Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dishonoured Collection

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
I was curious about this game. I am quite averse to playing FPS as I have a horrible problem with the first person view but I have managed by increasing the FOV to 110 and turning off headbob achieved a certain respite from the skull wrenching headaches I normally get.

I love Fallout games and I was hoping these games might be in a similar vein. I do enjoy a story and although I know this is  basically a game where you go and kill people primarily I was hoping to play it with a little bit of difference. I am not very quick with my key commands and mouse control but hoping on a lower difficulty I might be able to play it. I read you can approach it stealthily but that it is harder as you are limited by the amount of tools you have like sleep bolts and such.

I don't really want to murder my way through the game but alas I am quite inept and when I played Styx I did an alarming amount of murdering and the pile of bodies were disconcerting as the game kept respawning guards that I had already dispatched much to my dismay. This lead to me having to kill them again. The reason is I am a huge coward once I reach a spot I am often stuck especially in Styx and I end up having to kill all the respawning NPCs while I fumble my way finding an exit. Of course frequently I am stumped and I can dawdle there up to a third massacre.

I have read so many good things about Dishonoured but I never considered playing it because of the reasons I have already mentioned and I was curious how you all found this game and hoping for some recommendations on how I should play it. What weapons and whether a mix of killing and stealth is a good compromise.
Chamber of Chains