Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard working on a pokemon-go like warcraft game on mobile

AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,600
https://bgr.com/2018/11/22/blizzard-pokemon-go-warcraft-game-rumor/

I understand many people on this forum are PC gamer and are upset on Blizzard cross over to mobile gaming.  But I think mobile is a big market.  It is silly Blizzard dont' consider mobile gaming to increase profit.  

Anyway, I put up a link to anyone who is interested.

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    laxieMrMelGibsoncheyane

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I'll tell you what, this sounds alot cooler and more innovative than a diablo reboot on mobile. Should have made this the announcement at blizzcon
    SBFordderNenilaxiePanther2103
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    JeffSpicoliAsheramWizbuizlaxieTheocritusMrMelGibsonPhaserlightCyber_wastelandScotOctagon7711and 2 others.
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429
    As much as i dislike mobile games i think this is the kind of game they should have done for their mobile gamer fans in the first place instead of some console/PC remake. Some games work best on mobile platform and this is one of them.

So, Diablo: Whatever was a miss but this one can be truly great. Blizzard is known for refining good ideas to quality games and they won't let you down on this, trust me.

Well played, Blizzard!
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    New projects are always good. Blizzard is a big enough company to have several dev teams working on their own projects. Really I don't see any reason to bash this news. 
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    do you guys not have legs?
    Aelious
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    DMKano said:
    People are getting angry/shocked for a business going after something that will make them $$$?

Can we all take a step back and ask - what is the primary objective for any business?

I personally won't play this for even 1 second - but again I am not the intended market.

Why bash a company for going after money - it's literally the reason why companies exist - to make money.

I'd say 'smarter' people that are angry aren't exactly angry at the mobile move, they're more angry that these businesses aren't even trying to tapper how much they want the money. The comparison that has been throw around a lot lately after Blizzcon is how Bethesda revealed their mobile news vs blizzard, which was they mixed it in-between big announcements. Blizzard gave 0 fks and just did it raw, wondering why people didn't understand and that 'stuff is being worked on' without even thinking that even concept art would've been okay. Its just about perception more so than actions, which it feels like some of these companies (acti-blizzard/EA) dont seem to understand.
    Tuor7GdemamiDhamon99
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    DMKano said:
    People are getting angry/shocked for a business going after something that will make them $$$?

Can we all take a step back and ask - what is the primary objective for any business?

I personally won't play this for even 1 second - but again I am not the intended market.

Why bash a company for going after money - it's literally the reason why companies exist - to make money.

Make money yes but how you get there is the real key.  See any fool can hop on the latest trend and cash in but whats that say for the long term growth of a company ? Blizzard, Apple , Facebook, Amazon they didn't get to where they are today because their sole purpose was money, They got to where they are today because they are innovative, because they are/were cool. Basing creativity and innovation on how much money it can make you is not a winning formula for any business. Its starts with the product not with the money.Why make  20 million in a single month when you make 13 billion over 8 years ? Get it...

Maybe this is innovation on Blizzard's part, Maybe I'm to old and out of touch to see the future of gaming with Millennial's and generations Z is mobile, Then in that case, Blizzard is basing the future on being cool and innovative and not on making money. Be ahead of the curve and offer a product with staying power the money will come.
    Gdemamiceratop001
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited November 2018
    DMKano said:
    thunderC said:
    DMKano said:

Make money yes but how you get there is the real key.  See any fool can hop on the latest trend and cash in but whats that say for the long term growth of a company ? Blizzard, Apple , Facebook, Amazon they didn't get to where they are today because their sole purpose was money, They got to where they are today because they are innovative, because they are/were cool. Basing creativity and innovation on how much money it can make you is not a winning formula for any business. Its starts with the product not with the money.Why make  20 million in a single month when you make 13 billion over 8 years ? Get it...

Maybe this is innovation on Blizzard's part, Maybe I'm to old and out of touch to see the future of gaming with Millennial's and generations Z is mobile, Then in that case, Blizzard is basing the future on being cool and innovative and not on making money. Be ahead of the curve and offer a product with staying power the money will come.

Blizzard is not the same company they were 30+ years ago when they were small and inventive.

They grew to a size where they put safe polished products to their massive fanbase, not super inventive products.

Lately however the sales for PC have been way down, consoles helped but what Blizzard needs badly is a fresh infusion of sales via mobile.

