Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deloria Online Enters Open Beta with a Celebratory Launch Event - MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDeloria Online Enters Open Beta with a Celebratory Launch Event - MMORPG.com

Deloria Online has a long history that goes all the way back to the early 2000s. After several years in hibernation, the game's developer, Jeffrey O'Blenis, restarted development a couple of years ago. Thanks to his efforts, Deloria Online is finally ready for open beta testing. From now through November 26th players can take part in a special launch event to celebrate open beta.

Read the full story here

Comments

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Was this game actually worth playing back in the day? Has anyone tried it that can comment on it good/bad?
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    stop making 80's games and trying to make people think they are creative
    MaurgrimNanbinoThunder073Threatlevel0warsaber1375
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    edited November 2018
    it should be known that only one class is available at this time, and the server is hosted at Jeffrey O'Blenis house in Ontario.
    MensurMaurgrimCelciusNanbinoPhryceh430Thunder073tomahawk1930Threatlevel0TacticalZombehand 2 others.
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    How about nah
    Thunder073
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Was asken them back in the day when the game was being released. Put it down to a hobbiest and moved on. Surprised it still exists these days. If it does well just have the mind set that it's somebodys school project and you'll be ok with that mind set.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Glad to see this posted here. I've been playing off and on today and it's really great! It's fun to see the devs actually online talking to the players too.
    OhhPaigey
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205

Myrdynn said:

stop making 80's games and trying to make people think they are creative

Stop playing or don't play these games then. There is a market and niche for everything. I personally love these old school styled games and play them often. So for me, seeing new games crop up keeps things refreshing for me. It's perfectly fine to target a certain audience. If its not for you, it's not for you. However, stop telling people what to do or what they can or cannot do.
    Panther2103[Deleted User]MoariNKSBFord[Deleted User]sschruppSiegeMachine
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited November 2018
    I played all day yesterday and most of the day today, it's a good game, if you like games like these. I have a soft spot for stuff like this, Secrets of Asherah, Endless Online, Everember, RPG MO, ect, ect.

It's actually really well done too, haven't ran into many bugs.. like two typos, which is rare for something like this.
    SBFord[Deleted User][Deleted User]SiegeMachine
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    OhhPaigey said:
    I played all day yesterday and most of the day today, it's a good game, if you like games like these. I have a soft spot for stuff like this, Secrets of Asherah, Endless Online, Everember, RPG MO, ect, ect.

It's actually really well done too, haven't ran into many bugs.. like two typos, which is rare for something like this.
    Especially as it's a single guy developing it. Pretty cool. :)
    Panther2103OhhPaigey[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• whackedenforcewhackedenforce Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Pretty good. Got to the current max and it is solid. For a single developer you can tell a lot of time went into it and I can't wait to see where he takes it!
  • lastdonutslastdonuts Member CommonPosts: 1
    Fun game for those who are into the retro style 2D rpg. I think games this small are only as good as their community, and so far the community's been great. Really hope the ball gets rolling with this because I've already hit max level and waiting (im)patiently for more. And for one person to be developing this, extremely impressive and shows the dedication to their craft. This game is not without flaws but it's quite charming.
  • sam404sam404 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Its really nice and amazing game,it gives me such a nice gaming experienceDeloria Online Enters Open Beta
    Kyleran
  • NexemisNexemis Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Great community :)
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Tried to play it last night, had some random issue when launching.  Might eventually try again but too many other things to play that just work.