrated. This takes time and is painful but SOE has a really bad reputation on CS and that is a HUGE no-no for any business. Customers are priority 1 not 490000
    4.) DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. I cannot stress this enough. Fix it once, make it better, dont break other things. If a patch breaks something in testing and you know about it dont push it out with broken content. If you do fix a profession make certain you aren't ruining other professions. That it is balanced. That it is WIDELY 60% or higher feedback says it makes the game better. Dont push out -70% patches. Make sure everything works. It costs more, but try and offer a 100% garentee. Maybe do a bug catcher incentive program. First one to report a bug in the bug forum gets a free month of fees if they catch it to help resolve issues and make it like you are serious about fixing issues and doing it right ALL the time. It should be important.

NOTE: MMORPGCHART's data was posted on June 10th. It's data collected in MAY. The expansion and Movie didn't come out till may 19th. The server pops didn't start showing dramatic changes untill mid-late june. Though they did start creeping upward as early as about May 30th...

Just a minor fact to remember about MMORPGCHART's data. He hasn't got numbers from June/July up yet.

Also, the server load numbers don't indicate "new players" they indicate "online players"...

While I do think the game has grown I don't think the huge jump in server activity is just new players I think it's people playing MORE because of the expansion as well as new players.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas