Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linda 'Brasse' Carlson Now Working with Visionary Realms on Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

Soki123 said:

Soki123 said:

LOL DMKano and his insight, it means nothing like his Trion news LOL

Oh and sorry SBFord I f it isn t  to your pleasing, Oh well, shit happens.

Calm down Nancy.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited November 2018
    Soki123 said:
    Not like the game was going to be good anyways. Maybe for the circle jerk nostalgia group that doesn t realize, IT WON T HAPPEN AGAIN morons. This news just made it worse lol. Thank god I have good games I play.
    Why do you think it is all right to call people who support a game you don't like morons? What makes you this angry that you would categorize people as a "circle jerk nostalgia group"? You seem to have some problem that you would attack a fan base of a game you wouldn't play just out of meanness . What is your motivation for this attack? 

You are decidedly an awful person who cannot even give a modicum of respect for other people's interest on a forum dedicated to the type of games we all here enjoy. Why are you even here if your clear intention is to abuse and mock Pantheon's intended player base? You could have made any number of comments about this topic  but instead you chose to attack the game's intended player base which also bears no significance to the topic. You merely used it as an excuse to attack the fans of the game and call them names. What a petty and thoroughly disagreeable thing to do.
    SiugcraftseekerTacticalZombehSovrathMrMelGibsonSoki123

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited November 2018
    bcbully said:
    bgzgamer said:
    I dont understand the people giving her shit for doing her job at previous companies... She is basically a Press Secretary... you do whatever the fuck you are told by your president to say what you need to say and everyone blames you for what he is telling you to do.
    Or you resign, preserve your character and get a new job.
    She is a gaming PR person, not a political party shill.  She is paid to manage player relations, not spin stories for the Costa Nostro.

In all of her previous gigs no animals were actually harmed in delivering games, though perhaps some humans made poor buying decisions including me with a $150 AA alpha package where I never actually logged in even once after it went live.

I certainly don't blame her for how things turned out or for downplaying anger over it.
    [Deleted User]SovrathcraftseekerMrMelGibsonCryomatrix

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512

Soki123 said:

Not like the game was going to be good anyways. Maybe for the circle jerk nostalgia group that doesn t realize, IT WON T HAPPEN AGAIN morons. This news just made it worse lol. Thank god I have good games I play.

I am not chasing nostalgia...just the dragon!
    Kyleran

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I think both the interest in Vanilla servers of WoW and Pantheon is threatening the current population of WoW players because they take such umbrage at discussion of these games and god forbid if it should prove to be popular they might pop a vein in disbelief.
    craftseeker

• axulthrullaxulthrull Member UncommonPosts: 42
    "Great news"
    bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    edited November 2018
    I guess the game is already ruined then.
    “It looks here like you resigned from each of your previous jobs because they asked you to do your job. So I can expect the same? Pass.” Not everyone agrees 100% with what their company is doing and they still do their jobs. 
    craftseekerMrMelGibson
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Mensur said:
    Sovrath said:
    Mensur said:
    What is she doing there? Man I really didnt like her. She did a shit job at Trion.
    yeah but why?

I can't find anything really negative.
    No problem, I will explain my self brother. Maybe I should have done that in the first comment but here it goes.

Remember ArcheAge? She litterealy didnt do anything to combat the issues they had- she even endorsed the forum BAN policy on negative feedback.

It just seems that people quickly forgot how she acted. If she really is that good and good for the community then why does Trion Worlds have such a bad community and feedback loop.

Those are the reasons why I dont like her. I might be wrong but there they are.

I also think that part of my salt towards her, is the fact that she joined Pantheon- and I am a huge fan of that game and have backed them since early days. 

I hope I am wrong on this one.

yeah but as Torval pointed out, that was her job.

If I had a game company I would also have my Community Manager uphold a ban on negative feedback "depending" on how that feedback was given.

Over the years I've seen to many posters say "I was only being honest" but in reality they were being assholes.

It's not hard to tell the difference between a whiny, "complainy"disgruntled player and someone who is just noting an issue or expressing a complaint in a civil manner ...

Disgruntled Player "... but that's not how I speak ... "

Well, tough, learn how to interact with others. One eventually has to.

[Deleted User]craftseekerMrMelGibsonCryomatrix
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2018
    Nah the issue with not ACCEPTING negative feedback is more a ..let's hide the issues.

If you walk into a well known outlet...Wallmart,the way they handle customers is the customer is right and they cater to the customer or potential customers.

If you plan on selling your product to as many people as possible,you LISTEN no matter how negative it might be.The analogy is that if you choose to only listen to those who make sure to word it so it doesn't sound like a problem,then it is like reading this site's reviews,fake and not fully honest or making sure to leave out more pertinent things.

So would you rather listen to some Trump type person writing some well written feedback  that sounds FAKE or you want responses from real people that are not being FAKE rather than those trying not to step on anyone's toes?I know there is a definitive split down the middle,there are those that want the FAKE approach,word it nicely so it doesn't raise any alarms,make it sound like there really are no problems and there are those who like it STRAIGHT up no bull.

I personally don't know anything about this person and i usually don't know anything about the community reps because they don't work or make the game and any feedback you give them goes nowhere.Brad and team are not sitting there thinking...oh i hope she comes to us with some feedback so we can just turn a 360 and restart building the game.

Feedback if ever,garners a VERY small..diminutive changer on a game,almost always not change but perhaps a FIX,like someone can't login or a certain graphics card is not working properly etc etc,but never anything to do with the actual game design.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    kitarad said:
    I think both the interest in Vanilla servers of WoW and Pantheon is threatening the current population of WoW players because they take such umbrage at discussion of these games and god forbid if it should prove to be popular they might pop a vein in disbelief.
    The Soki123's of the world have nothing to worry about

"Blizzard Is Working On Mobile Titles For All Of Its IPs"

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-is-working-on-mobile-titles-for-all-of-it/1100-6463105/?gid=6000174490&messageid=6000390888&uid=60183616519&utm_campaign=20160510&utm_medium=email&utm_source=weekly_newsletter

Plenty of games coming for them

craftseeker

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    I wonder how well 15 year old graphics will be recieved in todays market?
    It depends on the segment of the market in question, as tastes among game players vary greatly. One must also consider what comes along with those graphics.

A game can be visually stunning but if you have no interest in the play that comes along with, it will likely have less shelf time than a more primitive looking one you greatly enjoy playing.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited November 2018
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Ask Richard Garriott. Shroud of the Avatar is just smashing the charts.
    I suspect SotA has a few more issues of greater concern which turn many players away, poor graphics is probably well down on the list except for gaming metros and fashionistas.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    I suspect SotA has a few more issues of greater concern which turn many players away, poor graphics is probably well down on the list except for gaming metros and fashionistas.

First and foremost (imo) being how they've got the world compartmentalized like the original Dragon Age title.  The lack of continuity made the world feel small and artificial when I tried it.
    KyleranJamesGoblinMrMelGibson

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Torval said:
    Mensur said:
    Sovrath said:
    Mensur said:
    What is she doing there? Man I really didnt like her. She did a shit job at Trion.
    yeah but why?

No problem, I will explain my self brother. Maybe I should have done that in the first comment but here it goes.

Remember ArcheAge? She litterealy didnt do anything to combat the issues they had- she even endorsed the forum BAN policy on negative feedback.

It just seems that people quickly forgot how she acted. If she really is that good and good for the community then why does Trion Worlds have such a bad community and feedback loop.

I also think that part of my salt towards her, is the fact that she joined Pantheon- and I am a huge fan of that game and have backed them since early days. 

That's her job. It's a shitty community and a huge cesspool. Notice it's not any better even after she left. She's not the problem. The low lifes who play the game are.

I expect better from you for naming an entire community low lives.

We are also intelligent, play many games and have never been treated this way. Many issues also aren't regarding the what, it's the how. How she approaches folks is directly her no company is responsible for that unless they let her away with it and they did and well... Now, I am not one to sit anywhere and talk about people behind their backs that's childish as hell, y'all can easily discover yourselves why folks are genuinely upset reading dev trackers on certain forums but I will say that exiting a community this way is not sitting well with many. It should also be sending out a red flag to any developers, if it doesn't then gaming is in more trouble than just financially.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/news-announcements/507138-trion-transitioning-question-comment-thread.html#post5366557

The Rift community are very vocal, I am not the most liked person for sure so can vouch that it can be toxic but not everything is straight-forward like any community. Not every one is a troll and no one, absolutely no one is a damn low life.

Swanea
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Torval said:
    Scorchien said:

Bad Move VR
    Why is that? She was a good community member at SoE and Trion for that matter. I've always seen her enthusiastic about the games she's playing or representing and decent to the community.
    I must disagree with my good and great Friend here. I respect Torvals opinion on any matter so I will not argue with my good friend. I personally think they made a horrible choice and I will leave it at that. Torval is probably right and I'm just being a Trion hater but, this is how I feel. 9/10 Torval is right and I'm wrong lol
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

• TazdragoTazdrago Member UncommonPosts: 44

Kumapon said:

Looks like Pre-Alpha pledges are back up, so anyone looking to get into Pre-Alpha (starts Nov.25), can do so now.

Pre Alpha packs are $1000, thats way to much, it's a game not a bloody car.
    JamesGoblinMrMelGibson
    Kyleran said:
    OG_Zorvan said:

Game performance is more of an issue than the graphics, as at least in my case I have to disable a large number of graphical features to keep play reasonably smooth.

If I could play with those features on, the graphics of SotA would far transcend anything from 15 years ago for the most part, aside for some notable oddities.

For one, when you watch someone gathering resources they will appear to slide over to the resource rather than move normally. This is being worked on.

For another, there are some cases of absurd pop-in where you are moving about and then suddenly BUILDING IN YOUR FACE. This is especially odd as some areas you have incredible viewing distance without the presence of obscuring fog.

Project: Gorgon would be a far better example of dated graphics.
    Kyleran said:
    OG_Zorvan said:

First and foremost (imo) being how they've got the world compartmentalized like the original Dragon Age title.  The lack of continuity made the world feel small and artificial when I tried it.
    I haven't played Dragon Age, so I'm not certain what you mean by world compartmentalization.

If you are speaking of the large gates on the over world maps that represented difficult areas one had to traverse to get from one region to another, those gates are now open and can be passed through without incident (though one can opt to battle through.)

One can now walk about the entire mainland if desired, with the only impeding elements being natural terrain such as mountain ranges for which a pass must be found, and rivers for which a bridge must be found to cross.

If you instead mean the need to travel on an over map to get from one game play area to another, that still exists and will likely never change.
    KiwiHype said:
    Torval said:
    Mensur said:
    Sovrath said:
    Mensur said:
    yeah but why?

That's her job. It's a shitty community and a huge cesspool. Notice it's not any better even after she left. She's not the problem. The low lifes who play the game are.

We are also intelligent, play many games and have never been treated this way. Many issues also aren't regarding the what, it's the how. How she approaches folks is directly her no company is responsible for that unless they let her away with it and they did and well... Now, I am not one to sit anywhere and talk about people behind their backs that's childish as hell, y'all can easily discover yourselves why folks are genuinely upset reading dev trackers on certain forums but I will say that exiting a community this way is not sitting well with many. It should also be sending out a red flag to any developers, if it doesn't then gaming is in more trouble than just financially.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/news-announcements/507138-trion-transitioning-question-comment-thread.html#post5366557

The Rift community are very vocal, I am not the most liked person for sure so can vouch that it can be toxic but not everything is straight-forward like any community. Not every one is a troll and no one, absolutely no one is a damn low life.

Rift forums are, like many gaming ones, aptly described as an ocean of dross in which a few oiled droplets of constructive comment are suspended. Vocality, in and of itself, has no inherent merit. Without qualitative substance it is just noise.

Though many posts are lacklustre, incidents of outright trolling are much rarer, and certainly much lower than the interpretations and accusations of such. It is sadly one of those labels some like to toss out when their quiver of debate runs out of arrows on point.

Your contention the Rift community has absolutely no low-lifes is absurd. There will inevitably be some of less than desirable character in any collection of people beyond the minuscule. However, I've definitely played games with more negativity in general chat. Whether that is a testament to the quality of Rift players or the scarcity of them is hard to say.
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited November 2018
    Yo Knightfalz, the re-quotes on here are janky.

The first sentence is the main concern of all I said and the only reason I responded - a writer on this site needs to set a standard or there isn't any. At a time - I might add - when the Rift community are in a state of uncertainty as we await word from Gamigo still of Rift's future while every other game has been addressed. TLDR: Rift community needs more positive vibes!

The rest is semantics because what we think is a low-life will differ etc

Anyways, new week and all. Have a good one everyone and happy gaming out there!
    KiwiHype said:

It's a bit of semantics there.

Torval said "the low lives who play the game." That's referring to the negative people who play the gmae, not everyone who plays the game.

Could have been phrased differently but it's clear.

Should she have said that? No. She was still representing not only the game company but also "herself" as a community manager.

I get her sentiment and I'm sure there are a lot of shitty people who pollute any community but as a professional she should always be a professional.

Now, having said THAT, I'm not too concerned of a person calling out the worst people of a community as I'm sure they always took the time to be the worst they could be.

If she was always crappy to everyone then that would be a different thing.

For her that should be a learning moment as far as her career is concerned and if I was her new employer I would have a long conversation with her and hold her accountable for everything she says and does while representing the company.

MrMelGibson

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Why would anyone hire her?
    Can somebody explain this to me? I'm really asking not joking.
    Presumably because she made those other companies a truck load of money.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Not well at all.
    Aside from those with nostalgia for the old 2001 days, I suspect the vast majority will give this game a pass.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Why would anyone hire her?
    Can somebody explain this to me? I'm really asking not joking.
    Presumably because she made those other companies a truck load of money.
    actually I didn't even remember who the bit was, but after reading the comments I have to tell you, comunity manager don't make money for the company, she was supose to pass the most issues the comunity have to the devs and try to organize the contact channels with the customers, so they can be fixed or be aware of the issues, so she can't make then "money", if she was then explain why trion as been sold, and soe closed, with also means she shouldn't be hired, if the her last 2 jobs was on company who closed, if I was a pantheon backer I would be worried as hell now lol
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited November 2018
     if I was a pantheon backer I would be worried as hell now lol
    There is nothing to be worried about. I backed the game and I'm not worried at all.

She was a community manager for some games that had divisive communities and some drama. It's her job to work with that, to represent the company and to interact with the community.

Provided she can learn how to handle trollish elements a bit better I don't see any issues.

She is not designing the game, she is not the CEO of the game, she is not handling the money, she is not the marketing manager.

She is the community manager.
    MrMelGibson