PC and console alone cannot carry a company the size of Blizzard anymore. That's the reality today.

If Blizzard remained that small invent company they were decades ago - you would have a point, but Blizzard grew into a massive business requiring massive income, mobile is not something that Blizzard has a choice with - if they want to survive and thrive they have to go into mobile and do really well there.
    Be that as it may: their fanbase never asked for corporate stiff Blizzard.

So this idea that their core fanbase wouldn't be upset at their becoming that is what's silly.  It reeks of a very narrow perspective, one apparently shared by some of the folks at Blizzard.

Let's stop blaming customers for wanting more of that thing they enjoyed that made Blizzard, how about that?
    Tuor7GdemamicheyaneAmathe

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I think the project would be successful. 

Overall, blizzard is making the right decision for themselves. Mobile is the way to go. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    DMKano said:
    thunderC said:
    DMKano said:

Blizzard is not the same company they were 30+ years ago when they were small and inventive.

They grew to a size where they put safe polished products to their massive fanbase, not super inventive products.

Lately however the sales for PC have been way down, consoles helped but what Blizzard needs badly is a fresh infusion of sales via mobile.

PC and console alone cannot carry a company the size of Blizzard anymore. That's the reality today.

If Blizzard remained that small invent company they were decades ago - you would have a point, but Blizzard grew into a massive business requiring massive income, mobile is not something that Blizzard has a choice with - if they want to survive and thrive they have to go into mobile and do really well there.

So this idea that their core fanbase wouldn't be upset at their becoming that is what's silly.  It reeks of a very narrow perspective, one apparently shared by some of the folks at Blizzard.

Let's stop blaming customers for wanting more of that thing they enjoyed that made Blizzard, how about that?
    at the end of the day, their mobile games are gonna make a shit ton of money for them because as pissed as peeps are right now over Diablo, everyone will still play it. why? cus its Blizzard and everyone plays whatever crap they release. see WoW for reference.
    GdemamiDinasty
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    A mobile AR RPG / MMO where you walk around slaying goblins , orcs , bandits and getting loot solo or grouped could be interesting.

Though I didn't read anything of the op so no idea if it is a catch them all type of game or whatever.
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Pathetic, paaaaathetic. F*cking insane world, we keeping buying into this sick slippery slope of human depravity. Just cuz its making money we sanctify, f*ck no. The more we buy into this crap the further will get from pure wholehearted computer game entertainments, mankind are turning into knuckleheads becoming empty-headed, google, smartphones, everything doing the thinking, we dont join together anymore and demand quality, we are scattered sheeps getting drained mentally and fugal with our riches wasting it on "crap like this.
    laseritTuor7Gdemami
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Moxom914 said:
    DMKano said:
    thunderC said:
    DMKano said:

at the end of the day, their mobile games are gonna make a shit ton of money for them because as pissed as peeps are right now over Diablo, everyone will still play it. why? cus its Blizzard and everyone plays whatever crap they release. see WoW for reference.
    Nah.  I won't be playing a mobile title by Blizzard.  If they never released a Warcraft or Diablo PC game again, they would get zero dollars from me again. /Shrug
    laseritGdemamicheyane

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Moxom914 said:
    DMKano said:
    thunderC said:
    DMKano said:

Nah.  I won't be playing a mobile title by Blizzard.  If they never released a Warcraft or Diablo PC game again, they would get zero dollars from me again. /Shrug
    DMKano said:
    thunderC said:
    DMKano said:

Creativity @ Blizzard looks to be at an all time low. Your only as good as your last game, Blizzards last game is soon to be Diablo Immortal. Sounds like its  going to be at least another couple years before we see a new PC game, hopefully it's good ;)

Reputations are lost a lot quicker than they're made.
    MadFrenchieTuor7Gdemami

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Eh I would play it. Probably way more than Diablo Immortal.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have  been saying this awhile now,Blizzard has always been a copy cat developer and often VERY late to the party.
    They had better be very careful not to cross any copyright laws since the Pokemon franchise is a very big franchise.

"good as your last game".IDK about that,weather i like Wow or not "i don't"i still admit it was at least a game that took some EFFORT and is rather robust,so yeah it has some value.
    However,EVERY other game in  their portfolio is CHEAP Indie-ware.Yes even Starcraft,whom i know a lot of old school people love and still love,right Artosis?

This idea is also another CHEAP idea,like the amount of time and effort that will go into  something like this is VERY small.This idea will be on the market within a year,count on it.

This after reading that Tim Anderson thread and how he talks about a typically good mmorpg takes 6-8 years and his will be no different.Tim is not trying to RAID on a trendy gimmick,the way Blizzard introduced the Pandarin same time the movie was out.No Tim unlike Blizzard is building a game he has PASSION<keyword to build,he loves the original board DnD game and wants to bring it to digital.
    NO,instead Blizzard is aiming at a MARKETPLACE and doing it with CHEAPLY built games.IMO Blizzard is like that assembly line manufacturer trying to undermine the quality craftsmen.I don't hate Blizzard,i understand business and why they do what they do,but i am a CUSTOMER,i look to support passionate game designs,not assembly line junk.
    iixviiiix

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    laserit said:
    Moxom914 said:
    DMKano said:
    thunderC said:
    DMKano said:

DMKano said:
    thunderC said:
    DMKano said:

Creativity @ Blizzard looks to be at an all time low. Your only as good as your last game, Blizzards last game is soon to be Diablo Immortal. Sounds like its  going to be at least another couple years before we see a new PC game, hopefully it's good ;)

Reputations are lost a lot quicker than they're made.
    Reputations lost faster?? just ask Blackberry how fast you can nose dive.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    DMKano said:

I think people are angry and shocked a first and foremost pc based company that was raise from the ground up by their supporting Pc players are getting shafted. If the mobile thing was a side division in tandem with a the main pc developers making new pc games(not just additions to their p2w/cash shop elements and things like a new playable hero) then it would be a different story. The meme has a method to its madness.

Also the sheer amount of money WoW has made Blizzard should cover any development costs for 100s of years. The thing is they are chasing after the cheap easy money. Its pure and simple greed; there is never enough profit. Blizzard created the market of sticking to tested and true development which means anything like their old blizzard north is never coming back. Them scrapping Titan(which by all accounts of what I heard was a unique game) signified them doing anything they can just for profit even if spiting your fanbase.

That being said I'd rather play this than immortal.
    ------
    Also blizzard DOES NOT have to go into mobile to survive as a company; this is just the suits wanting a piece of the pie they shouldn't be aiming for. Despite all their recent game flaws they all pull a considerable profit(diablo 3 raked in ALOT and they still did the skyrim method of oversaturation for profit's sake).
    Gdemami

MurderHerd

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    DMKano said:

Because humans have emotions, shocking, right? 
    Gdemami
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited November 2018
    DMKano said:

Because humans have emotions, shocking, right? 
    More like they feel that they investment being waste . People don't just invest money , there are also trust and when the trust is lost , the hate is many time more than money .

In this case of Blizzard , the hate is high because they totally warp to mobile without consider about PC user which totally make up of they income in more than 20 years
    WIth the power of internet , Blizzard active dark meme " Do you guys not have phones? " trap card when fanboy ask if there are PC version of the new D*** in made .

That's an insult to they PC loyal fanboy supporters which's the roots of they company , and you can see that happen .

That's not just going after what will make money but a customer service mistake that in the end causing damage . It sound like "we don't need your guy anymore , thank for the cash" to the loyal customers

Such mistake may cause a company to collapse , Blizzard is too big to fall by this mistake , but the damage is high and everyone saw it . This is not an out of season April fool joke .

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2018
    i'll play it if i can date Jaina through my phone like those japanese gf apps.

If all the game does is catch battle pets then not interested.

[Deleted User]

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    you know why everything is going mobile they want the cell on you at all times and the tablet in your lap because you are getting radiation 24 hours a day from those devices. agenda 21 and 2030 go and google the plan is depopulation, go and google deagle.com the world in 2025 a list of the countries of the world and America must fall by more than 50%.
    jimmywolf
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited November 2018
    Doing something goofy to go after quick cash isn't something to be praised by a company whose foundation was made doing the opposite.

So the f#$% what they turn a profit? That sh!# doesn't last and isn't sustainable and it burns the sustainable income.

Suuuuure industry insiders, if Metallica decided to do a pop record with the Gangnam style guy their fans have 0 latitude to be shocked and appalled. FOH.

Maybe if Trino did a mobile pokemon go version of Rift... jobs? Too soon?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