Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DayZ has crossed the 4 million sold mark - MMORPG.com

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDayZ has crossed the 4 million sold mark - MMORPG.com

And it's finally going into "beta"! Yes, DayZ, the game that pretty much started the whole survival game craze, is celebrating 4 million copies sold since it hit Early Access way back in 2013.

Read the full story here

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    This bait'n'hook is still truckin along eh? Interesting..
    ArskaaaLife2v
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    4 million copies sold of a game that shouldn't have sold 4 copies.
    MensurArskaaaLife2v
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    ALREADY in Beta now,nice !!
    That is a fast turnover into beta,what has it been 30 years or so?
    Life2vAethaeryn

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    If you can make that kind of money in alpha, why go any further?
    Octagon7711
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited November 2018
    I was also one of them. I bought the game to play with friends who were already actively playing and singing its praises.

Played it once or twice. Thought it was one of the most boring, annoying, inconvenient pieces of crap I'd ever played. Not a good first impression for the survival genre.
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    This is probably just in the pipeline still since it generates enough money. I'm sure some other games are purposely doing that too. Why ever actually release a game if the company is making enough money off people continuously?
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I feel dirty for being one of them.

Enjoyed the game back when it was a mod and thought I would buy the game when they announced standalone thinking it will take a short while to release.

Oh boy was I young and naive back then lol.

Many of my friends were playing the mod and they insisted that I should get into this upon release. We had a lot of fun, but it was mostly due to good company rather the game itself. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    with all the millions PubG sold in a much worse state i'm not surprised this sold 4 million.