Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 Update Plans for the Balance of 2018 Revealed

124»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    10mm ammo is lacking, and always having disease and radiation is a pain.
    This is one of the first posts that made me think, hey maybe this really *is* a Fallout game. :lol:
    Omg, I just started a new playthrough of Fallout 4 myself and yes, 10mm ammo is lacking.  I ended up taking two points in the Scrounger perk, though.  It makes it a little easier to fill enemies with 10mm holes when I get like 20 rounds in random trash cans now. :D

EDIT-  Also, I forgot how brutal the Fallout series is.  V.A.T.S. highlights this with it's slo-mo.  Shooting a raider in the face at point blank with the combat shotgun in V.A.T.S. literally leaves you with a spectacular explosion of blood and gore (including being able to clearly spot the raider's two eyeballs flying into the air).  It was...  Surprisingly gruesome to watch.
    But that damn .38 ammo is everywhere. I'm partial to lasers for distance and combat shotguns for close quarters myself. There's lots of both of that ammo everywhere. I only used 10mm for my silenced pistol on special occasions :)
    The Scrounger perk has given me the opportunity to use my combat rifle and 10mm regularly..  I just picked up a combat shotgun, and that has obviously taken over for the role of short-range combat.  It just hits so damn hard.  Shotgun ammo is also fairly plentiful (at least with perks), so I can really go HAM with it and not worry about running out.

I really think Fallout 4 has the best balance of RPG to shooter to complete the entire package of a Fallout game.  It's less of a complete RPG than New Vegas, but the shooter mechanics are at their peak in the franchise.  I like where that balance landed for FO4.
    Yeah I hadn't touched FO4 for quite a while and firing it up again has really increased my appreciation for it. There are just so many well-crafted side missions in this - anything to do with Nick Valentine up to our "mind meld" was awesome and I'm fully decked out in my Silver Shadow gear dropping my calling card on corpses :)
    I am currently playing a melee build,  (started with Lvl 9 Str /Lvl 9 Agility) and it is far more devastating than any of my previous gun setups, and never needs any ammo.

Imagine having a gaff hook from the Far Harbor expansion with a 40% reduction in AP cost hitting at 244 pts per blow up to 7 or 8 times in a single attack. 

Few single opponents survive and usually I can take down 3 opponents on one flurry of VAT devastation. 

Did I mention crits? I can knock a raider clean out of his power armor.

Oh yes, 10X damage bonus for a sneak attack, is 2444 damage in one standard blow, a crit can one shot anything.....all at level 35.

Helps that I've recovered 10 sets of power armor, including a full set and a half of X01, T60 from the BOS and countless T 51 / 45 / raider sets. 

I am the pain train.....

ConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    This is one of the first posts that made me think, hey maybe this really *is* a Fallout game. :lol:
    Omg, I just started a new playthrough of Fallout 4 myself and yes, 10mm ammo is lacking.  I ended up taking two points in the Scrounger perk, though.  It makes it a little easier to fill enemies with 10mm holes when I get like 20 rounds in random trash cans now. :D

EDIT-  Also, I forgot how brutal the Fallout series is.  V.A.T.S. highlights this with it's slo-mo.  Shooting a raider in the face at point blank with the combat shotgun in V.A.T.S. literally leaves you with a spectacular explosion of blood and gore (including being able to clearly spot the raider's two eyeballs flying into the air).  It was...  Surprisingly gruesome to watch.
    But that damn .38 ammo is everywhere. I'm partial to lasers for distance and combat shotguns for close quarters myself. There's lots of both of that ammo everywhere. I only used 10mm for my silenced pistol on special occasions :)
    The Scrounger perk has given me the opportunity to use my combat rifle and 10mm regularly..  I just picked up a combat shotgun, and that has obviously taken over for the role of short-range combat.  It just hits so damn hard.  Shotgun ammo is also fairly plentiful (at least with perks), so I can really go HAM with it and not worry about running out.

I really think Fallout 4 has the best balance of RPG to shooter to complete the entire package of a Fallout game.  It's less of a complete RPG than New Vegas, but the shooter mechanics are at their peak in the franchise.  I like where that balance landed for FO4.
    Yeah I hadn't touched FO4 for quite a while and firing it up again has really increased my appreciation for it. There are just so many well-crafted side missions in this - anything to do with Nick Valentine up to our "mind meld" was awesome and I'm fully decked out in my Silver Shadow gear dropping my calling card on corpses :)
    I am currently playing a melee build,  (started with Lvl 9 Str /Lvl 9 Agility) and it is far more devastating than any of my previous gun setups, and never needs any ammo.

Imagine having a gaff hook from the Far Harbor expansion with a 40% reduction in AP cost hitting at 244 pts per blow up to 7 or 8 times in a single attack. 

Few single opponents survive and usually I can take down 3 opponents on one flurry of VAT devastation. 

Oh yes, 10X damage bonus for a sneak attack, is 2444 damage in one standard blow, a crit can one shot anything.....all at level 35.

Helps that I've recovered 10 sets of power armor, including a full set and a half of X01, T60 from the BOS and countless T 51 / 45 / raider sets. 

I am the pain train.....

I'm on my second playthrough and I was torn between a handgun or melee build. Now I regret the path I chose, it seems like a lot of fun. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited November 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:

I am the pain train.....

I'm on my second playthrough and I was torn between a handgun or melee build. Now I regret the path I chose, it seems like a lot of fun. 
    Yeah, I've taken a much more balanced approach on my playthrough, not sure I have any stats at 8 or 9 (yet).

I use a variety of weapons, including handguns and rifles.  Stick with the semi-autos so I don't run short on ammo.  I don't normally wear power armor just as a personal choice (wanna see my character during interactions), but I do have the benefit of being able to effectively engage enemies from enemy distance.  Got about 10 cores sitting in my backpack in case I ever get the urge to go Deathclaw hunting lol.

I've been doing a lot of minutemen stuff this time around; taking settlements, building them up and defending, setting up supply routes, etc..  My plan is to create a relatively stable Commonwealth of interconnected settlements, plant some artillery cannons, and pop smokes whenever I see juicy targets asking to be shelled. :D 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:

I am the pain train.....

I keep meaning to do a melee character but I just find sniping them before they even know I'm there so rewarding I find it extremely hard to resist :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED